Minhaj Welfare Foundation
Aims and Objectives
- The core objectives of Minhaj Welfare Foundation can be summarised into the following:
- The relief of poverty, sickness, distress and suffering of any persons who are in need irrespective of their nationality, race, ethnic origin and religious beliefs.
- The advancement of other charitable purposes for the benefit of the public to provide recreational facilities and activities in the interests of social welfare with the objective of providing the conditions of life for those persons in need of such facilities.
- The advancement of education for the public benefit concerning the teachings and religion of Islam; and
- The advancement of the faith and religious practices of Islam.
- Improving Education in marginalised communities, focusing on the following areas:
- Equal opportunities for all (irrespective of gender) have access to education
- nhancing quality in primary and secondary education.
- Development of our current Education setup.
Education for all
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation (MWF) strongly believes that education is the most crucial foundation stone of any society; without which the development and progress of any nation is not achievable.
- With your help, children forgotten by their parents and community will find a new family and home at Minhaj Welfare. They are offered food, shelter, healthcare and a quality education.
Water for all
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation is fighting to end the water crisis ensuring everyone has access to clean drinking water. And with the support of people like you, we have built more than 3000 water projects benefitting more than 250,000 people.
- An estimated 780 millions people around the world do not have proper access to clean drinking water.
- MWF believes that when a community gets access to clean water, it can change everything. It can improve health, increase access to food, grow local economy and more children can spend more time in school. With the support of our donors, MWF has built more than 3000 water projects benefitting more than 250,000 people up until the end of 2015.
Responding to Conflict and Emergency
- Minhaj Welfare Foundation is responding to the ongoing conflicts and disasters in Syria, Pakistan and the Horn of Africa. MWF is focusing on both the short and long term needs of those affected.
- The crisis in Syria is gravely concerning. Hundreds of people are being killed or wounded and millions have already fled their homes. Ever since the crisis broke out in 2011, the situation has worsened with more than 13 million Syrians, including 6 million children in need of humanitarian assistance.
- An estimated 13.2 millions Syrians are in need of humanitarian assistance since the crisis broke out in 2011 Including 6 million children.
- 36 millions People across Africa are facing hunger after the El-Nino drought.
Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri
- One of the key and foremost reasons for the establishment of Minhaj Welfare Foundation was to establish a network of schools that will provide a quality education that was accessible to the economically deprived communities of Pakistan.
- MWF strongly believes that education is the most crucial foundation stone of any society; without which the development and progress of any nation is not achievable.
- Since our establishments we have built over 630 educational institutions including schools, colleges, libraries and a University catering for well over 150,000 students and through this we are contributing to the livelihoods of over 7000 families by the employment of our academic and administrative staff.
- MWF strongly adheres to the philosophy that education should be supplemented with rigorous moral and ethical training so that the students may become a positive contribution to the development of their communities.
- Based on this our Education program provides a holistic education that empowers children to lead a productive and successful lives.