Hina Rabbani Khar is a Pakistani politician and is associated with Pakistan People’s Party. Hina was the first female and youngest foreign minister of Pakistan. Before her association with the People’s party, she was a member of PMLQ. After her election in 2008, she first appointed as the Minister of State for Finance and Economic Affairs and, later, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs. This article has all the information about Khar, including Hina Rabbani Khar Biography.
|Name:||Hina Rabbani Khar|
|In Urdu:||حنا ربانی کھر|
|Date:||19th November 1977|
|Children:||Annaya Gulzar, Dina Gulzar|
|Parents:||Ghulam Noor Rabbani Khar and Sumaira Rabani Khar|
|Relatives:||Ghulam Mustafa Khar (uncle) and Aaminah Haq (cousin)|
|Political Party:||Pakistan Peoples Party|
Hina Rabbani Khar Biography
She emerged on the political stage in the 2002 general election and worked in the cabinet of Shoukat Aziz during the Musharraf’s government. As she was an educated woman, she was assigned the junior ministry responsible for Economic Affairs. Hina has also remained the first female to represent the budget in the National Assembly. During the government of the People’s Party, Hina was assigned the ministry of State for Finance and Economic Affairs and then Foreign Minister. She is currently a member of the National Assembly.
Education of Khar
Hina got a BSc Economics from LUMS and then enrolled in the Massachusett University in the United States. She got her MSc Business Management in 2002. Even after she completed education, she has ties with LUMS and delivered a lecture on “Foreign Policy and Young Democracy.”
Hina Rabbani Khar Family
Hina belongs to a healthy political and feudal family. She is a daughter of notable senior politician Ghulam Noor Rabban, and her uncle Ghulam Mustafa Khar is the former Punjab Governor. Hina got married to Feroz Gulzar. The couple has a son and 2 daughters named Anaya and Dina.
Hina date of Birth
She was born 19 November 1977 in Multan, Punjab Pakistan.
- The political career of Hina started in 2002. After the disqualification of most of the politicians of the Khar family, she introduced into politics. The new rule required parliamentary candidates to have a university degree. Hina was the one with a university degree and started her political career. She joined PMLQ and contested her first election in 2002 general election on NA-177.
- Her father mainly supported her. In her first election, she received 46752 votes and won the election. Soon she was assigned the ministry of Economic and Finance in the cabinet of Shoukat Aziz. She continued this post until the end of the government. In the 2005 earthquake, she worked with International Organization and later on the proposal of Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India Pipeline. Before the 2008 election, she grew differences with her party PMLQ.
2008 General Elections
Based on these differences, she not given the ticket for the 2008 general election. Soon she was invited to Pakistan People’s Party, which she accepted wholeheartedly. In 2008, she re-elected on NA-177 on the ticket of PPP. She was appointed as the minister of State for Finance and Economicsand successfully presented the National Assembly budget. She was the first female politician to present the budget in the National Assembly in 2010.
As minister of Foreign Affairs
- After the resignation of Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Hina was appointed as the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs. She was the youngest and the primary female foreign minister of the country. She appointed in one of the difficult times of the country. Soon she visited India to resume the talks with the Indian government that suspended after the Mumbai Attacks in 2008. During her visit, she met with her Indian counterparts and leaders of Kashmir.
- Hina was severely criticized for her fashion, an expensive necklace, bag, and sunglasses. She also got immense coverage by Indian media. She also visited China to have talks with the Chinese foreign minister. She also took a strong stance on the NATO attack that killed 24 soldiers. Soon she demanded an apology from the US government stating that the US should live up to its democratic ideals. In 2011 when the US suspended the aid of Pakistan.
- Hina warned them that they would be responsible for losing the war on terror. She immediately visited Moscow secretly to strengthen the bilateral relationship for the cause of the Afghan War. She met with the Russian leadership and invited them to Pakistan. She also spoke to the 16th Summit of a non-aligned movement in Tehran that peaceful negotiation should be preferred for the Iran nuclear program issue.
- In her visit to Bangladesh, Khar stressed the solution for the post-independence issue that rose between Pakistan and Bangladesh, stating that the two countries should not look back and move ahead. Her term ended after the expiration of the government.
2013 General Elections
She did not contest election in 2013 so that her father could succeed her who was ineligible to stand as a candidate and contest the election. However, her father lost in the 2013 election.
2018 General Elections
In 2018, Hina made her comeback into politics and nominated for women’s assembly on the reserve seats. She is considered as one of the most successful foreign ministers of Pakistan. Khar also owns a restaurant named Polo Lounge in Lahore and Islamabad.
Social Media Accounts
Her social media accounts include