Iqbal Stadium Celebrate pak team
Pakistan cricket stadium Iqbal Stadium
The Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad is situated in the northern province of Punjab
and is a modern and well-equipped stadium. Iqbal Stadium - situated in the northern province of Punjab
But no matter how impressive a venue is, not much can be done about the weather and Faisalabad has suffered at the hands of the elements. In 1998-99 fog caused the third Test against Zimbabwe was abandoned without a ball being bowled, while bad light is often an issue especially for matches played during the winter. However, when play has been possible, some memorable performances have taken place. An exciting Test was played out in 1997-98 when South Africa skittled Pakistan for 92, successfully defending a target of 142 on the final day. Then, in 2004-05, Sanath Jayasuriya smashed 253 as Sri Lanka powered to a 201-run victory. But the ground is most famous for the confrontation between Mike Gatting and Shakoor Rana during England's 1987-88 tour, which led to a day being lost during the match and some long-lasting bad feeling between the teams. The stadium itself is only 2km out of the city centre, which can be reached by a walk through the tree-lined suburbs. caused the third Test against - In 1998-99 fog
- First Test: 1st Test, Pakistan vs. India, October 1978.
- First ODI: Pakistan vs. New Zealand, November 1984.
- Highest innings total: 6–674 by Pakistan vs. India, October 1984.
- Lowest innings total: 53 all out by West Indies vs. Pakistan, October 1986.
- Highest individual score: 253 by Sanath Jayasuriya for Sri Lanka vs. Pakistan, October 2004. Highest individual score - Iqbal Stadium
- Best bowling figures (match): 12–130 (7–76 & 5–54) by Waqar Younis for Pakistan vs. New Zealand, October 1990.
- Highest innings total: 7–314 (50 overs) by Pakistan vs. New Zealand, December 2003.
- Highest individual score: 106 by Mohammad Yousuf for Pakistan vs. Bangladesh, September 2003.
- Best bowling figures: 4–27 (4 overs) by Mudassar Nazar for Pakistan vs. New Zealand, November 1984.
Iqbal Stadium Night View
Iqbal Stadium is a sports ground in Faisalabad
, Pakistan, it has a capacity of 18,000. The ground have been hosted 24 Test cricket since 1978 when Pakistan played India for the first time. 16 One Day Internationals (ODIs) have been hosted, Iqbal Stadium is - sports ground in Faisalabad
where the first of which was in 1984 when Pakistan played New Zealand
Pakistani batsman Zaheer Abbas became the first man to score a Test century at Iqbal Stadium when he made 176 against India in 1978. The score of 253 by Sri Lankan maestro Sanath Jayasuriya against Pakistan in 2004 stands as the highest score seen at the ground. Overall, there are 53 Test centuries have been scored at the ground, including 6 double centuries
Four ODI centuries have been scored at Iqbal Stadium, and the first by Pakistani batsman Saleem Malik who scored 100 from 95 deliveries against Sri Lanka in 1987. The highest score achieved at the ground is 108 not out made by Pakistani Mohammad Yousuf against Zimbabwe in 2008 batsman Zaheer Abbas - first man to score a Test century at Iqbal Stadium
- * denotes that the batsman was not out.
- Inns. denotes the number of the innings in the match.
- Balls denotes the number of balls faced in an innings.
- NR denotes that the number of balls was not recorded.
- Parentheses next to the player's score denotes his century number at Iqbal Stadium.
- The column title Date refers to the date the match started.
- The column title Result refers to whether the player's team won
Hotels near Iqbal Stadium
- Hotels within 0.5 miles of Iqbal Stadium
- Hotels within 3 miles of Iqbal Stadium
- Hotels within 4 miles of Iqbal Stadium
Hotel One Faisalabad
- Hotels within 5 miles of Iqbal Stadium
Garvaish Luxury Hotel
Created By: Umair Ijaz
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks