Yusuf Hussain is a technology enthusiast, entrepreneur and Angel investor, currently serving as CEO of Ignite, a VC Fund focused on 4th Industrial Wave tech, which also takes initiatives to plug gaps in the tech entrepreneurial ecosystem. Ignite was previously called the National ICT R&D Fund. He was co-founder and CEO of CresSoft, Inc., a leading US eCommerce tech company with FORTUNE 500 and GLOBAL 2000 clients. As MD PSEB, he launched strategic initiatives in country branding, IT Parks, and VC Funding. He has also served as MD of LMKR and as IT Advisor to the World Bank. He is a founding charter member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE) Islamabad.
|In Urdu:||یوسف حسین|
|Famous As:||CEO of Ignite technologies|
|Education:||He has a Master of Science degree in Engineering with a minor in Business from the University of Texas at Austin, a Master of Arts degree in International Relations-Futuristics from American University of London-Pakistan Futuristics Institute, a Bachelor of Science Degree from Rice University in Houston, Texas|
|Awards :||Yusuf Hussain has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA), awarded a National Leadership Award by the USA National Republican Congressional Committee, and nominated Good Will Ambassador of the City of Houston.|
|Company Name:||Ignite(National Technology Fund)|
|Title :||Ignite(formerly as National ICTR&D fund)|
Mr Yousuf Hussain obtained his Master of Science degree in Engineering with a minor in Business from the University of Texas at Austin, a Master of Arts degree in International Relations-Futuristics from American University of London-Pakistan Futuristics Institute, a Bachelor of Science Degree from Rice University in Houston, Texas.
Mr Yousuf Hussain possesses a career experience which is larger than life. Yusuf Hussain has served in senior business and technology management positions in start-ups, GLOBAL 2000 corporations, and public sector organizations.
As Managing Director of the Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB), the apex Government organization mandated to promote the IT industry of Pakistan, he introduced and executed a strategic vision incorporating IT Park development, Venture Capital promotion, country branding, and human capital development, which assisted the industry in achieving a historic annual growth rate of over 50%.
He is co-Founder and former CEO of CresSoft, Inc, at that time Pakistan’s largest offshore outsourcing company which excelled at providing eCommerce and Convergent Telecommunications solutions to GLOBAL 2000 and FORTUNE 500 in the USA. As Development Manager at Time Warner and MCI Worldcom he led the development of industry-leading convergent telecom customer care solutions.
Yusuf has also served as consultant to the World Bank, the WTO and the United Nations. Earlier in his career, as Technology Advisor to Government of Pakistan he helped formulate a National Technology Policy. He has also taught courses in “Strategic Management” and “Corporate Ethics” to MBA students at Air Force University.
Pakistan has witnessed a phenomenal growth in its telecom industry. The government of Pakistan has mandated that a certain percentage of gross revenue generated by all telecom service providers be allocated to development and research of information and communication technologies with the vision to transform Pakistan’s economy into a knowledge based economy by promoting efficient, sustainable and effective ICT initiatives through synergic development of industrial and academic resources. To achieve this vision Ignite (Formerly National ICT R&D Fund) has been created. This vision will be realized by pursuing the following goals:
- Cultivate industry-academia partnership by funding concrete development and research initiatives.
- Enhance the national ICT related human resource development capacity manifolds by facilitating industrial demand focused human resource capacity building and R&D capabilities in the country and promoting ICT related educational programs and activities.
- Make Pakistan an attractive destination for service oriented and research and development related outsourced jobs.
- Use ICT as a tool for wealth creation and upward mobility for economically challenged groups of citizens.
- Spread the ICT activities on a true national level.
- Yusuf Hussain has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA)
- Awarded a National Leadership Award by the USA National Republican Congressional Committee, and nominated Good Will Ambassador of the City of Houston
- He is also a founding charter member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE) Islamabad, and a founding member of Rotary Club Islamabad Renaissance.