Sohail Khan is a very talented player in the Pakistan cricket team. He is a right-arm fast bowler and can seam and swing the bowl. He is a talented bowler and has got plenty of variations in his bowling. Khan made his international debut in an ODI match on 30th January 2008 against Zimbabwe at Faisalabad, Pakistan, while his test debut came on 21st February 2009 against Sri Lanka at Karachi. This article has all the information about Khan, including Sohail Khan Biography.
|In Urdu:||سہیل خان|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Date:||6th March 1984|
|Place:||Malakand, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Siblings :||Murad Khan|
|Bowling Style:||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Test Debut:||21 February 2009 v Sri Lanka|
|ODI Debut:||30 January 2008 v Zimbabwe|
|Domestic team:||Karachi Dolphins and Karachi Kings,|
Sohail Khan Biography
Sohail has been famous for his swing bowling and variations. He played in 9 tests for Pakistan and took 27 wickets in 17 innings. While he played in 13 One Day Internationals and took 19 wickets. Sohail also appeared in 5 T20s and claimed five wickets at an economy rate of 8.20. He is not seen in the international circuit for three years. He played his last test on Dec 26-30 2016 against Australia and played his final ODI match against West Indies on 5th October 2016 while he appeared in the previous T20 on 13th September 2017 against World XI at Lahore.
Sohail date of Birth
Sohail was born on 6th March 1984 in Sakhakot Malakand division, KPK province of Pakistan. Currently, he resides in Karachi.
Sohail Khan Family
Sohail was born in an ordinary family. He is the brother of Murad Khan, who works as a local actor.
- Sohail was a tennis ballplayer when he first started playing cricket, and he used to swim in rivers from his childhood, which made his muscles grow well. Due to this reason, he became a fast bowler and seeing his abilities and interest in cricket, one of Sohail’s friends advised him to move to Karachi and play professional cricket. He followed his friend’s advice and shifted to Karachi, leaving his homeland Malakand.
- He started playing cricket at Karachi, and one day he went to a talent hunt contest held by former Pakistan bowler Sikandar Bakht. Sohail inspired Sikandar by his lethal pace and came in the top three bowlers in the competition. Then soon, Rashid Latif offered him to play for his side, which made his way to domestic cricket.
- Sohail made his domestic debut for SSGC in2007-08 Quaid e Azam trophy and went very well as he took a five-wicket haul in his first innings, giving away just 59 runs while in the second innings he took another fifer off 75 runs to cement his place in Domestic side. He made 16 wickets for 189 runs in the final of the season and broke the long-lasting domestic cricket bowling record of late cricketer Fazal Muhammad. Sohail was the highest wicket-taker of the tournament with 65 wickets at an impressive average of little above 18.
- He played for Sindh in limited-overs domestic season pentangular cup. He took four-wicket hauls in the very first match and then took two fifers one against Baluchistan XI and another one against Federal Areas XI. Sohail was declared player of the tournament with 23 wickets at an average of 16.69. This was an excellent achievement for a fast bowler getting this many wickets in his first two domestic seasons.
- He also played for United Bank Private Limited, Federal Areas, and KPK in different domestic tournaments. He performed exceptionally well for any team he played with. He took many wickets and scored some hand runs at crucial moments for his sides.
Sohail has played for Karachi Kings in PSL 2016 and 2017 season. He took 16 wickets in total during the 2017 PSL tournament held in UAE. Sohail was named the best bowler in that season of Pakistan Super League due to his best bowling performance.
- Khan made his ODI and Test debut against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, respectively. He played as bowling allrounder in the Pakistan team. He bowled well every time he played for Pakistan, but he was a little expensive at times as he used to look for wickets every time he bowled. After 2011 he left out of the team for a long time. When Moin Khan then chief selector announced 2015 Pakistan’s world cup squad, He was a surprise inclusion in the team and was selected ahead of Umar Gul and Sohail Tanvir due to his performance of 2014 domestic season.
- Khan proved his selection right by taking five-wicket hauls for 55 runs against India in the world cup. And was the second-highest wicket-taker for Pakistan in world cup 2015 at an average of 30.33. Khan was out of the team after that due to injury and came back against England. In that series, he took 13 wickets in 4 innings, and the end of the four-match series was drawn 2-2.
- Though Sohail might not play again for the Pakistan team, he has done very well for his side whenever he is given a chance.
- He is a fighter and hardworking cricketer, fights till the last bowl of the match. He gives his 100% effort every time he is on the ground. His bowling action is beautiful to watch, and his bowling skills are worth learning for younger fast bowlers. He is a tough character, and it is hoped that he gets a chance to represent the Pakistan team in the future as well and then retire with pride and honor like other great players.
Social Media Handles
His social media accounts include