ImformationSpicy lovers of Pakistan, especially our female viewers, brace you for the spicy and tangy Gol Gappay recipe is here on Sooperchef. This Pakistani recipe is also known as Pani puri, Pani patasha, and phuckkas elsewhere in the world. This recipe is a common street snack in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh and now steadily gaining popularity in western countries because of the Diaspora. There are many other snacks like chicken cheese samosa, cheese nuggets, crispy chicken burgers and potato lollipops, but nothing defines the category of Desi street foods as perfectly as the gol gappay. They can be found all over the country at roadside eateries and snack bars.
Prepared and ServedGol gappay are prepared and served in a variety of ways, the basic component of the recipe is a crispy hollow puri made out of flour. The phuchkas are a bit larger in size than the puri and much darker in color. The puri is then filled with a filling of potatoes, onions, grams, and chili. In pani puri, the puri is filled with some grams and then dipped in sour water of tamarind or green mint chutney. In some places like Islamabad, gol gappas are topped with hot sauce or tomato ketchup. You can learn the art of preparing this delectable gol gappa recipe from the comfort of your home with the help of IGREEN.PK. Here you can download the complete recipe of Gol Goppay in Urdu and English language and also gain assistance from our two minutes, instant video guide.
Gol Gappay literally means "water bread". Little is known about its origins. The term pani puri was recorded in 1955; and golgappa in 1951.
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1/2 cum Maida
- 1 cup Flour
- Salt as per taste
- 100 g Tararind
- Water as needed
- 10 g green coriander
- 4 Green chili
- 10 g Ginger
- 2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Black Salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 10 g Mint
- 1 cup Yogurt
- in a bowl, add Semolina, maida, flour, salt, baking soda,lukewarm water and mix it well.
- Now, cover for 30 minutes.
- Now, make Small Chapati and fry them. Papri now Ready.
- In an other bowl, add tararind water and soak for an hour after that let the seeds out and grind tararind.
- in a pan, add tamarind paste, water, sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Sauce is ready.
- In a grinder, add tamarind water, mint, green coriander, green chili, ginger, salt, chaat masala, ajwain, roaste cumin,black salt and grind it well. green sauce is ready.
- in a bowl, add yogurt, salt, roaste cumin and mix it well. yogurt sauce is ready.
- Now fill the Gol Gappay Papri with boiled Potaots, onion, tararind sauce, yogurt sauce, green sauce, boiled chickpea. Gol Gappy Water:
Created By: Zaid Ijaz
Edit By: nonePakpedia