Ghulam Rasool Sahi is a famous politician who has been associated with many political parties. He is the brother of the former speaker of Punjab Assembly Chaudhry Afzal Sahi. Sahi was twice elected as a member of the National Assembly in 2002 and 2013 from NA-75 Faisalabad. This article has all the information about Ghulam Sahi, including Ghulam Rasool Sahi Biography.
|Name:||Ghulam Rasool Sahi|
|In Urdu:||غلام رسول ساہی|
|Alma Mater:||Government Degree College Faisalabad|
|Profession:||Agriculturist and Politician|
|Date:||9th July 1944|
|Parents:||Chauhdary Nawab Khan|
|Siblings :||Chaudhry Afzal|
|Member of the National Assembly|
|Assumed office:||1st June 2013 – 17th May 2018|
|Party:||Pakistan Muslim League N|
Table of Contents
Ghulam Rasool Sahi Biography
Ghulam Rasool is a Politician and agriculturist. He is also a retired Colonel who has often changed his loyalties according to the situation. First, he was a member of PMLQ. In 2008, he joined Pakistan Muslim League N and now Pakistan Tahreek Insaf. In his last tenure, he was a member of the Standing Committee on Defence, a member of the Standing Committee on Education and a member of the Standing Committee on House and Library. He resigned from his seat in the last government of Nawaz Sharif and joined Pakistan Tahreek Insaf.
Ghulam Sahi age
Ghulam Rasool was born on 9th July 1944 in Faisalabad. Currently, he is still living in his hometown.
Education of Sahi
In 1964, he completed his graduation in his hometown from Government degree college Faisalabad.
Ghulam Rasool Sahi Family
Ghulam Rasool is the son of Chaudhry Nawab Khan, who was a landlord of Sahianwala. He belongs to a Sahi Jat family. His brother, Chaudhry Afzal is also a politician by profession and has served on the key posts and remained a speaker of Punjab Assembly. Zulqarnain Sahi is the son of Rasool Sahi.
- The career of Ghulam Rasool Started with Pakistan Muslim League(Q). It was the time when most of the members of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz joined together under the leadership of Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain. In the 2002 general election, he was given the ticket to contest election from NA-75 Faisalabad. He contested the election and won it against Wajid Mustafa Bajwa, who was a candidate of the Pakistan People’s Party. He received 55464 votes. His opponent lost by 20000 votes. His tenure lasted for 5 years from 2002 to 2007.
- In 2008, he contested from the ticket of PMLQ again. He could not visualize the declined political situation of PMLQ due to the worst administrative government of Musharraf of whom they were allied. He contested from the ticket of PMLQ from NA-75 Faisalabad. This time, his opponent was Tariq Mahmood Bajwa of the Pakistan People’s Party. Bajwa won the election by receiving 83700 votes. Sahi got 68196 votes and lost by more than 15000 votes.
- To secure his political future, he and his brother, Afzal Sahi, decided to leave PMLQ due to its unpopular image in public and joined Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz. They had a meeting with the President of PMLN, Nawaz Sharif, at Raiwaind. In the meeting, they expressed full confidence in Nawaz Sharif and his policies. According to them, PMLN had the potential to take the country out of its economic crises. Nawaz Sharif also welcomed them and wished to benefit from their experience.
- In the 2013 general elections, it was expected that PMLN would win the elections. Ghulam Sahi contested from the ticket of PMLN against a strong candidate of PTI, Fawad Ahmad Cheema, from NA-75. He received 130300 votes while Fawad got only 81200 votes. It was a massive victory because of the sudden rise of Pakistan Tahreek Insaf before the elections.
- He contested the elections against 19 candidates. As he and his brother had often changed loyalties, they were not trusted for any ministries or other important seats despite their experience. At the end of the assembly in the Nawaz Sharif Government, he resigned from the assembly.
- In May 2018, he, along with his brother, Afzal, met with the chairman of Tahreek Insaf, Imran Khan, in Bani Gala. In the meeting, they decided to join Pakistan Tahreek Insaf and accepted its agenda of eradication of corruption from the country. According to Sahi, he left the party due to the Sharif’s narrative on several issues. Several other members of the party also left the party in those days. It was reported that most of the PMLN members have a fear of their future in the coming elections, while some believed that they changed their loyalties purely due to the situation of the country that needed someone who could handle it better.
- Ghulam Sahi was the second MNA from Faisalabad to join Imran Khan. During his meeting with Imran Khan, he also invited him to visit Faisalabad. After 15 days, Imran Khan visited his house and awarded three tickets to the Sahi brothers. After he left the party, the Provincial Minister, Rana Sanaullah, said he was aware of the Sahi brothers as they have a history of changing loyalties.
- The departure of the Sahi brothers created problems for Muslim League Nawaz as they had a problem of finding a strong candidate. After few days, he retired from politics while his son Zulqarnain Sahi was nominated for the National Assembly from NA-101 but could not win. NA-101 in the previous government replaced NA-75.