Col (R) Tahir Hussain Mashhadi is a Pakistani politician.He is a Pakistani Senator from Sindh Pakistan. He retired as a Lt. Colonel from Pakistan Army. He is associated with Mutahidda Qaumi Movement ( MQM).
|Name:||Tahir Hussain Mashhadi|
|In Urdu:||طاہر حسین مشہدی|
|Full Name:||Col (R) Syed Tahir Hussain Mashhadi|
|Famous As:||Lt Colonel|
|Education:||B.Sc (Hons), PSC (Command and Staff Course Quetta)|
|Battles/Wars :||Indo-Pakistani War of 1971|
|Tenure:||March 2012 to March 2018|
|Date:||26 July 1942|
|Place:||Jehanian Punjab British India|
|Children:||Three Sons and Two Daughters|
|Political Party:||Muttahida Qaumi Movement|
|Role:||Pakistani Senator from Sindh|
|Prime Minister:||Nawaz Sharif|
Tahir was born in Jahaniah, Punjab. He graduated from Pakistan Military Academy’s 30th short course. He completed his BSc (Hons) from PMA as well as PSC (Command and Staff Course Quetta) with flying colours. He is also an Hons graduate from University of Balochistan. Senator Mashhadi is married with three sons and two daughters.
- Vice Chairman of the District Karachi East from 1994-96
- Chairman Municipal Committee Karachi East 1997
- Elected as Town Nazim (Mayor), Jamshed Town, Karachi in 2005
- Resigned from Town Nazim , Karachi
- Elected to the Senate of Pakistan 2006-2012
- Elected as Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business and Privileges in 2006-2009
- Re-elected as Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business and Privileges in 2009-2012
- Re-elected as Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules of Procedure & Conduct of Business Privileges in 2012-2015
- Re-elected to the Senate for the 2nd term consecutive time 2012-18
- Elected Chairman of Senate Standing Committee on Planning, Development and Reforms: 2015 – 2018
Pakistan Army as a Commissioned Officer 1967–1992. Retired as Colonel.
Parliamentary Leader of MQM in Senate.
Senate Standing Committee on Planning, Development and Reforms.
- Parliamentary Committee on Electoral Reforms
- Parliamentary National Security Committee
- Senate Standing Committee on Defence.
- Senate Standing Committee on Interior & Narcotics Control.
- Senate Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs.
- Senate House Committee.
- Senate Finance Committee
- Executive Committee of the Senate Secretariat Employees Welfare Fund.
- Senate Business Advisory Committee.
- Special Committee on Devolution Process.
- Special Committee on Ethics.
- Senate Committee of the Whole, constituted on adoption of a motion moved by the Leader of the House.
- Council of Chairmen Senate Standing Committees.
- Special Committee on the Performance of PIA.
- Bipartisan Special Oversight Committee.
- Special Committee on Twenty Four Demands made by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Project Steering Committee.
- Convener: Pak-Bosnia & Herzegovina Parliamentary Friendship Group in Senate of Pakistan.
- Convener: Pak-Hungry Parliamentary Friendship Group in Senate of Pakistan.
- Convener: Sub-Committee of Senate Standing Committee on Interior & Narcotics Control.
Remained Chairman Senate Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure & Conduct of Business Privileges, 2006-2015.
He has visited following countries:
- Sri Lanka
His hobbies are debating, reading and traveling.
- Home Phone: +92 51 9221224, +92 21 4901290
- Mobile Phone: +92 321 2691790
- Fax: +92 51 9223975
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Address: J-111, Parliament Lodges, Islamabad
- Permanent Address: Alnajaf, 225 Street 8, Defence Officers Housing Society, Phase I, Malir Cantt. Karachi