Rehman Malik is the famous Pakistani Politician and retired Bureaucrat. Rehman Malik worked as an Interior Minister of Pakistan from March 2008-2013. He was born in Sialkot, Pakistan. Rehman Malik was the Chief of Security of Benazir Bhutto. As an immigration agent, Rehman Malik joined the National Alien Registration Authority in 1973. Rehman Malik received Nishan-e-Imtiaz (2012).
|In Urdu:||رحمان ملک|
|Famous As:||Pakistani Politician and Retired Bureaucrat|
|Education:||Ph.D. (Honorary), University of Karachi (2012),|
|Awards :||Nishan-e-Imtiaz (2012)|
|Date:||12 December 1951|
|Children:||Ali Malik, Omar Malik|
|Political Party:||Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)|
|Role:||Director General of the Federal Investigation Agency|
|Dates:||23 October 1993 – 10 November 1998|
|Preceded By:||G. Moinuddin|
|Succeeded By:||Iftikhar Ahmad Khan|
|In Office 2|
|Role:||Interior Minister of Pakistan|
|Dates:||25 March 2008 – 16 March 2013|
|President:||Asif Zardari Pervez Musharraf|
|Prime Minister:||Yousaf Gillani Pervez Ashraf|
|Preceded By:||Hamid Nawaz-Khan|
|Succeeded By:||Malik Habib|
|Vice PM :||Pervez Illahi|
Rehman Malik born 12 December 1951 he is a Pakistani politician and Intelligence officer, former member of the Senate of Pakistan, and the former Interior Minister of Pakistan under the Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani administration.
Rehman Malik affiliated with the progressive Pakistan Peoples Party, this diplomat and government administrator served as Interior Minister of Pakistan from 2008-2013. Earlier in his career, he had held the position of Director of the Pakistani Federal Investigation Agency.
- Ph.D. (Honorary), University of Karachi (2012)
- M.Sc. (Statistics), With Distinction, University of Karachi (1973)
- Fellowship – International Migration, University of Philippines
Following his 1973 Statistics Department graduation from Karachi University, he worked for a time for the Pakistani National Alien Registration Authority before becoming a special agent with the FIA (Federal Investigation Agency).
Federal Investigation Agency Career FIA
Rehman Malik began his career as an immigration officer and became the top-man in the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in the mid 90’s.During 26 years of active service as an officer of the FIA, he has held the post of Additional Director General of the FIA besides heading various regional offices of the department such as Crime Zone Peshawar, Immigration, Interpol and National Security Cell. He has been associated with anti-terrorism and anti-money launching operations of the FIA which have earned him recognition by the international law enforcement community. He was bestowed with the Sitara-e-Shujaat in 1995.
Director General of the FIA
Benazir Bhutto appointed Rehman Malik as the additional director-general of the FIA which then launched a secret war against the Islamist elements in Pakistan, which amounted to a direct attack on the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
He is a senior member of the Central Executive Committee of PPP and had worked for decades with Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto and assisted her as political advisor besides assisting her in various political meetings both abroad and at home. He attended all political parties of SAARC meeting in Bangkok, Thailand in 2004 which was chaired by Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto as PPP chairperson.
All Political Parties
He attended all political parties of SAARC meeting in Bangkok, Thailand in 2004 which was chaired by Shaheed Mohtrama Benazir Bhutto as PPP chairperson.He represented PPP on behalf of Shaheed Mohtrama Benazir Bhutto in various political seminars and head of states world wide.
Served as the longest serving Federal Minister for Interior in the history of Pakistan. As Minister for Interior, supervised Interior Division and Narcotics Control Division, including:
- Pakistan Rangers, Punjab
- Frontier Corps, Balochistan.
- Anti-Narcotics Force. (ANF)
- National Police Academy.
- National Police Foundation.
- National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
- National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA)
- Directorate General of Civil Defence
- National Response Centre for Cyber Crimes (NRC)
- Pakistan Rangers, Sindh.
- Northern Light Infantry, Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Pakistan Coast Guard.
- Islamabad Capital Territory Police.
- National Aliens Registration Authority (NARA).
- National Forensic Science Agency (NFSA)
- National Police Bureau (NPB)
- Pakistan Immigration Control -Frontier Corps, KPK
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
- FIA Academy of Pakistan
- Islamabad Capital Territory Administration.
- Directorate General of Immigration & Passports.
- National Academy for Prisons Administration.
- National Crisis Management Cell (NCMC)
Member of the NCA concerned with Civil and Public Affairs
Contributions As Interior Minister
- Leader of Pak delegation to SAARC for five consecutive Annual Sessions.
- Leader of Pak delegation to India on bilateral issues.
- Also functioned as Special Envoy of the President of Pakistan, to Iran, Saudi Arabia and Middle East, met various head of states and distinguished leaders, for conveying messages from President of Pakistan to strengthen cooperation and bonds of friendly relations. Played an active role in countering terrorism in Middle East and Iran.
- Key Note speaker for Interpol General Assembly Annual Sessions held at Singapore.
- Observer for The Election of Secretary General of ICPO/Interpol.
- Leader of Pak delegation on Security, to USA, UK, Italy, and Singapore
- Keynote Speaker at International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), UK.
- Keynote Speaker PAF Command and Staff College, Karachi.
- Keynote Speaker at International Conference on Inter-Faith Harmony, Islamabad.
- Keynote Speaker in National Defence University (NDU) Pakistan on subjects of Terrorism and national Security.
Civil Service Career
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Pakistan – 1996.
- Addl. Director General (FIA, HQs, Islamabad)
- Director (Immigration & Anti-Smuggling)
- Director (Crimes, FIA Peshawar Region)
- Director (FIA Headquarters, Islamabad)
- Ministry of Interior Islamabad Pakistan 1989
- Deputy Secretary / Chairman (National Security / Pakistan Sensitive Installations)
- Emigration Bureau Islamabd 1988
- Director (Operations) &Director (Co-Ordination/Administration)
- National Center Bureau, FIA/Interpol, Pakistan – 1987
- Deputy Director, (Crime) & In-charge of NCB/Interpol.
- Deputy Director, Assistant Director and Protector of Emigrants, Bureau of Emigration – 1975 – 1986
- JUNIOR LECTURER, Department of Statistics, University of Karachi. – 1974
Recipient of Sitara-i-Shujaat for his brave performances in FIA.
Recipient of highest civil award, Nishan-e-Imtiaz medal from the President of Pakistan – 2012.
- Mobile Number: +92 332 5559393, +92 335 5090334
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Local Address: Islamabad.
- Permanent Address: Clifton, Karachi.