Husaini was founded in 1979 by Late Hasan Ali Vajid at his clinic in Soldier Bazar Karachi with the support of Late Mr. Hamid D. Habib, chairman of Habib trusts. The
foresight, dedication and pioneering efforts of the then trustees lead to the formation of Husaini Hematology and Oncology trust, an organization now best known to
provide excellent medical services to the masses
|Location:||Nishter Park Soldier Bazar No.2, Karachi,|
|TEL:||+92-21-32237734, 32237736, 32238405, 32238406, 32238407, 32238408|
|Owned By:||Dr. Hasan Ali Vajid – Founder Husaini Blood Bank Trust|
|Business Hours:||7 Days a Week [24 Hours]|
|Hospital Type:||BLOOD DONATE|
|support of Late:||Mr. Hamid D. Habib, chairman|
|units of blood:||Annually around 200,000 units|
|blood bag isfilled:||450 ML bag . 8-10 minutes.|
|After Your Donation :||not drive car, motorcycle, smoke, tobacco or pan at least for 2 hours|
|Beds:||Clean Bed Sheets|
|Standards:||Provides special services|
Annually around 200,000 units of blood and its components are issued from Husaini Blood Bank from its Branches all over Pakistan. The External Quality Assurance of the Blood Bank is done by College of American Pathologists (CAP) and External Quality Assurance Service (EQAS), Europe.
Blood is a living tissue which cannot be produced artificially so far. The only source of safe blood is healthy voluntary Blood Donors to motivate voluntary blood donation Husaini Blood Bank offers a service which is called Voluntary Blood Account Service.Blood is a life line for us but infected blood can transmit deadly viral infections like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV. Therefore, Blood screening is considered as the backbone of any Blood Transfusion service. By the Grace of Allah and with the Support of our Trustees, Husaini Blood Bank is equipped with FDA approved PCR based NAT screening system which is the most sensitive and specific screening system in the world so far.
Tips HUSSAINI BLOOD
By following a few recommendations before, during and after your blood donation can help you make your donation experience as safe, successful and pleasant as possible.
Before Your Donation
- Your minimum hemoglobin should be 12 gram / deciliter
- Get a good night’s sleep if possible
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water and fluids before the donation.
- Eat normal meal before your donation.
- Be free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
During Your Donation
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- Relax, watch TV, or read during the donation process.
- if you have a preferred arm and show the staff any good veins
- 450 ml blood bag isfilled in 8-10 minutes.
- Take the time to enjoy a snack and a drink after blood donation.
After Your Donation
- Keep lying at least for ten minutes.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the next 24-48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting 5 hours.
- Do not drive car, motorcycle, smoke, tobacco or pan at least for 2 hours.
Benefits of Donation
- Al Quran “who saved the
- life of one human has saved the humanity”. (Surah Al Maida).
- It feels great
- to donate!
- You get free juice and cookies.
- Heart diseases are less common who donate blood regularly.
- You will have a free medical checkup prior blood donation.
- You will get free blood report once you donate blood.
- Blood to spare.
- You will be someone’s hero. in fact, you may help as many as three people with just one donation.
Who can Donate
- Only healthy volunteers can donate blood
- Age between 18 To 60 years
- Weight 50kg or above
- Never had jaundice due to hepatitis B & C Is not suffering from HIV /AIDS
- Have normal hemoglobin.
- Minimum gap between 3 months
Dr. Hasan Ali Vajid – Founder Husaini Blood Bank Trust
RINA ISO:9001 UKAS Quality Managment International Society of Blood Transfusion – Netherlands Pakistan National Accreditation Council
American Association of Blood Banking College of American Pathologists International Society of Blood Transfussion Thalassemia International Federation Thalassemia Federation of Pakistan Sindh Blood Transfussion Authority Sindh Medical Faculty Sindh Board of Technical Education
Monday – Saturday
- Address : 43, Rehmat Manzil, Bhurgri Road, Soldier Bazar, Karachi.
- Landmarks : Bhurgri Road, Britto Road, Rehmat Manzil, Soldier Bazar
- City : Karachi
- Phone : +92-21-32237734, 32237736, 32238405, 32238406, 32238407, 32238408
- Fax : +92-21-32237735
- UAN : +92-21-111111422