Hafiz Muhammad Saeed Addressing
Hafiz Muhammad Saeed Traveling
Hafiz Muhammad Saeed With Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman
Hafiz Muhammad Saeed Release from Lahore Punjab Highcourt
Hafiz Mohammad Saeed addresses mediapersons during Press Conference in Karachi
Family BackgroundHafiz Saeed’s whole family is well-known for their devotion towards acquisition of knowledge. His father, Kamal-ud-Deen, was a scholar, while his uncle and father-in-law, the late Prof. Hafiz Abdullah Bahawalpuri, rahmatullah alaih (May Allah have mercy on him), was a renowned and distinguished Islamic scholar and has a very famous and respectable reputation among the masses and scholars alike. Hafiz Saeed’s mother too, was a well educated lady and thousands of women used to come and learn from her.
HafizbGbiven Name By His teacher
Grandfather and His CousinsSimilarly, Hafiz Saeed’s maternal grandfather, the late Maulana Noor Muhammad, rahmatullah alaih, was also a prominent Islamic scholar and several famous Islamic scholars of Pakistan were his students. All of Hafiz Saeed’s cousins and brothers are well-known scholars in their own right too and have been learning and teaching at various universities of America and Pakistan. In short, his whole family comes from a well-educated and scholastic background. Hafiz Saeed has two daughters and a son. His daughter too, is a graduate, while his son is a professor at a university, as well as studying further for PhD.
EducationHafiz Saeed’s education was not limited to Islamic courses alone. He cleared his matriculation exams (Junior School) in 1966; passed the FA (High School) exams in 1968, two years later; received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Punjab, Lahore, in 1970, and finally went on to receive his first Masters degree in 1972, and his second Masters degree, also from the University of Punjab, in 1974.
Hafiz saeed as a TeacherAlthough Hafiz Saeed joined the University of Engineering and Technology in Lahore as a teacher after completing his education at the University of Punjab, his quest for knowledge was not satiated and he traveled to Saudi Arabia for further education and completed a Specialization in Arabic Language from the Jamia Malik Saud (King Saud University). He stood first in the specialization exams and won a gold medal. While he was there, he also enhanced his knowledge of Islam from various well-known Saudi scholars and became the favorite pupil of the most distinguished Islamic scholar of Saudi Arabia, Shaykh Abd-ul-Aziz ibn-e-Baz, rahmatullah alaih. Another source of enhancing Islamic knowledge for Hafiz Muhammad Saeed were the wealth of books in several libraries of Saudi Arabia, where he was able to study a huge selection of books on Islam while being employed there.
Son ofHafiz SaeedTalha Saeed is the name of the son of Hafiz Saeed.
Teachers ofHafiz SaeedSome famous Islamic scholars in whose company Hafiz Muhammad Saeed spent considerable time, in Pakistan, as well as in Saudi Arabia, and was able to learn and augment his knowledge from, include such distinguished Profile Names as, Shaykh ibn-e-Baz, rahmatullah alaih; al-Shaykh Ataaullah Hanif Bhojiani, rahmatullah alaih; Shaykh Badi’-ud-Deen Rashidi, rahmatullah alaih; al-Shaykh Hafiz Abdullah Bahawalpuri, rahmatullah alaih; Dr. Khalid Alvi, rahmatullah alaih; Dr. Ala-ud-Deen Siddiqui, rahmatullah alaih; Vice Chancellor of Punjab University, Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Malik; Shaykh Muhammad Ali al-Kholi al-Masri, and Mudeer, Mahad-al-Lugha, Jamia Malik Saud, Dr. Seeni. He especially benefitted from the following scholars while in Saudi Arabia; al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen; Shaykh Abd-ar-Razzaq al-Afifi, and the famous scholar of Islam from India, Shaykh Safi-ur-Rahman Mubarakpuri, rahmatullah alaihim. It is worth mentioning here that Hafiz Muhammad Saeed received numerous character certificates praising his excellent manners from all the above mentioned scholars and teachers during this time.
- A thesis on Aijaz-ul-Quraan of Imam al-Baqlani rahmatullah alaih alaih;
- A thesis on biography of Abu Hurairah, radi’Allah’anhu, the illustrious companion of the Prophet, sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
- An informative educational thesis on ‘Hudood’ in collaboration with the Government of Pakistan’s Council of Islamic ideology.
- Hafiz Saeed is also an author of books; Tafseer Surah Tawbah’ & Tafseer Surah Yousuf.
- Apart from these, Prof. Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has written thousands of educational and reformative articles and discourses on various religious, political, and scholastic subjects.
- Undertook extensive research work and wrote enormous papers on Islamic Jurisprudence, and Historiography;
- Wrote down x number of articles on education, and character-building;
- Wrote out articles, gave reviews and discourses on various religious, political, and academic subjects of thought.
- Joined University of Engineering as lecturer and eventual promotions elevated him to the rank of Professor and served the University as chairman of the Department of Islamic Studies. He worked for the University for more than 25 years.
- Apropos of the training of members of civil service and the judiciary, served National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA), Lahore, Pakistan, as Guest Speaker. Thus he trained many thousands of Government officers and justices.
- Regular speaker at Radio Pakistan during the early ‘80s. He wrapped up Islamic perspective on diverse national issues;
- Visiting faculty at various colleges and universities, including; Punjab University, Lahore; Karachi University, Karachi; Agricultural University, Faisalabad, over and above other higher educational institutions across Pakistan. His lectures covered such topics as Islamic philosophy, Pakistan’s economic crises, social problems and their corresponding remedies, Pakistan’s geo-political challenges, to mention a few.
- As a prolific writer wrote columns on education and literacy. He also contributed solicited articles for Pakistan’s print media.