BirthMohammad Ali was born into a religious family in Rampur, British India on November 10, 1938. His father, Maulana Syed Murshid Ali was an Islamic scholar. Mohammad Ali was the youngest of two brothers and two sisters. The family moved from Rampur to Rohtak after his birth, and then migrated to Hyderabad and then to Multan soon after the independence of Pakistan.
EducationHe passed Matriculation from Millat High School, Mirza Musarat Baig and Syed Nasir Ahmed (Babo sb)had his teachers in Millat High school. He had many friends in Multan( Syed Iqbal Shah , Khalid Mahmood Bukhari EX MPA), Multan in 1954 and moved back to Hyderabad. He continued his study in this city and passed B.A. from City College, Hyderabad.
Political activityMohammad Ali had close relations with different political regimes in the country and carried out number of social works under their patronage. He protested by putting up black dress in International Moscow film festival against India for holding 93000 POW after 1971 war. He also served as Cultural Minister in Nawaz Sharif government and setup new policies for Film Industry.
Awards and recognition
- Nigar awards for best supporting actor in 1964 Khamosh Raho
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1965 for Kaneez
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1966 for Aag ka darya
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1968 for Saiqa
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1970 for Insaan Aur Aadmi
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1971 for Wehshi
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1973 for Aas
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1974 for Aaina Aur Soorat
- Nigar awards for best actor awards in 1978 for Haidar Ali
- Super Performance Nigar award in 1984 for Doorian and Bobby
- He is the only actor who won most awards as Best Actor in the 1960s and 1970s.
- In 1984, he received the Pride of Performance Award which is the third highest civilian award in Pakistan from former president Zia ul Haq in recognition of his lifelong services to the entertainment industry of Pakistan.
- Later, he was also honoured with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, the second highest civilian award in Pakistan.
- He got many honours and special awards like;
- the Millennium Legend Star Graduate Award in 2000
- Ilyas Rasheedi Gold medal 1998
- Nigar Lifetime Achievement Award 1998
- Nigar Millennium Award 2000
- Lifetime Excellency Award 1997
- Pakistan Best Personality Award 1997
- He received Bolan Awards, Screen Light Awards, National Academy Awards, Critics Award, Cultural Award from Punjab University and an Asian Academy Award.
- He received the first foreign award Al-Nasr Award in Dubai 1984.
- He was also awarded the Naushad Award of India
Personal Quote"The atmosphere in which I was accustomed to work for films and the way films were made have entirely changed, hence I called it quits." said Muhammad Ali. He was very generous and warm towards his fans. One of the best Pashto poets Zahir Shah Zahir has dedicated all his poetry to Mohammad Ali which includes more than ten books. The poet used to visit his house and have long discussions about the social welfare of people and Pakistani society.
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.