Kamran Michael is a non-Muslim Politician in Pakistan. He is associated with Pakistan Muslim League N for a long time. He has served in several ministries and has served both in National Assembly and Provincial Assembly. Michael is a leader of the Christian community and a businessman and politician by profession. As a politician, he has immensely served the people, especially the Christian community. This article has all the information about Michael, including Kamran Michael Biography.
|In Urdu:||کامران مائیکل|
|Alma Mater:||Punjab University|
|Date:||9th October 1973|
|Parents:||M. L. Michael|
|Political Party:||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
|Time Period :||2018-present|
|Old Political Affiliations:||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
Kamran Michael Biography
Michael is the one who stood by his party in the hard times. He had sincerely served his party PMLN when the top leadership was in jail and exile. In his political career, he has served as a member of the district council, member of the senate, and member of the Provincial Assembly. Due to his commitment to the party, he was appointed for several important ministries that include the Ministry of Port and Shipping, Ministry for human rights, and Ministry of Statistics. He was the part of Abbasi’s cabinet in the previous government.
Kamran date of Birth
He was born on October 9, 1973, in Lahore, Punjab.
Education of Kamran
Kamran has done a bachelor’s from Punjab University in 1996.
The political career of Kamran started in 2001. He was lucky to have a victorious start to his career. He was first elected as a member of the Lahore District Council and remained a member of the Lahore District Assembly for one and a half years. He stood adamant against the military regime when most of his leaders were facing the corruption charges that were politically driven. His first entry into the parliamentary politics in the general election in 2002.
2002 General Elections
He was elected as the member of the Provincial Assembly on one of the eight reserved seats for minorities. Though he was on the opposition benches, he still served the people and remained active.
2008 General Elections
- In the 2008 general election, he got a more politically supportive environment. He was re-elected for the Provincial Assembly on the reserve seats for the minorities for the second time. This time, his party made government in Punjab, and Kamran was given several responsibilities. He was appointed as the Minister for Human Rights, Minister of Minority Affairs, Minister for Social Welfare, Minister of Women Development, and lastly, the Minister of Finance of Punjab.
- As a Minister of Finance, He presented two budgets. He was also prolific as Minister of Minority Affairs. Along with the other reforms, he successfully increased the minority quota from 3 to 5 percent. In 2012, Shahbaz Bhatti was assassinated, and the seat of the senate was vacant. He was nominated for the seat in the senate as his party introduced new talent on the national level. Kamran was elected as a senator for the first time in 2012 and became the first Christian in the history of Pakistan to become a senator.
2013 General Elections
- In the 2013 General election, his party PMLN won the majority seats in the country and made government in the center. During the formation of the cabinet of Nawaz Sharif, Kamran was made the Minister of Port and Shipping. He succeeded Babar Ghauri on 8 June 2013. It was the first time that he was appointed as the Federal Minister. His ministry lasted till 2016. His party was keen to take advantage of his political talent; he was appointed as the Minister for Human Rights, which lasted till 2017.
- After the disqualification of Nawaz Sharif by the Supreme Court in Panama Leaks, the cabinet was disbanded, and Kamran Ceased to work. When Khaqan Abbasi was elected as the Prime Minister, Kamran was inducted to the cabinet again and appointed as the Minister of Statistics. He served this ministry until the expiration of his term in the senate.
2018 Senate Elections
After the election in the 2018 senate election, he was re-elected as a senator on reserve seats for minorities and was inducted into the cabinet as the Minister of Statistics again that he served till the expiration of the government.
- When Kamran was the Minister of Human Rights, he met with Pope Francis, who appreciated his efforts. He informed the Pope of the measures that his ministry has taken for the welfare of the people. He also told the Pope that the ministry was striving regardless of religion and ethnicity. He also represented Pakistan in the 6th session of the Ministerial Conference that was held in Istanbul in 2016.
- He talked about the status of the women in Pakistan at the conference. In the same visit, he met with the president of Turkey, Erdogan, and his wife, Emine Erdogan. In the meeting, they discussed the role of women in the development of OIC. He also highlighted the long term planning that the government had planned in Vision 2025 that commits to pursuing the development of women in all sectors.
Kamran is also facing a case in the NAB. He is accused of allotting three plots in the prime location of Karachi. He was also charged with using his authority over the officials to carry out his illegal orders. The plots that were allotted on his orders worth 1.05 billion rupees. After his arrest, he was granted him bail after eight months by Sindh Court
Social Media Account
His social media accounts include