An embassy is a place that is used for the diplomatic relationship between the two countries. It makes the political, social, and cultural relations between the two states. There can only one Embassy possibly work within a country that will represent its stat. The one who controls government affairs in another country is called Ambassador. He sometimes resides in the embassy. Mainly, it assists its people abroad. Such assistance may be related to health, security, or education. In times of conflict, some embassies limit themselves to little support and warn its citizens about the situation.
|Local Language Name:||پاکستان میں جاپان کے سفارت خانے|
|Embassy:||Embassy of Japan in Pakistan|
|Location :||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|Address:||53-70, Ramna 5/4, Diplomatic Enclave 1, Islamabad 44000, Pakistan|
|Postal Address:||P.O. Box 1119, Islamabad, Pakistan|
|Email For Public Affairs Section :||[email protected]|
|Email For Visa Inquiries :||[email protected]|
|Office Hours:||08:30 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:30|
|Consular Service Timing:||09:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:30|
|Visa Timing:||09:00 to 11:00 and 14:30 to 15:30|
|During Ramazan Timing:||09:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 14:30|
|Honorary Consul Generals:||Japan has 4 other consulates in Pakistan|
|Consulates of Japan:||These representations include consulates in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, and Quetta|
|Consulate No 1:||Consulate of Japan in Lahore|
|Address:||64-Block-XX, Khayaban-e-Iqbal, DHA, Phase-III, Lahore|
|Tel :||+92-(0)42-3713-2636-39, and 042-3713-2644 & 2649|
|Consulate No 2:||Consulate of Japan in Quetta|
|Address:||53-A, Jinnah Town Samungli Road Quetta-Pakistan|
|Consulate No 3:||Consulate of Japan in Peshawar|
|Address:||Sector N-3, Phase 4, Hayatabad, Peshawar|
|Consulate No 4:||Consulate of Japan in Karachi|
|Address:||6/2 Civil Lines, Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi, 75530, Pakistan|
|Tel :||(92-21) 3522-0800|
|Fax :||(92-21) 3522-0820|
|Postal Address:||G. P. O. Box No. 3745|
|Pakistan Consulates in Japan:||Tokyo & Osaka|
Embassy of Japan in Pakistan
- The embassy of Japan is situated in Diplomatic enclave Islamabad. The embassy is not the only representation in Pakistan; rather it has four consulates in Pakistan. They are located in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, and Quetta. Japanese Embassy is one of the 230 foreign representations in Pakistan. The embassy provides many services that include visa and passport processing or the legalization of some documents. In 1948, Japan established its Trading Liaison Agency in Karachi. Later it served as a source of diplomacy after the War in Japan.
- The relationships started as trade missions first. Pakistan sent several delegations to Japan to observe its Textile industry for its benefit. It opened the ways for both countries to have trade enhancement and promote economic activities between Pakistan and Japan. After the ratification of the Japan peace treaty, the diplomatic relations started officially in 1952. The first Japanese Ambassador arrived in Karachi in September,1952. Pakistani Prime minister Hussain Shaheed Saharwardi was the first Asian prime minister to visit Japan after WWII. In response, the Japanese Prime Minister, Nabusuki Kishi also visited Pakistan after a month. It was the first-ever visit by the Japanese Prime Minister to any Asian country.
Consulates of Japan in Pakistan
|Address||Japanese Honorary consulate Lahore, Pakistan|
|Head||Mr. Aamir Shirazi, Honorary Consul General|
Consulate General of Japan in Karachi
|Address||9 Abdullah Haroon Road, civil Lines Karachi, Sindh|
|Timings|| Monday to Thursday = 8:30 – 4 pm
Friday = 8:30 – 5 pm
|Off Days||Saturday and Sunday|
Consulate General of Japan in Quetta
|Name||Japanese Honorary Consulate General Quetta|
|Address||53-a Jinnah Town, Samungi road, Balochistan, Pakistan|
|Contact|| (+92) 81-328 29478
(+92) 81 328 29633
|Head||Mr. Syed Nadeem shah|
- Not only diplomatically, but Japan has also always supported Pakistan in the field of Education. Every year, Japan offers scholarships to Pakistani students at the graduate and postgraduate levels. They also offer scholarships for a short course. Japan has also supported students by offering fully-funded scholarships of various high ranked universities to pursue Masters or Doctorate degrees. The offer MEXT research scholarships every year either through their Embassy or through direct correspondence with the professor who is specific for the field of knowledge in which the scholarship will be rewarded.
- Currently, enrolled students in Japanese universities were offered scholarships after directly applying to the Universities. Before leaving for Japan, an orientation session is arranged by the Embassy and former scholar who graduated from Japanese university on scholarship is invited to share his experience there in Japan as a student.
Opportunities for Workers
- Japanese Embassy has also explored ways for the workers of Pakistan to be employed in Japan. As Japan faces a serious labor shortage, they have decided to accept laborers that have skills from abroad. They have already made legislation and passed the immigration control act’ to accept foreign workers. Within five years, Japan will hire 340000 skilled workers. Stakeholders have shown serious interest in Pakistani workers.
- For this purpose, the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan has talked to Ministry of Foreign affairs and the economic affairs division to make opportunities for people of Pakistan. Pakistan signed a memorandum in February in Tokyo for a technical intern training program so that the Japanese market will be open for Pakistani workers. The Embassy has also communicated the appreciation of Pakistani IT skilled professionals by Japanese companies and business people.
Support By Japan
Japan has supported Pakistan in various areas. Japanese NGOs supported COVID-19 affected families to fight against the virus in Pakistan. In March, Japan extended the grant assistance of JPY 500 Million to enhance textile education in Pakistan.