Rehman Malik Smiling
Rehman Malik Pakistani Politician and Retired Bureaucrat
Rehman Malik with Qaim Ali Shah And Infront of Media
Rehman Malik and Mushaal Hussain Malik Joint Press Conference
Rehman Malik, Former President Asif Ali Zardari and MNA Faryal Talpur Together While Prayer
- Ph.D. (Honorary), University of Karachi (2012)
- M.Sc. (Statistics), With Distinction, University of Karachi (1973)
- Fellowship - International Migration, University of Philippines
Federal Investigation Agency Career FIA
Director General of the FIABenazir Bhutto appointed Rehman Malik as the additional director-general of the FIA which then launched a secret war against the Islamist elements in Pakistan, which amounted to a direct attack on the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
All Political PartiesHe attended all political parties of SAARC meeting in Bangkok, Thailand in 2004 which was chaired by Shaheed Mohtrama Benazir Bhutto as PPP chairperson.He represented PPP on behalf of Shaheed Mohtrama Benazir Bhutto in various political seminars and head of states world wide.
Command StructureServed as the longest serving Federal Minister for Interior in the history of Pakistan. As Minister for Interior, supervised Interior Division and Narcotics Control Division, including:
- Pakistan Rangers, Punjab
- Frontier Corps, Balochistan.
- Anti-Narcotics Force. (ANF)
- National Police Academy.
- National Police Foundation.
- National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
- National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA)
- Directorate General of Civil Defence
- National Response Centre for Cyber Crimes (NRC)
- Pakistan Rangers, Sindh.
- Northern Light Infantry, Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Pakistan Coast Guard.
- Islamabad Capital Territory Police.
- National Aliens Registration Authority (NARA).
- National Forensic Science Agency (NFSA)
- National Police Bureau (NPB)
- Pakistan Immigration Control -Frontier Corps, KPK
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
- FIA Academy of Pakistan
- Islamabad Capital Territory Administration.
- Directorate General of Immigration & Passports.
- National Academy for Prisons Administration.
- National Crisis Management Cell (NCMC)
Contributions As Interior Minister
- Leader of Pak delegation to SAARC for five consecutive Annual Sessions.
- Leader of Pak delegation to India on bilateral issues.
- Also functioned as Special Envoy of the President of Pakistan, to Iran, Saudi Arabia and Middle East, met various head of states and distinguished leaders, for conveying messages from President of Pakistan to strengthen cooperation and bonds of friendly relations. Played an active role in countering terrorism in Middle East and Iran.
- Key Note speaker for Interpol General Assembly Annual Sessions held at Singapore.
- Observer for The Election of Secretary General of ICPO/Interpol.
- Leader of Pak delegation on Security, to USA, UK, Italy, and Singapore
- Keynote Speaker at International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), UK.
- Keynote Speaker PAF Command and Staff College, Karachi.
- Keynote Speaker at International Conference on Inter-Faith Harmony, Islamabad.
- Keynote Speaker in National Defence University (NDU) Pakistan on subjects of Terrorism and national Security.
Civil Service Career
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Pakistan - 1996.
- Addl. Director General (FIA, HQs, Islamabad)
- Director (Immigration & Anti-Smuggling)
- Director (Crimes, FIA Peshawar Region)
- Director (FIA Headquarters, Islamabad)
- Ministry of Interior Islamabad Pakistan 1989
- Deputy Secretary / Chairman (National Security / Pakistan Sensitive Installations)
- Emigration Bureau Islamabd 1988
- Director (Operations) &Director (Co-Ordination/Administration)
- National Center Bureau, FIA/Interpol, Pakistan - 1987
- Deputy Director, (Crime) & In-charge of NCB/Interpol.
- Deputy Director, Assistant Director and Protector of Emigrants, Bureau of Emigration - 1975 - 1986
- JUNIOR LECTURER, Department of Statistics, University of Karachi. - 1974
- Mobile Number: +92 332 5559393, +92 335 5090334
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Address: Islamabad.
- Permanent Address: Clifton, Karachi.