The Pakistan Super League Seasons is the professional T20 cricket league played during Feb and March every year by six cricket teams representing six Pakistani cities. This cricket league was made on 9th September 2015, comprising five-teams and now consists of six teams.
Instead of working as the organization of independently-owned teams, it is a single unit, and investors own and control each franchise. These teams are included in this league Islamabad United, Lahore Qalandars, Karachi Kings, Multan Sultans, Quetta Gladiators, and Peshawar Zalmi.
|Administrator:||PSL Governing Body Pakistan Cricket Board|
|First Tournament :||2016|
|Second Tournament :||2017|
|Next Tournament :||2018|
|Tournament format :||Double round robin and playoffs|
|Number of Teams:||6|
|Current Champion :||Peshawar Zalmi|
|Most Successful :||Islamabad United, Peshawar Zalmi (1 title each)|
|Most Runs :||Pakistan Ahmed Shehzad (532)|
|Most Wickets :||Pakistan Wahab Riaz (30)|
|TV :||List of Broadcasters|
|Founded:||In Lahore on 8 September 2015|
|PCB Head Office:||Lahore|
|First Season was Played:||United Arab Emirates|
|Current Season :||2018|
PSL Season 1
In the 1st Pakistan Super League Seasons, every squad tried their best to secure the PSL 2016 title, and Islamabad United succeeded in winning this title under the captaincy of Misbah-ul-Haq.
PSL Seasons 1 Teams
Nadeem Umar, the owner of Omer associates, owns this team. Following players played in season 2016 Sarfraz Ahmad (captain), Aizaz Cheema, Bilal Asif, Anwar Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Muhammad Nabi, Saad Naseem, Umar Gul, Kevin Pietersen, Zulfiqar Babar, Asad Shafiq, Ahmed Shahzas, Jason Holder, Rameez Raja, Luke Wright, Kumar Sangakkara, Akbar-ur-Rehman, Nathan McCullum, Bismillah Khan, and Grant Elliott.
Leonine Global Sports is the owner of Islamabad United and the following players performed in season 1 Misbah-ul-Haq(captain), Samuel Badree, Amad Butt, Kamran Ghulam, Brad Haddin, Mohammad Sami, Andre Russell, Ashar Zaidi, Babar Azam, Sam Billings, Saeed Ajmal, Imran Khalid, Khalid Latif, Umar Amin, Muhammad Irfan, Sharjeel Khan, Rumman Raees, Hussain Talat, Shane Watson, Umar Siddiq, Azhar Mahmood, Asif Ali, and Dwayne Smith.
Qatar Lubricants Company Limited owns Lahore Qalandars. The players played in season 1 includes Dwayne Bravo, Adnan Rasool, Hammad Azam, Sohaib Maqsood, Cameron Delport, Mustafizur Rahman, Kevon Cooper, Abdul Razaak, Zia-ul-Haq, Azhar Alui, Chris Gayle, Umar Akmal, Zafar Gohar, Zohaib Khan, Ehsan Adil, Mukhtar Ahmed, Imran Butt, Muhammad Rizwan, Naved Yasin, and Ajantha Mendis.
Zalmi is owned by a renowned businessperson Javaid Afridi. The following players were included in the team Imran Khan, Jim Allenby, Aamer Yamin, Kamran Akmal, Chris Jordan, Muhammad Hafeez, Shahid Yousuf, Darren Sammy, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Abdur Rehman, Dawid Malan, Shahid Afridi(captain), Brad Hodge, Tamim Iqbal, Taj Wali, Hasan Ali, Musadiq Ahmed, Israrullah, Muhammad Asghar, Jonny Bairstow, and Shaun Tait.
PSL Season 2
In the 2nd season 2017 of PSL, Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi played 1st qualifying match, and Gladiators won by one run. Karachi Kings and Islamabad United played 2nd qualifying match in which Karachi won by Forty-Four runs. Karachi Kings and Peshawar Zalmi played the 3rd qualifying match, and Zalmi won by Twenty-Four runs.
PSL Season 2 Teams
Islamabad United consisted of the following players Misbah-ul-Haq(captain), Sam Billings, Asif Ali, Amad Butt, Samuel Badree, Steven Finn, Ben Duckett, Hussain Talat, Dwayne Smith, Brad Haddin, Imran Khalid, Mohammad Irfan, Khalid Latif, Muhammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal, Shadab Khan, Rumman Raees, Sharjeel Khan, Shane Watson, and Zohaib Khan.
Sarfraz Ahmed (captain), Bismillah Khan, Nathan McCullum, Anwar Ali, Ahmed Shehzad, Tymal Mills, Thisara Perera, Asad Shafiq, Hassan Khan, Mehmudullah, Mir Hamza, Muhammad Nawaz, Noor Wali, Rilee Rossouw, Kevin Pietersen, Saad Naseem, Umar Amin, Luke Wright, Umar Gul and Zulfiqar Babarwere part of the squad.
Kumar Sangakkara(captain), Chris Gayle, Imad Waseem, Babar Azam, Abrar Ahmed, Ravi Bopara, Khurram Manzoor, Hassan Mohsin, Kashif Bhatti, Mahela Jayawardene, Rayan McLaren, Muhammad Amir, Sohail Khan, Rahat Ali, Kieron Pollard, Saifullah Bangash, Shahzaib Hassan, Shoaib Malik, and Usama Mir were part of the squad.
Brendon McCullum(captain), Amir Yamin, Bilawal Bhatti, Azhar Ali, Grant Elliott, Cameron Delport, James Franklin, Fakhar Zaman, Ghulam Mudassar, Mohammad Irfan, Chris Green, Muhammad Rizwan, Jason Roy, Sunil Narine, Saif Badar, Sohail Tanvir, Usman Qadir, Umar Akmal, Yasir Shah, and Zafar Gohar played in this team.
Darren Sammy(captain), Andre Fletcher, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Haris Sohail, Hassan Ali, Iftikhar Ahmad, Imran Khan junior, Junaid Khan, Chris Jordan, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Asghar, Khushdil Shah, Muhammad Hafeez, Samit Patel, Eoin Morgan, Marlon Samuels, Sohaib Maqsood, Shahid Afridi, Tamim Iqbal, and Wahab Riaz played in this team.
PSL Season 3
PSL 3rd season started on 22nd February 2018. Matches were played at Karachi, Lahore, Sharjah, and Dubai. Peshawar Zalmi remained the Runner up of this season while Islamabad United stood 1st.
PSL Season 3 Teams
- Muhammad Sami, Rummaan Raees, Andre Russell, Shadab Khan, Samuel Badree, Misbah-ul-Haq, Asif Ali, Amad Butt, Iftikhar Ahmed-Retained Players
- JP Duminy, Faheem Ashraf, Luke Ronchi, Zafar Gohar, Sam Billings, Hussain Talat, Sahibzada Farhan-Picked in the Draft
- Steven Finn, Muhammad Hussnain (Injured), Alex Hales, and Muhammad Hassan-Supplementary Players
- Rohail Nazir-Emerging Category-Player
- Samit Patel (Cover for Asela), Chadwick Walton (Cover for Sam Billings)-Player Covers
- Imad Waseem (captain), Shahid Afridi, Usama Mir, Usman Khan, Ravi Bopara, Muhammad Amir, Khurram Manzoor, Babar Azam, Muhammad Rizwan-Retained Players
- Colin Ingram, David Wiese, Joe Denly (who replaced Luke Wright), Muhammad Irfan Junior, Tabish Khan, Hassan Mohsin, Tymal Mills (replaced Mitchell Johnson)-Picked in draft
- Lendl Simmons (replaced Colin Munro), Saifullah Bangash, Eoin Morgan- Supplementary players
- Mushtaq Ahmed Kalhoro, Muhammad Taha- Players of Emerging category
- Muhammad Hafeez, Shakib al Hasan, Darren Sammy, Wahab Riaz, Kamran Akmal, Hassan Ali, Chris Jordan, Haris Sohail, Muhammad Asghar- Retained players
- Dwayne Bravo, Sameen Gul, Hamad Azam, Saad Naseem, Tamim Iqbal, Taimoor Sultan, Ibtisam Sheikh-picked in the draft
- Supplementary players: Andre Fletcher, Rikki Wessels (replaced Evin Lewis), Khalid Usman, Muhammad Arif
- Khushdil Shah- player of Emerging category
- Umaid Asif (cover for Hasan Ali), Liam Dawson (cover for Shakib al Hasan)- Player Covers
- Sarfraz Ahmed, Rilee Rossouw, Kevin Pietersen, Anwar Ali, Muhammad Nawaz, Mahmudullah, Mir Hamza, Umar Amin, Asad Shafeeq-Retained players
- Jofra Archer (replaced Carlos Brathwaite), Shane Watson, Rahat Ali, Saud Shakeel, Rameez Raja Junior, Saad Ali, Hasan Khan- picked in the draft.
- Muhammad Junaid-player of the emerging category
- Rashid Khan, Jason Roy, Moin Khan Junior, Faraz Ahmad-Supplementary players
- Chris Green (cover for Rashid Khan), John Hastings (replaced Albie Morkel), Ben Laughlin (cover for Jofra Archer)- Player Covers
- Umar Akmal, Brendon McCullum, Sunil Narine, Yasir Shah, Fakhar Zaman, Cameron Delport, Bilawal Bhatti, Aamer Yamin, Sohail Khan- Retained players
- Chris Lynn, Bilal Asif, Mustafizur Rehman, Raza Hasan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Sohail Akhtar, Ghulam Mudassar- picked in the draft.
- Anton Devcich (replaced Angelo Mathews), Gulraiz Sadaf, Mitchell McClenaghan- Supplementary players
- Imran Khan Junior, Salman Irshad-players of Emerging category
- Dinesh Ramdin (cover for Mustafizur Rahman)-Player Covers
- Shoaib Malik, Kumar Sangakkara, Kieron Pollard, Muhammad Irfan, Sohail Tanvir, Junaid Khan, Irfan Khan, Sohaib Maqsood, Kashif Bhatti-Pre-draft players
- Imran Tahir, Ahmed Shehzad, Darren Bravo, Muhammad Abbas, Abdullah Shafique, Nicholas Pooran, Saif Badar-picked in the draft
- Hardus Viljoen, Ross Whiteley, Umar Gul, Umar Siddiq- Supplementary players
- Shan Masood-Players of the emerging category
- Thisara Perera (cover for Imran Tahir)- Player Covers
PSL Season 4
PSL 4th took place from 14th February to 17th March 2019. Gladiators defeated Zalmi by eight wickets in Karachi and won the PSL title for 1st time.
PSL Season 4 Teams
Alex Hales, Rizwan Hussein, Ahmad Butt, Nasir Nawaz, Muhammad Musa, Cameron Delport, Chadwick Walton, Phil Salt, Wayne Parnell, Zafar Gohar, Waqas Maqsood, Samit Patel, Sahibzada Farhan, Hussain Talat, Rumman Raees, Asif Ali, Luke Ronchi, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Muhammad Sami were included in the squad.
Umar Khan, Jahid Ali, Liam Livingstone, Ben Dunk, Amir Yamin, Abrar Ahmad, Ali Imran, Iftikhar Ahmed, Sohail Khan, Aaron Summers, Usama Mir, Awais Zia, Sikandar Raza, Ravi Bopara, Muhammad Rizwan, Usman Shinwari, Colin Ingram, Babar Azam, Muhammad Amir, Colin Munro, Imad Waseem.
The squad included Darren Sami (Captain), Tymal Mills, Lendl Simmons, Imam-ul-Haq, Andre Fletcher, Samiullah, Ibtisam Sheikh, Chris Jordan, Nabi Gul, Jamal Anear, Sohaib Maqsood, Wayne Madsen, Umar Ameen, Dawid Malan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Sameen Gul, Khalid Usman, Umaid Asif, Liam Dawson, Kieron Pollard, Kamran Akmal, Hassan Ali, and Wahab Riaz.
The squad included Shoaib Malik (Captain), Johnson Charles, Hamad Azam, James Vince, Andre Russell, Shakeel Ansar, Ali Shafique, Tom Moores, Dan Christian, Muhammad Ilyas, Noman Ali, Laurie Evans, Chris Green, Qais Ahmed, Muhammad Junaid, Umar Sidique, Muhammad Irfan, Muhammad Abbas, Shan Masood, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, and Shahid Afridi.
Sarfraz Ahmad (Captain), Max Waller, Muhammad Hussnain, Muhammad Irfan, Dwayne Smith, Jalat Khan, Azam Khan, Ahmad Shehzad, Harry Gurney, Ghulam Mudasir, Ahsan Ali, Danish Aziz, Saud Shakeel, Anwar Ali, Fawad Ahmad, Rilee Rossouw, Muhammad Nawaz, Umar Akmal, Sunil Narine, Shane Watson were in this squad.
Fakhar Zaman (Captain) Asela Gunaratne, Riki Wessels, Salman Butt, Saad Ali, David Wiese, Hardus Viljoen, Haris Rauf, Aizaz Cheema, Gohar Ali, Brendan Taylor, Umair Masud, Muhammad Imran, Sandeep Lamichhane, Sohail Akhtar, Agha Salman, Anton Devcich, Shaheen Afridi, Yasir Shah, Rahat Ali, Hassan Khan, Haris Sohail, Corey Anderson, and Carlos Brathwaite were included in this team.
PSL Season 5
5th Season of PSL commenced on 20th February 2020. For 1st time this league was entirely held in Pakistan. The tournament’s playoff stage was postponed due to a coronavirus pandemic. In March 2020, PCB thought whether to declare the tournament’s winner based on league-standings or arrange matches later.
On 2nd July 2020, PCB said that the season would be completed in Nov 2020. On 2nd September 2020, PCB confirmed the dates for the remaining cricket matches.
PSL Season 5 Teams
Shadab Khan (Captain), Ahmad Safi, Saif Badar, Dawid Malan, Akif Javaid, Phil Salt, Zafar Gohar, Rumman Raees, Colin Munro, Colin Ingram, Dale Steyn, Rizwan Hussain, Muhammad Musa, Hussain Talat, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Amad Butt, Luke Ronchi were part of the squad.
Sarfraz Ahmad (Captain), Umair Yousaf, Anwar Ali, Zahid Mehmood, Azam Khan, Areesh Ali, Keemo Paul, Khurram Manzoor, Sohail Khan, Abdul Nasir, Tymal Mills, Fawad Ahmad, Jason Roy, Shane Watson, Naseem Shah, Muhammad Nawaz, Muhammad Hussnain, Ben Cutting, Ahsan Ali, Ahmad Shehzad were part of the squad.
Wahab Riaz (Captain), Ali Khan, Muhammad Irfan, Amir Ali, Haider Ali, Liam Livingstone, Adil Ameen, Rahat Ali, Yasir Shah, Muhammad Mohsin, Carlos Brathwaite, Lewis Gregory, Liam Dawson, Tom Banton, Imam-ul-Haq, Umar Ameen, Hassan Ali, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal, Hamad Azam were part of a team.
Sohail Akhtar (Captain), Maaz Khan, Salman Irshad, Muhammad Faizan, Raja Farzan, Jahid Ali, Seekkuge Prasanna, Samit Patel, Chris Lynn, Fakhar Zaman, Usman Shinwari, Salman Butt, Dane Vilas, Haris Rauf, David Wiese, Ben Dunk, Shaheen Afridi, Abid Ali, Dilbar Hussain, and Muhammad Hafeez played in this squad.
Imad Waseem (Captain), Waqas Maqsood, Arshad Iqbal, Awais Zia, Umaid Asif, Chadwick Walton, Ali Khan, Cameron Delport, Sharjeel Khan, Chris Jordan, Alex Hales, Umar Khan, Usama Mir, Amir Yamin, Muhammad Amir, Iftikhar Ahmad, Muhammad Rizwan, Babar Azam were included in the squad.
Shan Masood (Captain), Rohail Nazi, Asad Shafique, Ali Shafique, Muhammad Irfan, Shahid Afridi, Muhammad Ilyas, Junaid Khan, James Vince, Moin Ali, Zeeshan Ashraf, Rilee Rossouw, Ravi Bopara, Khushdil Shah, Sohail Tanveer, Usman Qadir, Fabian Allen, Bilawal Bhatti, Imran Tahir, and Wayne Madsen were part of the squad.