Meesha Shafi is a strong Pakistani actress, singer, and model who is a daughter of legendary Saba Hameed and sister of actor Faris Shafi. She accused Ali Zafar of harassing her multiple times in 2018 while their case is still on. She has likewise worked in Hollywood and Bollywood. This article has all the information about her, including Meesha Shafi Biography, Meesha Shafi Family, and Meesha Shafi Dramas.
|In Urdu:||میشا شفیع|
|Residence:||Lahore and Toronto|
|Alma Mater:||National college of Arts|
|Profession:||Singer, Actress, Model|
|Debut Movie:||The Reluctant Fundamentalist|
|Debut Drama:||Muhabbat Khawab Ki Soorat|
|Height:||5 ft 7 inches|
|Awards :||Pride of Performance|
|Date:||1 December 1981|
|Place:||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Children:||Janevi Mehmood and Kazimir Mehmood|
|Parents:||Syed Pervaiz Shafi (Father) and Saba Hameed|
|Siblings :||Faris Shafi and Ali Abbas (Brothers)|
|Relatives:||Hameed Akhtar (Grandfather)|
Table of Contents
Meesha Shafi Biography
Meesha is a vibrant, bold, and fierce Pakistani singer, model, and actress. She born into a respectable and highly recognized family, yet she has marked her name in the Showbiz Industry and has earned acknowledgment with her talent and hard work. She can be called a fashionista because of her unique dressing sense. Meesha has also worked in Lollywood in the film from where she gathered appreciation and affection.
Meesha date of birth
She was born on 1st December 1981 in Lahore, where she spent all her life. Currently, she has moved abroad with her family and is living in Toronto.
Education of Meesha
After completing her A levels from the Lahore Grammar School, she went to the National College of Arts, Lahore, from where she acquired the degree of Bachelor.
Meesha Shafi Family
She was born to Syed Pervaiz Shafi, who is not attached to Showbiz and Saba Hameed, who is one of the versatile and elegant actresses of the Showbiz. Her brother Fars Shafi is also a part of this industry and work as an actor. Her parent’s marriage didn’t last for long, and both separated their ways. Her mother, Saba, got married to Waseem Abbas from whom she has a son Ali Abbas. Ali is also a well known Pakistani actor and model. Her grandfather Hameed Akhtar was a famous writer and columnist. She got married to Mahmood Rahman, who is likewise associated with music and work as a guitarist.
Meesha Ali Case
In 2018 Meesha Shafi accused top Pakistani singer and actor Ali Zafar during the Mee Too waved for harassing her multiple times. The case went to the court where Ali Zafar declared innocent. The court expelled her case on specialized grounds, referring to she was not a worker and not secured by the workplace harassment act.
As an actress
- She made her small screen debut in 2006 in the drama serial ‘Mohabbat Khuwab Ki Sorat’, where she did a supporting character. Next year she saw in another drama serial of GEO Tv ‘Yeh Zindagi To Woh Nahi’. After many years she returned to the small screen in 2016. She did a character of Farukh Zad in drama serial ‘Mor Mahal’ opposite Umair Jaswal, Hina Khawaja Bayat, Fiza Ali, and Zahid Ahmad.
- In 2012 she made her film debut in Hollywood in a small role alongside Kate Hudson and Riz Ahmed. The film ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’ based on a novel, but it failed to impress the audience at the box office. In 2013 she gave her Bollywood debut in an Indian film ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ starring Sonam Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, and Divya Datta. The film that earned her huge fame was ‘Waar’ that became one of the successful movies of all time. She also bagged the best-supporting actress award for that film.
As a Singer
She made her singing debut with the band ‘Overload’ along with her husband, but they parted their ways with the band after a short time. Her song Alif Allah ‘Jugni’ along with Arif Lohar in Coke Studio made a super hit song of that season. She remained the part of the Coke Studio for 3 or 4 seasons and also gave her voice to the few Pakistani OSTs including, ‘Mor Mahal’. In 2013 she became a judge of a music reality show along with Ali Azmat.
Meesha Shafi Dramas
- Mohabbat Khuwab Ki Soorat
- Yeh Zindagi To Woh Nahi
- Mor Mahal
Meesha Shafi Movies
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist – Hollywood
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag – Bollywood
- Waar – Lollywood
- The Tournament of Shadows – Hollywood
List of CokeStudio Songs
- Chori Chori
- Alif Allah
- Ishq Aap Bhi Awalla
- Dasht e Tanhai
- Sun Vai Ballori
- Aa Rah e Haq Kai Shaheedo
- Bholay Bhalay
- Aya Lariye
Social Media Handles
The social media accounts of Meesha include