Masood Rana was a renowned singer in the Pakistani film industry who sang more than a thousand songs for films from the early 1960s to the late 1980s. Most of his songs became very popular. He also sang many national songs and other songs for television that will always be sung and hummed. He is the only Pakistani Male Singer who has sung for over 500 Urdu and Punjabi language films. Apart from Mehdi Hassan and Masood Rana, there is no other singer in Pakistan who has sung in both Urdu and Punjabi. This article has all the information about Rana, including Masood Rana Biography and Masood Rana Songs.
|5 Fit 10 Inch
|7th August 1941
|Chodhary Ali Ahmad
|4th October 1995
Table of Contents
Masood Rana Biography
Many singers have played their role in the success of playback singing in Pakistani films, including Mehdi Hassan, Ahmed Rushdi, Inayat Hussain Bhatti, Mujeeb Alam, A Nayyar, and Akhlaq Ahmed. But this list cannot be complete without Masood Rana, who was called Muhammad Rafi of Pakistan. One of the great virtues of Rana is that he sang in Urdu and Punjabi with equal skill. This singer, with a unique accent, also recorded difficult style songs that still captivate listeners today. He was a very content and devout man. Despite earning massive fame in his musical career, he didn’t buy a house for him.
Masood date of Birth
He was born on August 7, 1941, in Mirpur Khas, Sindh.
Masood Rana Family
He belonged to a landlord family of Jalandhar, East Punjab, who migrated to Pakistan.
He started singing on the radio and in 1955 formed a music group in Karachi, which included virtuoso singers Akhlaq Ahmed and Nadeem Baig. In the film industry, actor Saqi introduced him to producer and director Shehzad Iqbal, and he sang his 1st song for the film ‘Inqilab,’ but he got his real fame from the movie ‘Banjaran.’
Masood sang hundreds of lovely and heart-touching evergreen songs. Still, his best Urdu songs in films include, ‘Tm He Ho Mehboob Meray Mein Kyun Na Tmhe Payaar Krun ‘(film Aaina), ‘Kia Kahon Aye Dunyaa Walon Kia Hun Mein,’ (Hum Rahi), ‘Koi Saath Day Kay Na Saath Day, Ye Safar Akelay He Kaat Ley,’ (Bad Naam), ‘Tere Yaad Aa Gae Gham Khushi Mein Dhal Gae,’ (Chaand Aur Chandani), ‘Jhum Ae Dil Wo Mera Jaan E Bahaar Aye Ga,'(Dil Mera Dharkan Tere), ‘Tera Bina Yun Ghariyaan Beetein Jese Sadiyaan Beet Gain,’ (Aanso) and many more.
He immortalized himself forever by singing songs like ‘Tange Wala Khair Mangda,’ ‘Sajnaan Ne Bohe Aage Chick Tan Lei,’ ‘Yaran Naal Biharan Sajnaan,’ ‘Soch Ke Yaar Banavin Bandiya,’ ‘Dil Diyaan Lagyaan Janay Na,’ ‘Ya Apna Kisay Nun Kar Lay Yaa Aap Kisi Daa Ho Weliya,’ ‘Sajnoo O Nagri Data Di Aaye He,’ and ‘Yar Mangya Si Raba Tithon Ro Kehri Ke Khudai Mang Lei.’
Masood Rana sang the national anthem on TV, ‘Millat Kaa Paasban Hai Muhammad Ali Jinnah,’ has become immortal. Apart from this, in the movie ‘Mujahid,’ ‘Jaag Uthaa Hai Sara Watan,’ and in ‘Aag Kaa Daryaa,’ ‘Aye Watan Ham Hein Tere Shamaa Kay Parwaano Mein’ is also among the top-rated national songs.
Many naats became very popular in his voice, including ‘Karam Ke Ik Nazar Hm Par Khudara Ya Rasool Allah,’ (film Hum Rahi), ‘Wo Nabiyoon Mein Rehmat Laqab Paanay Wala,’ (Tasveer), ‘Madinay Walay Say Mera Salam Keh Dena'(film Bhaiyaa).
As An Actor
He was no less than a traditional movie hero in appearance and also played the role of a hero in two films. One of them was an Urdu film called ‘Shahi Faqir,’ and the other was a Punjabi film ‘Doomtiyaran.’ He appeared as a guest actor in some films, including ‘Sangdil,’ ‘Khushiyaa,’ ‘Aj De Gal,’ ‘Dostana,’ ‘Nokar Wohtii Daa,’ and ‘Do Rangelaay.’
Masood Rana Death
Masood Rana passed away on October 4, 1995, due to a heart ailment.
Masood Rana Songs
List of Urdu Songs
- Tm He Hoo Mehboob Mery, Mein kyuun Naa Tmhain Payaar Krun
- Koi Sath Dey Kay Naa Sath Dey, Ye Safar Akelay He Kat Ley
- Tere Yad Aa Gae, Ghum Khushe Main Dhal Gaey
- Jhoom Aey dil Wo Meraa Jaan-e-Bahaar Aey Gaa
- Meraa Khyaal Hoo Tm Mere Arzoo Tm Hoo
- Mera Mehbob aa Gayaa, Man Mera Lehraa Gya
- Tere Biina Yuun Ghariaan Beetein, Jesay Sadiaan Beet gaein
- Mere Dil Ke HaiAawaaz Ke Bichraa Yar Milay Gaa
- Aag Lagaa Kar Chupney Waalay Sun Meraa Afsaanah
- Aey Dil Tjhay Ab Un Say Kesi Ye Shikaayat Hei, Wo Saamnay Bethay Hein Kafi Ye Inaayat Hei
List of Punjabi Songs
- Tangay Waala Khaair Mangdaa, Taanga Lahore Daa Howay Tay Phaanwen Jhangh Daa
- Sajnaa Ney Buhay Agaay Chik Tan Laye
- Yaran Nal Bahaaran Sajnaa
- Soch Key Yar Banawin Bandiaa
- Dil Diyan Lgian Jaanay Naa, Meraa Payar Pachaanay Naa
- Terey Haath Ke Bedardeey Aya Phulaan Jiya Dil Tor Kay
- Yaa Apnaa Kisay Nu Kr Ley, Yaa Ap Kisay Da Hoo Beliaa
- Tere Maadh Bharey Naain Mil Paain, Tey Chandraa Sharaab Chad Dey
- Sajnoo Aey Nagrii Data De Aithey Aandaa Kul Zamaana
- Yar Mangiaa Se Rabba Teithun Ro Key, Kehrii Mein Khudae Maang Leyii
Hit Urdu Duets
- Sathioo, Mujaahido, Jag Uthaa Hey Saara Watan
- Door Veeraaney Mein Aik Shamaa Hei Roshan Kb Sey
- De gaa Naa Koii Sahaara, In Bedaard Faazaon Mein
- Madeenay Walay Say Meraa Salaam Keh Denaa
- Aik Aur Bat Maani, Aik Aur Zakham Khaaya
- Tjhe Payar Ke Qasam Hei, Meraa Payar Bn Key Aja
- O meray Shokh Sanam, Hwa Deewana Teraa Jb Sey Tmhay
- Har Denaa Naa Himat Kahein, Aik Saa Waqat Rehtaa Nahein
- Bheegii Bheegii Thandii Hawaa
- Ye Wada Karoo Kay Mohabbat Karain Gey
Hit Punjabi Duets
- Saadi Ajab Kaahani Ae, Bhool Key Puranay Dukhraay
- Nikkey Hundiaan Daa Payar, Wekhiin Deevin Naa Wisaar
- Wey Laakh Tarlay Paawen Mundiaa, Tainu Payyar Neiin Karnaa
- Tere Akhh Daa Neiin Jawaab, Tay Bhuliaan Khiriaa Surkh Gulaab
- Dil Dey Key Tay Nasiyee Naa, Jee Roo Key Wikhaa Denaa
- Laal Mere Patt Rakhioo Balaa Jhooley Laalan Dey
- Lang Aajaa Pattan Chanan Daa Yar
- Chup Kar Kay Gaddii Dey Wich Behh Jaa, Jaai Bolaain Gi Chapaair Khaein Gi
- Haye Mar gae, Than Mar Gae
- Yad Sataeey, Chain Naa Aye, Kaliaan Neiin Jee Saknaa