Dr. Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui is an eminent person in the field of higher education management in Pakistan and at present serving as Vice Chancellor Ziauddin University, Karachi, Pakistan.Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui is a noted Pakistani scholar, Urdu poet scientist and educationist.
|Ful Name:||Dr Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui|
|In Urdu:||پیرزادہ قاسم رضا صدیقی|
|Famous As:||Scholar, Urdu Poet|
|Serving as:||Vice Chancellor Ziauddin University Karachi Pakistan|
|Served as:||Vice-Chancellor at the Federal Urdu University, University of Karachi and Ziauddin University|
|Known for :||Intellectual and work in Urdu|
|Scientific Career Field:||Neuroscience|
|Institutions:||Nazeer Hussain University, Karachi University, Ziauddin University, Federal Urdu University of Arts, Sciences & Technology laboratories of Lord Walton of Detachant|
|Date:||8 February 1943|
Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui has been Vice-Chancellor at University of Karachi since January 6, 2008. Prof. Dr. Siddiqui has 37 years of Professional Experience in teaching, research and educational management. He served as Vice-Chancellor at Federal Urdu University of Arts, Sciences & Technology; Acting Vice-Chancellor at University of Karachi; Pro Vice-Chancellor at University of Karachi; Registrar at University of Karachi; Head of the Department of Physiology at University of Karachi; and Director of Students’ Affairs at University of Karachi. Prof. Dr. Siddiqui also Positions held in various Academic Institutions: Member Board of Secondary Education, Karachi; Member Board of lntermediate Education, Karachi; Member Board of Governors Karachi Medical and Dental College; Member Board of Governors Former Federal Government Urdu Arts College; and Co- Trustee Fatima Jinnah Dental College. Prof.
Family and Education
Pirzada was born in a learned family of Delhi,India then British Raj. He earned his B.Sc. (Hons) and M.Sc. from Karachi University, Pakistan; PhD from University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England from the Faculty of Medicine in 1978; Certificate of Professional Development from AIT, Bangkok, Thailand and a Certificate of Higher Education Leadership from the Leadership Foundation of Higher Education, UK.
He served in the capacity of Vice Chancellor in public/private sector Universities of Pakistan for 16 years. Besides being the Vice Chancellor of University of Karachi for 8 years, he was the founding Vice Chancellor of Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology, Pakistan.
Dr. Pirzada Qasim (Pen Name) occupies a very prominent place in the contemporary Urdu poets of Pakistan.Poetry work(“Tunnd Hawa Kay Jashn Men” & “Shola Pay Zubaan”) of Prof. Dr. Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui (The Man of Literature). This page is created & administered by a die heart fan of a great poet.
He started to write literary work from young age.In 1956,he wrote an article for the school writing competition and he won the gold medal.He has written many articles on different topics.Many poets and authors have written articles on his literary work,in which he has been praised.
List of Publications
- Free amino acids in blood, liver and muscle of Uromastix hardwickii. Pak. J. Biochem. 1 (1-2): 1-4 (1968).
- Synthesis of some immunosuppressive agents. J. Sci. 2 (1): 131-134 (1973).
- Histamine and its antagonists. I. Some stearic and pharmacodynamic consideration. J. Sci. 2(2): 249-258 (1973)
- Some azaindoles and related derivatives of potential biological interest. 11th Ann. Med. Symp., J.P.M.C., Karachi Abs. p-29 (1973)
- Changes in some of the properties of muscle membrane produced by chronic denervation in rat diaphragm. 11th Ann. Med. Symp., J.P.M.C., Karachi, Abs. p30.
- Studies on erythrocytes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. 7th Symposium on Current Research in Muscular Dystrophy, Birmingham. Abs. 4 (1977). Foreign (International)
- Effect of ouabain upon erythrocyte membrane adenosine triphosphatase in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci. 34: 365-372 (1977). Foreign (International)
- Erythrocytes in Duchenne Muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 29 (7): 144-150 (1979).
- Temperature dependent contractile properties of normal and denervated skeletal muscles. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 16-32 (1979).
- Effect of temperature on the duration of active state in normal and denervated skeletal muscle. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 33-40 (1979).
- Studies on autohemolysis in human erythrocytes. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 41-49 (1979).
- The effect of preincubation on adenosine triphosphatase activity of human erythrocyte membranes. Nat. Sci. 1(2): 105-110.
- Studies on the duration of parental immunity in chicks. Nat. Sci. 1(2): 102-104 (1979).
- An evaluation of some carrier detection techniques in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci. 43: 377-394 (1979). Foreign (International)
- The effect of dexamethasone on the growth of gamma irradiated tadpoles. Acta Anatomica 105: 134-139 (1979). Foreign (International)
- Levels of liver glycogen during normal and radiation induced metamorphosis in Rana Cyanophlyctus. Acta. Anatomica. 105: 338-343 (1979). Foreign (International)
- Thermostability of the lentogenic strains of Newcastle disease virus. Nat. Sci. 1(3): 137-142.
- Gamma rays as stressor of tadpole growth. Radiobiol. Radiother. 20: 661-670 (1979). Foreign (International)
- The effect of Dexamethasone and vitamin A on the growth and metamorphosis of gamma-irradiated thyroxine induced Bufo melanosticutus tadpoles. Radiobiol. Raditother. 21: 156-161 (1980) Foreign (International)
- On the effects of Amygdalin (Vitamin B-17) in Cancer Evaluation in rats administered Dimethylnitrosamine. Nat. Sci. 3(2): 33-39.
- Cancer risk in Pakistan: Environmental mycotoxin and prevention of exposure. Nat. Sci., 3: 96-97 (1981).
- Electrocardiographic studies in the patients of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 34(5): 117-121 (1984).
- Osmotic fragility of erythrocytes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 34(5): 127-134.
- Myoglobinuria in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 23: 95-99 (1984).
- Binding of Cardiac Glycoside Ouabain to Dystrophic Erythrocyte Membranes. Pak. J. Pharmacol. 2: 37-42 (1985).
- Relative vapour pressure lowering in the skeletal muscles of different animals and in the denervated and tenotomized muscles of uromastix. J. Pharm. Univ. Kar., 42(2): 119-122 (1986).
- Semen Analysis in insulin dependent/ non insulin dependent diabetic men with/ without Neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 47-54 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Serum and Urinary levels of pituitary-gonadal hormones in insulin dependent and non insulin dependent diabetic males with and without neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 117-123 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Comparative studies of the induction of Erectile response to film and fantasy in diabetic men with and without neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 137-145 (1993). Foreign (International).
- Conduction velocity of the dorsal nerve of penis and penile brachial index in insulin dependent/ non insulin dependent diabetic men with/ without neuropathy. Arch. STD/HIV Res. 7(2): 105-114 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Diabetic neuropathies in males, circadian variation in pituitary gonadal hormonal release. Pak. J. Pharmacol, 11(1), 19-27 (1994).
- Estimation of nor adrenalne content of human penile tissue in diabetic men with/without neuropathy. Pak. J. Pharaceu. Sci. 7(2): 35-44 (1994).
- Eretle impotence in Insulin dependent (IDDM) and non-insulin dependent (NIDDM) diabetic men with/without neuropathy. Arc. STD/HIC Res. 7(2): 97-103 (1993). Foreign (International).
List of Poems
- Khun Se Jab Jala Diya Ek Diya Bujha Hua
- Ek Se Silsile Hain Sab Hijr Ki Rut Bata
- Ik Saza Aur Asiron Ko Suna Di Jaye
- Tumhen Jafa Se Na Yun Baz Ana Chahiye
- Ham Se Bahal Rahe Hain Ap Ap Bahut Ajib
- Bedili Se Hansne Ko Khushdili Na Samjha