About Amir Khan
Amir Khan in Ring
Amir Khan Great Boxer
He first got introduced to the boxing gym when he was 8 years old. he spent his time always looking forward to the next class.he fought his first 3 fights in Bolton boxing club and went on to fight for Bury Boxing club with Mick Jelly as his coach.By the time he was 16 he had won three schoolboy championships, three junior ABA championships, gold in the junior Olympics and finally won gold at the European student championships in Lithuania.His highlight in the amateur ranks was being allowed to fight for England in the 2004 Athens Olympics after coming first in the AIBA European Olympic qualifying tournament in Bulgaria. He went on to win a silver medal losing out on gold to Mario Kindelan.He decided to turn professional after the Athens Olympics. Before he did that he had a score to settle with Mario Kindelan. This was to be his final amateur fight – he won all three rounds by unanimous decision.Since turning pro he have been 2 times world champion, moved from lightweight to welterweight and now up to middleweight. in the 2004 Athens Olympics - after coming
Amir Khan and his Family Biography
Amir Khan With Family
Amir Khan Grandfather On his Dads Side
His grand father was the first in his family to settle in the UK. His Grand Father came from Pakistan
on his own in the 60s and worked in a cotton mill in Bolton, earning enough to bring over the rest of his family. His dad, Shah, was only about eight when he came to this country. Like most immigrants, he has a fierce work ethic. He trained as a mechanic before setting up his own garage and then a scrapyard.
Amir Khan Grew Up in a Nice House
Amir Khan With His Brother
in a very middle-class area in Bolton and had a very happy childhood. his mum, Falak, who was also brought over from Pakistan by her parents as a kid, devoted herself to bringing up him and his younger brother and sister Haroon and Tabinda, and his elder sister Mariyah.
As a Kid Amir Khan was Hyperactive and the Naughty
He was hyperactive and the naughty one in school. He wouldn’t listen to anyone and thought he knew best. At home, he was always breaking things and annoying everyone. Dad was worried, so when he was eight, he took him to boxing classes in an attempt to divert his energy and keep him out of trouble. It made a huge difference to the way he saw life, and taught him discipline. It also taught him respect, because Dad made it clear that if he didn’t behave he wouldn’t be able to go back to the gym. "If it wasn’t for him I have no doubt I’d have just wasted my life" - said Amir Khan. Amir Khan Grew up in a Nice House
His Dad Was Surprised
Amir Khan Parents
when people at the gym started saying that he had the potential to be a champion. His intention was to keep him off the streets, not to make him a world-class boxer. But he was so proud, especially when he won a silver medal in the 2004 Olympics. he was only 17 and he know Mum and Dad were scared for him because he was just a boy, yet he was fighting men.
Amir Khan and Business
He Don’t Have to Worry About the Business side of his career, because his Dad oversees all that. He deals with the lawyers, making sure his fight contracts are all up to date and done properly. He’s the money man. It’s great to have him taking care of all that because it’s so easy when you’re young to be reckless with money. And he know his dad is never going to stitch him up! He’s always giving him pep talks warning him against people who might just want to be his friend because of who he is. He’s so wise. Amir Khan and Business
Amir Khans father Always Ringside at His Fights
Amir Khan With Pakistan's Army Gen Raheel Sharif
His Father's main priority is that he is safe. Mum stopped coming when the fights got harder because she couldn’t bear to see the blood. She’ll just sit at home or in the hotel waiting until it’s all over.
Amir Khans Parents
His Parents Live with them and his younger brother and sister in a big house in Bolton which he bought and extended. The rest of the family live opposite. Tabinda is married and they live a couple of miles away, but they see each other all the time. They still all eat together most nights, although he is away a lot, and Mom still does all his washing and keeps his kit in order.
Amir Khan wife Faryal Khan
Amir Khan With His Brother During Practise
Amir khan enjoying married life with his beautiful girl faryal Khan Makhdoom. He is determined to the same kind of father to Lamaisah as his dad has been to him and guide her through life. He is really excited at the thought of her first Christmas. Although they are Muslim, They still celebrate. They have a little tree and a turkey dinner with the family. It’s really important to him that when Lamaisah starts school and the other kids talk about what they got for Christmas, she doesn’t feel left out. Amir Khan As a Father
The Boxing World Can be a Very Lonely
Khan said the boxing world can be a very lonely one and he is so grateful every day to have Dad and his whole family watching his back. It would be unthinkable if he didn’t have their support.
Amir Khan in Action
Khan began to box competitively at the age of 11, with early honours including three English school titles, three junior ABA titles, and gold at the 2003 Junior Olympics. In early 2004 he won a gold medal at the European Student Championships in Lithuania, and in South Korea several months later he won world junior lightweight title after fighting five times in seven days. One of his notable early amateur fights was against Victor Ortíz, whom he defeated in a second round stoppage. Overall, he compiled an amateur record of 101–9.  In early 2004 he won - gold medal
KHAN VS. ALVAREZ
- Location: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
KHAN VS. ALGIERI
- Location: Barclays Centre, New York
- Title: WBC Silver welterweight
KHAN VS. ALEXANDER
- Opponent: Devon Alexander
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Title: WBC Silver welterweight title
KHAN VS. COLLAZO
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Title: WBA International welterweight title
KHAN VS. DIAZ
- Location: Sheffield Arena, Sheffield
Amir Khan Foundation
Amir Khan After Fight
Amir Khan Foundation aims to help disadvantaged children around the world and is currently in the process of building an orphanage in Gambia. It also helps deliver aid to victims that suffer in disasters such as the Syrian refugee crisis in Greece or the 2015 floods in Cumbria, England.If you would like to get involved there are many ways you can; either as a volunteer or by supporting via donations. Foundation help - disadvantaged children
Amir Khan Win A Fight
For him, inspiration comes from the past heroes of sport; boxing has had so many of them, all known for their individual personalities.His biggest inspiration comes from a man who has inspired the world over. No matter where you go his name is not far from any conversation. It is not only his achievements in sports that people are inspired by, but also the things he did outside his sport.You can probably guess that he is talking about Muhammad Ali. He had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occasions and on both times the experience he’s been so humbling. inspiration comes from the - past heroes
17 Random Facts About Amir Khan
Amir Khan Looking Cool
- Amir Iqbal Khan was born in Bolton on the 8th December 1986. His family originally hail from Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- Khan has two sisters and a younger brother Haroon who is also a professional boxer. He is also a first cousin of Essex and England fast bowler Sajid Mahmood.
- Amir attended Smithills School in Bolton and was first taken to the Bolton Lads boxing gym by his father, aged eight, because he was 'overactive'. His childhood hero was former three time world heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali.
- Starting competitively at 11, he lost three of his first six fights but after moving to Bury ABC won seven national junior titles and was victorious in 101 of 110 amateur contests.
- In international competition, the Bolton lad struck gold at the Junior Olympics (Louisiana), European Students (Rome), European Cadets (Lithuania) and World Junior (South Korea) meets, bagging the Outstanding Boxer of the Tournament on each occasion.
- As Britain's sole rep at the 2004 Athens Olympics, Khan became GB's youngest ever boxing medallist, aged 17, when he made the lightweight final.
- Initially, Team GB was reluctant to risk Khan in Greece because of his youth. However, they re-assessed once Pakistan began to show an interest in sending him.
- Prior to turning pro, he completed a two year Sports Development diploma at Bolton Community College.
- For all his rich natural ability, Khan is maligned for having a 'weak' chin and Rachid Drilzane, Willie Limond, Michael Gomez, Breidis Prescott (twice), Danny Garcia (three times) and Julio Diaz have all put him on the canvas as a pro.
- Khan became Britain's third youngest boxing world champion when he snared the WBA light-welterweight title from Andriy Kotelnik at Manchesters MEN Arena in July 2009. Only Naseem Hamed and Herbie Hide were younger.
- Amir is a practising Muslim, attends mosque, follows a halal diet and observes Ramadan. In addition to English, he is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi.
- He has an excellent track record for raising funds and awareness for charitable causes and his CV lists involvement with Oxfam, NSPCC, Childline, National Rail's 'No Messin', plus several international initiatives.
- In January 2010, he opened the state-of-the-art Gloves Community Centre in Halliwell, Bolton. The centre served as a training facility, amateur boxing club, HQ for the Khan empire and an education centre for local kids. Amir invested ??750,000 of his own money to get the venture started.
- Khan is a lifelong fan of his home town club Bolton Wanderers and often makes use of their training facilities at the Reebok Stadium. He also followed England at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- Khan boasts over 1.5 million followers on Twitter. However, he has blocked over a thousand for unsavoury messages about his ethnicity, faith and ability.
- In May 2013, he married Pakistani-American Faryal Makhdoom at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. A subsequent 'Walima' ceremony in Manchester catered for over 4,000! 'Hello' magazine bagged the photo rights. The pair have a daughter Lamaisah (meaning soft and gentle) who celebrated her first birthday last Saturday.
- In the spring of 2014, Khan signed with reclusive but hugely influential US 'adviser' Al Haymon in the hope of securing future mega fights with such as Floyd Mayweather, Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman and Adrien Broner who are also on Haymon's roster.  17 random facts about - Amir Khan life
Professional Boxing Record
|35||Loss||31–4||(Mexico)Canelo Alvarez||KO||6 (12), 2:37||7 May 2016||(US), Paradise, NevT-Mobile Arenaada, US||For WBC, The Ring, and lineal middleweight titles|
|34||Win||31–3||(US) Chris Algieri||UD||12||29 May 2015||(US) New York City, Barclays Center,New York, US||Retained WBC Silver welterweight title|
|33||Win||30–3||(US) Devon Alexander||UD||12||13 Dec 2014||(US)MGM Grand Garden Arena, Paradise, Nevada, US||Retained WBC Silver welterweight title|
|32||Win||29–3||(US) Luis Collazo||UD||12||3 May 2014||(US)MGM Grand Garden Arena, Paradise, Nevada, US||Won WBA International and vacant WBC Silver welterweighttitles|
|31||Win||28–3||(Mexico) Julio Díaz||UD||12||27 Apr 2013||(UK)Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield , England||-|
|30||Win||27–3||(US)Carlos Molina||RTD||10 (12), 3:00||15 Dec 2012||(US) Memorial Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California, US||Won vacant WBC Silver interim light-welterweight title|
|29||Loss||26–3||(US)Danny García||TKO||4 (12), 2:28||14 Jul 2012||(US)Mandalay Bay Events Center, Paradise, Nevada, US||Lost WBA (Super) light welterweight title;
For WBC and vacant The Ring light-welterweight titles|
|28||Loss||26–2||(US)Lamont Peterson||SD||12||10 Dec 2011||(US) Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC, US||Lost WBA (Super) and IBF light-welterweight titles;
Khan later reinstated as champion by the WBA after Peterson failed a drug test|
|27||Win||26–1||(US) Zab Judah||KO||5 (12), 2:47||23 Jul 2011||(US)Mandalay Bay Events Center, Paradise, Nevada, US||Retained WBA (Super) light-welterweight title;
Won IBF light-welterweight title |
|26||Win||25–1||(US)Paul McCloskey||TD||6 (12), 2:30||16 Apr 2011||(UK)MEN Arena, Manchester, England||Retained WBA light-welterweight title
Unanimous TD after McCloskey was cut from an accidental head clash|
|25||Win||24–1||(Argentina) Marcos Maidana||UD||12||11 Dec 2010||(US) Mandalay Bay Events Center, Paradise, Nevada, ||Retained WBA light-welterweight title|
|24||Win||23–1||(US)Paulie Malignaggi||TKO||11 (12), 1:25||15 May 2010||(US) The Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York, US||Retained WBA light-welterweight title|
|23||Win||22–1||(US) Dmitry Salita||TKO||1 (12), 1:16||5 Dec 2009||(US) Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, England||Retained WBA light-welterweight title|
|22||Win||21–1||(Ukraine)Andreas Kotelnik||UD||12||18 Jul 2009||(UK)MEN Arena, Manchester, England||Won WBA light-welterweight title|
|21||Win||20–1||(Mexico) Marco Antonio Barrera||TD||5 (12), 2:36||14 Mar 2009||(UK)MEN Arena, Manchester, England||Retained WBA International lightweight title;
Won vacant WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title;
Unanimous TD after Barrera was cut from an accidental head clash|
|20||Win||19–1||(Republic of Ireland) Oisin Fagan||TKO||2 (12), 1:37||6 Dec 2008||(UK) ExCeL, London, England||Won vacant WBAInternational lightweight title|
|19||Loss||18–1||(Colombia) Breidis Prescott||KO||1 (12), 0:54||6 Sep 2008||(UK) MEN Arena, Manchester, England||Lost WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title|
|18||Win||18–0||(Republic of Ireland)Michael Gomez||TKO||5 (12), 2:33||21 Jun 2008||(UK) National Indoor Arena, Birmingham, England||Retained Commonwealth lightweight title|
|17||Win||17–0||(Denmark) Martin Kristjansen||TKO||7 (12), 2:53||5 Apr 2008||(UK) Bolton Arena, Bolton, England||Won WBOInter-Continental lightweight title|
|16||Win||16–0||(Australia) Gairy St. Clair||UD||12||2 Feb 2008||(UK) ExCeL, London, England||Retained Commonwealth lightweight title|
|15||Win||15–0||(UK) Graham Earl||TKO||1 (12), 1:12||8 Dec 2007||(UK) Bolton Arena, Bolton, England||Retained Commonwealth lightweight title|
|14||Win||14–0||(UK) Scott Lawton||TKO||4 (12), 0:32||6 Oct 2007||(UK) Nottingham Arena, Nottingham, England||Retained Commonwealth lightweight title|
|13||Win||13–0||(UK) Willie Limond||TKO||8 (12), 3:00||14 Jul 2007||(UK) The O2 Arena,London, England||Won Commonwealth lightweight title|
|12||Win||12–0||(UK) Stefy Bull||TKO||3 (8), 1:45||7 Apr 2007||(UK) Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales||-|
|11||Win||11–0||(France) Mohammed Medjadi||TKO||1 (8), 0:55||17 Feb 2007||(UK) Wembley Arena,London, England||-|
|10||Win||10–0||(France) Rachid Drilzane||UD||10||9 Dec 2006||(UK) ExCeL, London, England||-|
|9||Win||9–0||(UK) Ryan Barrett||TKO||1 (6), 1:51||2 Sep 2006||(UK) Bolton Arena, Bolton, England||-|
|8||Win||8–0||(UK) Colin Bain||TKO||2 (6), 2:20||8 Jul 2006||(UK) Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales||-|
|7||Win||7–0||(Hungary) Laszlo Komjathi||UD||6||20 May 2006||(UK) King's Hall, Belfast,Northern Ireland||-|
|6||Win||6–0||(UK) Jackson Williams||TKO||3 (6), 2:16||25 Feb 2006||(UK) ExCeL, London, England||-|
|5||Win||5–0||(Belarus) Vitali Martynov||TKO||1 (6), 1:15||28 Jan 2006||(UK) Nottingham Arena, Nottingham, England||-|
|4||Win||4–0||(UK) Daniel Thorpe||TKO||2 (4), 2:57||10 Dec 2005||(UK) ,ExCeL, London England||-|
|3||Win||3–0||(UK) Steve Gethin||TKO||3 (4), 0:49||5 Nov 2005||(UK) Braehead Arena, Glasgow, Scotland||-|
|2||Win||2–0||(UK) Baz Carey||UD||4||10 Sep 2005||(UK) International Arena, Cardiff, Wales||-|
|1||Win||1–0||(UK) David Bailey||TKO||1 (4), 1:49||16 Jul 2005||(UK) EnglandBolton Arena, Bolton,||Professional debut|
The Problems Faryal Makhdoum and Amir Khan Face
The couple has been facing many problems during the first three years of their marriage because of the Amir Khan’s parents objection to Faryal’s life style that she doesn’t wear the hijab and her clothes that don’t comply with Islamic instructions, Faryal
Khan said that she is a modern woman in 2017 who wants to travel to every place in the world freely and without restrictions, Amir’s parents may have wanted him to marry a pious Muslim Pakistani girl according to Faryal Khan, she said they had beated her, treated her badly and cut her from family photos, The parents said that they had treated her as their daughter, This quarrel caused great anger of Amir Khan, who described that by “childish acts”. He also threatened the parties that if they hadn’t been stopped this quarrel they would lose him as a son and a husband, this made Amir Makhdoom’s wife apologize for what she said and Faryal Makdoom explained her accusations that she had been angry. The Problems Faryal Makhdoum and Amir Khan Face
But the problems between faryal Khan and Amir’s parents did not stop till the current month, faryal khan asked her husband to choose whether her stay with him or his parents.
Amir Khan and his wife Faryal got again Relationship
Amir Khan Wife faryal khan
Pakistani-born British boxer has agreed between Amir Khan and his wife. On the social networking site, Amir Khan said that there have been problems solved between them. Boxer Amir Khan said that I want to end the year with Happines. On this occasion, Amir Khan shared his photos with the wife faryal khan Makhdoom on Instagram. Amir Khan and his wife Faryal got again Relationship
First Round Knockout
knockout inside 39 seconds at Liverpool’s Echo Arena
Amir Khan turned his attention to a fight with fellow Briton Kell Brook after beating Phil Lo Greco in 39 seconds on a devastating return to the ring at Liverpool's Echo Arena.It had been two years since Khan last fought, when he was brutally knocked out by Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, but he made up for lost time by swiftly seeing off Canadian Lo Greco with a first-round knockout.Lo Greco first hit the canvas when Khan caught him flush with a right and, though he got back up, it was soon over as the 31-year-old's flurry of left hands forced the end.Khan displayed no ring rust following his hiatus and showed the hand speed which once won him a world title had also not slowed.It was also an emphatic message to one of his bitter rivals watching from ringside. First Round Knockout
Created By: Zaid Ijaz
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks