Faryal Talpur is a Pakistani politician and is the sister of former president Asif Ali Zardari. Most of her fame stands on this relation. She has remained the guardian of the children of Asif Ali Zardari. Once it was reported that she was a strong candidate for the seat of president. This article has all the information about Faryal, including Faryal Talpur Biography and Faryal Talpur Family.
|26th April 1958
|Hakim Ali Zardari
|Asif Ali Zardari and Azra peechoho
|Benazir Bhutto (sister-in-law) , Bilawal Ali Zardari (Nephew)
|Pakistan Peoples Party
|Time Period :
|2018 – present
|Old Political Affiliations:
|Pakistan Peoples Party
|Member of the National Assembly
|1st June 2013 – 31st May 2018
|Member of the provincial Assembly
|20th August 2018
Table of Contents
Faryal Talpur Biography
Talpur has been elected as a member of the National Assembly two times. She has also served twice as a Mayor of Nawab shah. After the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, she was the guardian of Bilawal, Asifa and Bakhtawar. She also looked after their property in Larkana. The supporters of the party might miss her from the screen but she has an important role in the party. Faryal is the president of the women wing of Pakistan people’s Party. Along with her brother Asif Ali Zardari, she is facing a case of money laundering in the NAB
Faryal date of Birth
She is born on 26th April, 1958 in Larkana. Currently, Talpur is the resident of same city.
Faryal Talpur Family
Faryal was born to Hakim Ali Zardari. She is the sister of Asif Ali Zardari who remained the president of Pakistan and Azra peechoho. She is the sister-in-law of Benazir Bhutto. She is married to Mir Munawar Ali.
Education of Faryal
She is said to have a Master’s degree but the news was reported that her degree was fake. It turned out only speculations. The party called it a media trial and requested to stop it.
- Faryal is probably one of the most underestimated politicians in Pakistan. It might be due to the presence of the heavyweight politicians in the family that blurs her political image. Her political career started in 1997 when she contested the election for the first time. She contested the election on the ticket of PPP from NA-160. Her career could not start well and she lost the election to the candidate of Pakistan Muslim League.
- She continued her political career and contested the Local Body Election in 2001 and became the Mayor of Nawab Shah. In 2005, she was re-elected as the Mayor. Her tenure lasted till 2009. In the general elections of 2008, she was the Mayor of Nawab Shah. That was the reason that she was not given the ticket in the election. When her tenure ended, she was given the ticket for the National Assembly in the by-election. She contested from NA-207. It was the constituency where the election was postponed due to the assassination of Benazir Bhutto. The seat from the same constituency was won again in 2013 general elections.
- In 2018, Faryal contested the election for the Provincial Assembly from PS-10 Larkana and won it. She is a member of the Public Accounts Committee, Standing Committee on Energy and Standing Committee on Works and Services. She is also the Chairperson on Standing Committee on Home. In 2009, Wiki Leaks reported that she was the strongest candidate for the seat of president. It was said that Asif Ali Zardari had instructed his son, Bilawal, who is the Chairman of the party that in case of his assassination, appoint Faryal as the president. It was also leaked that the then Army Chief, General Kiyani said she would be better President than Zardari.
Money Laundering Case
- The information about the fake accounts came fore when an intelligence agency picked a money changer in a different case. After the investigation at the start, it was found that billions of rupees were transacted through certain bank accounts. A formal inquiry started in January 2018. The FIA discovered the links of high profile names but could not arrest anyone due to mainly political reasons.
- The Supreme Court issued the Sou Motu notice and a few people close to Zardari were arrested. A JIT was formed to have a quick investigation. In the JIT report investigated to find the beneficiaries of the heavy transactions. They found the links to Zardari and Faryal Talpur.
- On 14 July, 2019, Faryal was arrested in Money Laundering Case by NAB. The Chairman of NAB, Javed Iqbal issued a notice and notified her house as a sub-jail. Islamabad High Court rejected her pre-bail arrest. Zardari was also arrested from his residence in Islamabad. In the investigation it was found that the money that was transferred to Zardari’s account from a fake account was later withdrawn by a cheque that was signed by Faryal Talpur.
- She later applied for her bail where she stated that she had a differently-abled son who needed special care. She was granted bail on December 17, 2019. The party accused the government of targeting its leaders for the sake of political revenge. As the accountability was the main agenda of PTI, PPP accused Imran Khan of pleasing his voters by putting the PPP leadership in Jail
Social Media Accounts
His social media accounts include