Mahira Khan biography
Mahira Khan family
Look of Mahira khan from Cannes Film festival
Mahira Khan and Fawad Khan on sets of Maula Jatt
Mahira Khan dramas
Mahira Khan BiographyMahira Hafeez Khan is a name known to everyone who has achieved the success which anyone can dream. She is one of the most successful, most humble and the most loved Pakistani actress we have in our industry who has marked her name in Bollywood also by working in a film opposite superstar Shahrukh Khan. Khan is the only Pakistani actress who got the slot to be a part of the Cannes Film festival in 2018. She is the one who often gets troll by the viewers, but she always accepts criticism in an entirely positive way. Anyone can troll her or can make her victim of bad words, but no one can ignore her. She is a beauty with a brain which still has a long way to go.
Mahira date of birthShe was born on 21st December 1984 in Karachi, where she sent her life. She also lived abroad for her education. Currently, she resides in Karachi with her son.
Mahira Khan educationShe did her O'levels from the Foundation Public School, Karachi. Later she went abroad (California) for higher studies. She did her intermediate from Santa Monica College in Los Angeles. Afterwards she joined the University of Southern California for her bachelors, but unfortunately, she couldn't complete her degree and went back to Pakistan to start her professional career. She also worked as a Cashier during her studies in California.
Mahira Khan familyShe was born to an Urdu speaking Pathan family who moved to Pakistan after the Partition. Mahira got married to Ali Askari ( Who doesn't belong to Showbiz) in 2007 with whom she met in California. She gave birth to a son named Azlan. The marriage didn't last for long, and the couple parted their ways in 2015 due to some personal reasons. She has a younger brother Hassan Khan who is a Journalist.
As a VJShe began her profession as a VJ in 2006, facilitating the live show Most Wanted on MTV Pakistan which disclosed three days a week. She at that point facilitated Aag TV's unscripted TV drama Weekends with Mahira in 2008, where she played music recordings, addressed big-name visitors and accepted telephone calls from the viewers.
As an Actress
- She made her acting debut in 2011 when she got a chance to work in Shoaib Mansoor's movie 'Bol' opposite Atif Aslam and Humaima Malik in a supporting role. The film considered as one of the highest-grossing Pakistani movies ever. After her debut on a big screen, she gave her small screen debut in a drama serial 'Neeyat' opposite Humayun Saeed and Ahsan Khan. The serial which made her star overnight is one of the most loved and watched serials of all time 'Humsafar' which broke the records of all the dramas. Her character 'Khirad' is still alive in the hearts of people while people are still obsessed with a couple of Mahira and Fawad Khan, who is equally the biggest star of Pakistan.
- After 'Humsafar' she became a part of another hit serial 'Shehr e Zaat' based on a novel which is written by Umaira Ahmad while Sarmad Khoosat directed the drama. After two years she was again seen in a drama serial 'Sadaq e Tumharai' opposite Adnan Malik. The series based on the real-life story of its director Sarmad Khoosat which attracted the audience and made it one of the biggest hits of Mahira. In 2015 she was seen on a big screen in a romantic drama film 'Bin Roye' opposite Humayun Saeed and Armeena Khan. The film earned a collection of 40 crores worldwide with a budget of approximately 3.5 crores - The movie based on a novel written by Farhat Ishtiaq. Later the film was shown as Television series on HUM Tv.
- After that she was seen in a number of films with prominent artists of Pakistan including Manto starring Saba Qamar, Faysal Qureshi, Sarmad and others, 'Ho Man Jahan' opposite Adeel Hussain and Shehryar Munawar, 'Verna' opposite Haroon Shahid and Naimal Khawar and '7 Din Mohabbat In' opposite Shehryar Munawar, Amna Ilyas and Mira Sethi. Her current film 'Maula Jatt' opposite Fawad Khan, Hamza Ali Abbasi and Humaima Malik are all set to release this year in 2019 after so many obstacles.
- In 2017 she got the biggest opportunity of her life to working with the superstar Shahrukh Khan and other Indian actors in a Bollywood movie 'Raees'. The film earned a collection of 272.5 crores worldwide with a budget of 127 crores.
- Femina Middle East Women Awards (Unbeatable Emerging Talent from Pakistan)
- Masala! Awards (Best Actress award for Bin Roye)
- Vogue Beauty Awards (Face to Watch Out For)
- Special award for International Recognition and also Best Dress at the 8th Beirut International Awards Festival.
- Masala! Awards (Asian Woman of Substance).
- Contribution to Film and Activism Award
- Cannes Film Festival
- Paris Fashion Week
Mahira Khan dramas
- Shehr e Zaat
- Sadqai Tumharai
- Bin Roye
- Main Manto
Mahira Khan movies
- Bin Roye
- Ho Mann Jahan
- Actor in Law - Special Appearance
- Raees - Bollywood
- 7 Din Mohabbat In
- The Legend of Maula Jutt
- Paray Hut Love - Special Appearance
- MTV's Most Wanted
- Weekends with Mahira
- 10th Lux Style Awards
- Coke Kahaani
- 1st HUM Awards
- TUC The Lighter Side of Life
- 14th Lux Style Awards
Mahira Khan AwardsShe honoured with innumerable awards, few of them are as below:
|Year||Drama / Film||Award||Category|
|2013||Humsafar||Lux Style Award||Best Television Actress|
|2013||Humsafar||HUM Awards||Best Onscreen Couple with Fawad|
|2013||Shehr e Zaat||HUM Award||Best Drama Actress|
|2014||Shehr e Zaat||Pakistan Media Award||Best Drama Actress|
|2015||Sadaq e Tumharai||HUM Awards||Best Drama Actress|
|2015||Sadaq e Tumharai||HUM Awards||Best Onscreen couple with Adnan|
|2016||Sadaq e Tumharai||Lux Style Awards||Best Television Actress|
|2016||Bin Roye||Lux Style Awards||Best Film Actress|
|2016||Bin Roye||HUM Award||Recognition Award – Films|
|2016||Bin Roye||HUM Style Award||Most Stylish Film actress|
|2017||Ho Mann Jahan||Lux Style Award||Best Film Actress|
|2017||Bin Roye||HUM Award||Best Drama actress - Popular|
|2018||Verna||Lux Style Award||Best Film Actress|
|2018||Verna||HUM Awards||Recognition Award - Film|
|2018||HUM Style Awards||Style Icon of the Year|