Department of Entomology
Department of Crop Physiologyhe Crop Physiology department was established in the Faculty of Agriculture in July 7, 1981 by the proposal of Planning and Development Department, Government of the Punjab.s Department offers degrees of M.Sc.(Hons.) Agri. And Ph.D. at Postgraduate level. At undergraduate level, a core course for the students of agriculture is being taught to introduce about the basic knowledge of crop physiology. However, at postgraduate level, a set of different courses is being offered to a large number of students from allied disciplines of agriculture. It is of vital importance for the fulfillment of the need of knowledge and experities for incorporation of physiological aspects in various field and laboratory based research programmers. Along with regular teaching, postgraduate and independent research is the main focus of activity of the department’s faculty. For the purpose, the department has three well-established laboratories viz. one main/general laboratory, stress physiology laboratory and a seed physiology laboratory. Agricultural meteorological cell is another important feature of the department, which not only provides the meteorological data for the scientific community of the University but also acts as a solid source research on weather trends and spectral analysis.
- Founded in 1961
- Covered Area Two Story, 45000 Sq Ft. (Centrally Air-conditioned)
- Seating Capacity 1,500
- Library Hours 8.30 AM TO 9.00 PM Without Break
- Librarian Prof. Dr. M. Ashfaq, Head, Dept. of Library
- Classification Dewey Decimal Classification
- Cataloguing Code A.A.C.R-I
- CATPAK (PAK. AGRI. Database) 13843 Bibliographic References
- Prepared By NARC, Islamabad From 1971-1991
- Membership Staff 500, Students 3000
- Membership Book Bank 2718
- Various Sections Acquisition, Circulation, Computer, Classification & Cataloguing, Audio-Visual, Binding, Photocopying (Xerox), Book Bank, Periodicals, Urdu Section, Book Shop, Fresh Arrival, Donation, Counter For Central Cataloguing
- Total Volumes 1,86,750 (Computerized),
- Urdu There are about 4600 books in this newly created section. Urdu books on different topics like Iqbaliat, Islam, Pakistan studies etc. have been added during the current year.
- Other languages
- Journals on Microfiche / Microfilms various type of projectors 113 Titles
- Periodicals 17 in additional 12 Newspapers received
- Unbound Materials (Journals, Reports, Magazines, Pamphlets, Abstracts, etc.) 29,000
- Audio-Visual Section The documentation services have also been started for the benefit of students and researchers. Micro-reproduction equipment comprising microfilm reader and microfiche reader were acquired under the MART project through the courtesy of PARC, Islamabad. Back volumes (1984-90) of 113 selected titles of scientific journals on microfiche/microfilm have also been received under this project. Copies of the requisite articles/references can be obtained from the documentation/Audio-visual Section of this Library at a nominal cost. A number of audio-visual equipment for strengthening documentation services e.g., opaque projector, slide projector, radio gram, record player and instant replay color monitor have also been added.
- (Journal Database 5602 Titles, 22 Institutions), (Theses 12,150), (World Bank Publications 4,000), (FAO Publications 8,100), (CD-ROM Database: AGRIS, 1986-92, 1996; AGRICOLA, 1970-92; CAB, 1984-92; ERIC, 1962-92; VET-CD, 1973-98; Science & Technology Japan, 1998)
- Other facilities The Library also acts as depository library of FAO and World Bank publications who have contributed 385 and 307 publications, respectively. The centrally air-conditioned double story library building provides an extremely conducive atmosphere for the faculty, students and other researchers. Large reading rooms provide seating capacity for over 1000 students at a time. Thirty six individual study carrels are available for research scholars. Photocopying service is also available at subsidized rates.
- Address: University of Agriculture, Faisalabad - Pakistan
- Tel: 041-30281-89
- Fax: 041-647846
- Telex: AGRIVARSITY
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- URL: Library and Online Information Center
Undergraduate Admissions 2017-18Result of 1st Entry Test – 2017 for admission to first degree programs held on April 22, 2017 Download 1st entry test Notice for admission to undergraduate degree programmes for the academic session 2017-2018 (Last Date to Apply: 17-04-2017) - Download For Online Registration Cick here Important Notice for ENTRY TEST, 2017 to be held on 22.04.2017 Please read the following carefully: The candidates who have already deposited entry test fee in online branches of MCB are advised to update their profile, upload the required documents (Picture, CNIC/B-Form, Matric Certificate and Intermediate Part-I) and print Roll No. Slip uptill 12.00 (mid night) tonight (19.02.2017). Please note that nobody will be issued Roll. No. Slip afterwards and they will not be allowed to take Entry Test. Please read the following carefully: The candidates who have already deposited entry test fee in online branches of MCB are advised to update their profile, upload the required documents (Picture, CNIC/B-Form, Matric Certificate and Intermediate Part-I) and print Roll No. Slip uptill 12.00 (mid night) tonight. Please note that nobody will be issued Roll. No. Slip afterwards and they will not be allowed to take Entry Test. Please read the following carefully:
- The last date for registration and payment of dues in online branches of MCB is 17.04.2017 upto 5.00 P.M. Afterwards, no fee voucher will be issued in any case.
- The last date for completing the profile (and uploading of documents) and issuance of Roll. No. Slip is 18.04.2017 (upto 3.00 P.M.).
- No Roll No. Slip will be issued after due date even if the dues have already been paid.
- Dean, Faculty of Agriculture, UAF (041-9200581) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Director, Adaptive Research Farm, Near Quaid-e-Azam Divisional Public School D.C Road, Gujranwala (055-9200200)
- Director General Agri. (Extension), Agriculture House, Davis Road, Near Shimla Pahari, Lahore (042-99200734)
- Director Agriculture, In-Service Agricultural Training Institute, Tehsil Karor Lal Easan District Layyah (060-6811271)
- Project Director, Pak German Polytechnic, Institute for Agricultural Technology, Chak 5 Faiz, Multan (061-4377339)
- Director Agriculture, In-Service Agricultural Training Institute, Rahim Yar Khan (068-9230137).
- Director Agriculture, In-Service Agricultural Training Institute, Dhagal Near Adiala Jail, Rawalpindi (051-5133001).
- Director Agriculture, In-Service Agricultural Training Institute Risala No.5, Sargodha (048-9239081)
- Principal, UAF Sub Campus, Near Railway Station, Toba Tek Singh (046-2517644) email@example.com
- Principal, UAF Sub Campus, Seed Farm Road, Near Telephone Exchange (Vehari) (067-9239066 – 067-9239012) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal, UAF Sub Campus, 7-KM Chichawatni Road, Burewala (067-9239066 – 067-9239012) email@example.com.
- Director Regional Agricultural Research Institute (RARI), Gulberg Road, Near Model Town-A, Bahawalpur (062-9255220-21).
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.