Syed Mustafa Kamal Biography
Syed Mustafa Kamal age
Syed Mustafa Kamal party
Syed Mustafa Kamal Family
Syed Mustafa Kamal Biography
- Kamal is known as an important figure in the politics of Sindh. His importance increased after he came back to Pakistan and held a press conference against Altaf Hussain. He has served as the mayor of Karachi. It was considered one of the most prolific age of development in Sindh. He was lucky to be associated with MQM who gave them an environment to rise as a politician from slums. In 2013, he left Pakistan for Dubai due to unknown reasons.
- Before his departure, he was a senator but later gave his resignation. After 3 years, he came back to Pakistan and held a press conference against Altaf Hussain. It was said that his press conference broke the chains of fear in Karachi.
Mustafa Kamal AgeHe was born on 27 December, 1971 in Karachi. Currently, he is still living there.
Syed Kamal FamilyHe belongs to a Muhajir Family, who migrated to Pakistan after the partition. He was born to Anis Ahmad and Jamila Khatoon. Kamal has two children
Education of Mustafa KamalKamal studied in Malaysia and received an associate diploma in business. He also received a degree in Marketing from the University of Wales UK.
- He is one of those politicians who have got opportunities and cashed it on time. Lucky to be associated with MQM, a guy from the slums working as a telephone operator was never considered to be the mayor of Karachi, Senator and provincial minister, and later having his political party. Syed Mustafa was elected as a member of the provincial assembly in 2002 from PS-17 Karachi. In 2003, he became the IT minister of Sindh. He served this for two years from 2003 to 2005. It was his first experience as a minister and helped him groom politically.
- In 2005, He also became the Mayor of Karachi while part of the Haq Parast group that was supported by MQM. The credit of his success truly goes to MQM that promoted people from the middle class to the top level. Under his office, Karachi saw the developments that changed it completely. He truly turned the city into the city of lights; He served as the mayor for 5 years. In 2008 It was speculated that he was named as the second-best mayor in the world but later the news turned to be untrue. However, he won the World Mayor Prize in 2010. During his tenure, he formed Khidmat e Khalq foundation, and Parliamentary wing Haq Parast.
- In 2011, he was elected as a member of the senate. Just after two years in 2013, he left Pakistan mysteriously and resigned from his seat. It was reported that he left the party after having differences with Altaf Hussain. After leaving Pakistan, he joined the business of Malak Riaz
Press Conference Against Altaf Hussain
- In March 2016, Syed Mustafa Kamal suddenly announced his come back to Pakistan and immediately held a press conference against Altaf Husain. He accused him of having links with Raw and making terror in Karachi. He briefly talked about his experience with MQM and the terror activities that happened in Karachi. Along with this, he announced the establishment of a new party with Anees Qaim Khani, his friend.
- Analysts say his decisions helped the people come out of the fear circle made by Altaf Hussain and his gangs in Karachi. The party, Pak Sar Zameen Party started only with two people; Kamal and Anees but soon many members of MQM joined him including, Advocate Anees Khan, Dr. Sagheer Ahmad, Waseem Aftab, Raza Haroon and many more. Anees Qaim Khani was made the president of the Party, Raza Haroon the secretary-general and Ifthikhar Alam, the spokesperson.
- Despite the sudden rise to his party, he could not establish his party that could compete with the other political rivals. The party still hopes for a better future. In 2018 general elections, he contested from one national assembly and two provincial assemblies. However, he lost the election and could not secure even one seat.