Abdul Rashid Godil is known as a politician and a social worker. He was first associated with MQM and later joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf. Target killers also attacked him. After a severe battle with so many injuries, he survived and came back to his normal life. Godil Sahab is likewise a social worker. This article has all the information about Abdul Rashid, including Abdul Rashid Godil Biography.
|Name:||Abdul Rashid Godil|
|In Urdu:||عبد الرشید گوڈیل|
|Alma Mater:||Government National College|
|Profession:||Politician and Businessman|
|Date:||7th September 1960|
|Parents:||Ahmed Haji Latif Godil|
|Political Party:||Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf|
|Time Period :||2018-present|
|Old Political Affiliations:||Muttahida Qaumi Movement|
|Member of the National Assembly|
|Assumed office:||2013 – 31st May 2018|
Table of Contents
Abdul Rashid Godil Biography
He is a senior politician of Pakistan and has served as a member of the National Assembly. During most of his political career, he was associated with the Mutahidda Qoumi Movement. Abdul Godil is also known for his social works that he started in 1985 with Ababil Organization and Young Scholar Organization. He was also selected as an M.C member of the All Pakistan Memon Federation. In 2000, he joined the World Memon Organization and became the first member to join it from Dhoraji. He has served as a Nazim and two times as a member of National Assembly of Pakistan
Rashid Godil age
He was born on 7th September 1960 in Karachi. Currently, he is still living in his homeland.
Education of Abdul Godil
Rashid Godil got his early education from V.M Public School Dhoraji. Then he graduated from Government National College and got a degree in Commerce
Abdul Rashid Godil Family
Rashid belongs to a Muhajir family who migrated from India after the partition. His father was Haji Latif Godil.
- Godil started his career in 2005 when he participated in the Local Bodies Election. He was elected as the Nazim of the Union Council. In just one year, he accomplished many developmental projects in Dhoraji, Bahadarabad, and Sharfabad. It was a prolific one year for the Union Council that he represented. His achievements were applauded by Wasay Jalil when he was working as a coordinator for the Gulshan town Haq Parast.
- His road to the National Assembly was similar to most of the politicians associated with MQM. He also started from the lower level and after his successful one year as a Nazim, he was awarded the ticket of the National Assembly for NA-252. It was a great achievement for him as he belonged to a middle-class family. All the residents of the constituency became active till the election which helped him won the election in 2008. He was made a member of Finance and revenue and Textile in 2009.
- In 2013, he was nominated again for NA-252 as the candidate of MQM for the election. The nomination was mostly based on his services as Nazim and as Member of National Assembly. He was elected again from NA-252 Karachi. After one year, he was appointed as the parliamentary leader in the Rabta committee. He was also made a member of the Coordination Committee.
- Godil was attacked by unidentified men in Karachi. According to the reports, the attackers on a motorcycle opened fire on Godil that killed his driver and seriously injured Godil. The police said he was shot 5 bullets on his chest, jaw, and head. Due to extreme blood loss, he remained in a critical situation for 48 hours. Once the news of his death also circulated but later it turned to be false.
- After his treatment and observation in the hospital, he recovered. He was shot a week after he submitted his resignation from his seat in the assembly to Nawaz Sharif. It was said that MQM was involved in the attack as it has a history of target killings in the city and making violence
Before the 2018 election, he met with Imran Khan in Bani Gala and joined PTI. Imran khan warmly welcomed him and the newcomer expressed full confidence in his leadership. In a video message, Imran Khan said that Godil’s joining would bring a real change in Karachi as he has an established network.
- He began his practical life with the services of others. While a student, he would teach to the underprivileged students who could not afford any fee. After his graduation, he joined Abbabil Organization and became its president. Its main aim was to assist the poor people. It provided people textbooks. He also became the Vice president of the Young Scholar organization that provided tuition facilities. He also took interest in Dhoraji Association.
- They elected him the Vice President for two years from 1999 to 2001. After one year, he also became a member of the All Pakistan Memon Federation and was selected as an M.C member of the federation. He has the credit of becoming the first member of the World Memon Organization. From 2002 till now, he is a member of the Supreme Council of All Pakistan Memon Federation. Due to his great service to the community, he was elected as the President of the Dhoraji Association.
- He also had great support from the community. As he knew business, he increased the funds of the association by 150% and enhanced the performance of the association. He stated that the purpose of the organization should not be giving zakat only rather it should strive to enhance the lives of the people of the community. After he became the board member of the World Memon Organization, he visited many countries to attend conferences including UAE, Srilanka, India, and Kenya
Rashid Godil Awards
He was awarded by All Pakistan Memon Federation and World Memon Organization due to his services for the people of Karachi. All Pakistan Memon Federation awarded him with Gold Medal in Governer House Karachi while World Memon Organization awarded for the best achievements in Pakistan in South Africa.
Social Media Accounts
His social media accounts include