The PML-N awarded its ticket to Malik Mumtaz Tamman, the cousin of Faiz Tamman. Malik Mumtaz used to be a staunch supporter of the PPP and contested several elections on the PPP ticket winning on several occasions. He has also served as the district office-bearer of the party.
|Name:||Sardar Mumtaz Khan|
|In Urdu:||سردار ممتاز خان|
|Nick Name :||Sardar Mumtaz|
|Famous As:||Tamman, Sardar Mumtaz Khan|
|Residence:||Village & PO Tamman Tehsil Talagang District Chakwal|
|Date:||26 May 1939|
|Parents:||Sardar Allah Yar Khan|
|Relatives:||Air Chief Marshal Nur Khan,Sardar Mumtaz Khan(former & present MNA NA-61), Muhammmad Hayat khan,Advocate Malik Taj Muhammad khan and Allama Nur Ul Hassan Khan|
|Serve As:||MEMBER OF PARLIMENT|
|Proceeded by:||Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi(PML-Q),Sardar Mansoor Hayat Tamman(PPP)Malik Muhammad Irfan Hussain(IND)|
|Time Period :||2008|
|Old Political Affiliations:||PPPP|
|Member of the National Assembly|
|Preceded by:||Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi(PML-Q),Sardar Mansoor Hayat Tamman(PPP)Malik Muhammad Irfan Hussain(IND)|
|Assumed office:||1 June 2013|
|Ministry :||Member of Parliament|
|Role:||Member of Parliament|
|Dates:||1 June 2013|
|Prime Minister:||Nawaz Sharif(currently),Yousaf Raza Gillani|
|Preceded By:||Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi(PML-Q),Sardar Mansoor Hayat Tamman(PPP)Malik Muhammad Irfan Hussain(IND)|
|Succeeded By:||SARDAR ALLAYAR KHAN|
- Besides Mumtaz Tamman and Hayat Tamman, eight other candidates are also contesting the elections. These include Raja Naseeb Khan, Muhammad Ayub, Pathan Khan, Malik Akhtar Hussain, Yar Muhammad, Yasir Malik, Ali Khan Awan and a female candidate Maqsood Begum.
- Earlier, PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif had awarded ticket to a party
- worker, Malik Kabir, but changed the candidate after reviewing the situation in the constituency.
Political History of Tamman
Malik Mansoor Hayat Tamman, who always contested the election on the PML-N ticket, is an independent candidate. According to officials, Hayat is being backed by the PPP but the party has not issued him an official ticket thereby honouring the ‘Charter of Democracy’ that bars a party from fielding a candidate on a seat where the other party candidate has won. Mansoor Hayat has also not been allowed to use the PPP party symbol of the arrow.
PML_Q Member Joining The PML_N
- Mr Taman said despite using the government machinery and resources, the former CM would face a historical defeat in the upcoming general elections as he had decided to contest from NA- 61 against the wishes of the people.
- Claiming that his family has political influence in Chakwal district and full support of Majid Malik, Mr Tamman expressed the confidence that candidates fielded by Pakistan People’s Party for National and provincial assembly seats would surely win the elections. Sardar Maqsood Hayat Tamman, former chairman of the Chakwal District Council and brother of Mansoor Hayat Tamman, was also present on the occasion.
- Senator Safdar Abbasi welcomed Hayat Tamman’s decision and hoped it would help increase the party’s vote bank in the area.
- Senator Abbasi said PPP would invite all the like-minded parties to build a consensus on benchmark for free and fair elections.
- “Charter of demands is in fact a benchmark for free and fair elections and it mainly focuses on empowerment of people through transparent polls,” he said.
- PPP-led Alliance for Restoration of Democracy (ARD) had held talks with the All Parties Democratic Movement (APDM) to draw a Charter of Demands for free and fair elections. Both the sides had agreed on 13 out of the 15 points of the charter except for two including reinstatement of former judges
Election 2013 Current Situation
- Sardar Mumtaz Khan is a Pakistani politician, and parliamentarian. He was elected a member of national assembly on a ticket of Pakistan Muslim League (N) from NA-61 (Chakwal) in Pakistani general election, 2013.
- General elections were held on 11 May 2013. Sardar Mumtaz Khan of PML-N won by 114,282 votes by defeating Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and became the member of National Assembly.