Pakistan is amongst the counties with the most alluring natural beauty. This land is blessed with countless captivating and breathtaking destinations and sights and is surely a heaven for tourists. From heavenly beaches to magnificent peaks, to rivers, waterfalls and lakes, this land possesses just about everything. Contrary to some foreigners’ beliefs, Pakistan is a hidden gem for tourists. Not only is this country perfectly safe, but is also inhabited by extremely friendly and welcoming locals.While the tourist destinations in Pakistani are countless, the ones in Azad Kashmir are surely amongst the most beautiful of them. Azad Kashmir offers panoramic and picturesque sights that’ll take your breath away. Most of the area wears a snow blanket in winters however, thick pine forests and lush green meadows reveal themselves when the snow melts. Azad Kashmir features scenic freshwater glacial lakes, rivers and snow-capped peaks.If you’re seeking refuge from the hectic city life, Azad Kashmir is surely the way to go. Here are the top 10 and Etc tourist attractions in Azad Kashmir that you simply cannot resist visiting.
|Location:||Azad Kashmir Pakistan|
|Name:||Tourist place in Kashmir|
|In Urdu:||کشمیر میں سیاحوں کی جگہ|
|Anthem:||Watan Hamara Azad Kashmir|
|Type:||Self-governing State under Pakistani administration|
|Largest city :||New Mirpur City|
|Coordinates :||34.22°N 73.28°E|
|Founded:||October 24, 1947|
|Top Places in Kashmir:||Srinagar , Gulmarg , Sonamarg , Leh , Kupwara , Kathua , Kargil , Pulwama , Pahalgam , Hemis|
|Main Language(s):||Urdu (National & Official) and Pahari language|
|Body:||Azad Jammu & Kashmir Legislative Assembly|
|President :||Masood Khan|
|Prime Minister :||Farooq Haider Khan (Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
|Population :||(2017 Census)|
|Density :||300/km2 (790/sq mi)|
|Time zone :||PKT (UTC+5)|
|ISO 3166 code :||PK-JK|
|Union Councils :||182|
Pakistan is Home To Places
- Pakistan is home to places that forces you to marvel in the glory of fascinating natural beauty. One such place is Azad Kashmir, swamping of mesmeric areas that its existence makes one hard to believe.
- Of all the mesmerizing tourist attractions in Pakistan, Azad Kashmir is one that defies all other claims of supremacy. Nothing matches its vitality and it is nothing like anywhere else. No wonder, we still are quarreling with our noisy neighbors over hold of this Paradise.
- Azad Kashmir is a globally recognized heaven. It is all due to the vibrant green valleys that compel you to never bat your eyes once you catch sight of it. It is a place of waterways, abundant lakes and a wildlife adventure to experience. This piece of the nation is renowned all around the globe as high as mountains can be; lavish green valleys, powerful waterways, delightful lakes, and astonishing untamed life. Thinking of where to plan your next vacation? Europe can wait; you rather need to count on the top attractions in Pakistan.
- Following are the top attractions in Azad Kashmir you need to see:
Tourist attractions are required to be captivating. This one is for sure. You will find blue waters and greenery, as stunning as anything. This is God’s magnificent gift to mankind, fortunately, located in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. Anyone suggesting you top attractions in Pakistan would not forget Neelum Valley. It has many suburbs and small town villages, lakes, trekking drags, mountain passes and other sorts of grand highlights which find it among remarkable tourist attractions.
A famous town in Azad Kashmir which is also known to be a district headquarter of Poonch. An alluring valley amid high hills, located about 80 kilometers away from Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Since it is only 80 km, it surely means you can easily reach the area and make the most of it if you are the national capital or Rawalpindi. Being a northern area, it is bound to be a savage in winter, so it is always advised that you visit in summer. Summer season favors unfolding the ravishing beauty of Rawalakot. Getting around in this area, you must visit the famous tourist attractions of Tatta Pani, Sudhngalli and Toli Pir located here.
- You will definitely find your way here if you get around Rawalkot. This is ideally the area boasting a considerable amount of greenery. Green is the color you will find here mostly, followed by a little contouring by red. Above a clear lake are tall trees covering a large area beyond. You usually require heading out there in summer due to a hospitable weather, since temperature hardly exceeds 25°C. As warm as summer gets, winter is forbiddingly cooler, while snowfall sheaths it all around. Imagine having those photos in your camera – lovely! When the autumn season is on the brink, Banjosa is saturated in shades of gold and reddish brown.
- But what good is the lake? You can always propel a boat with sculls. Young people and ladies are always encouraged sculling during summer under the shade of those heavenly pine trees.
4. JHELUM VALLEY
- This particular valley of Azad Kashmir is a host of domestic and international tourists, crowding all around in summer. A natural wonder that people seem to find is the curling river passing from East to West amid the gigantic mountains. A region called, “Leepa Valley” in Jhelum is one of the popular tourist attractions people long to visit.
- In summer, ripened rice fields emerge in full swing and contemporary wooden houses of inhabitants showcase a picturesque view. Cherries like you have never tasted before, the size of people you have never seen before and Walnut, oh that cracking walnut is a treat you can only get, nowhere other than Jhelum Valley in Azad Kashmir.
This astonishing land comes on an ascending, bordered by River Jehlum, this tourist attraction in Azad Kashmir is asking for your cameras. Not really a stronghold anymore, Ramkot Fort bespeaks of a contemporary Muslim military design of buildings. The background of this fort belongs to 5th and 9th centuries which left behind its relics, discovered and removed by Muslim leaders during the 17th century. This area lays the foundation of excitement for people struck with wanderlust.
- Just look at it! Just look at how far it goes. It seems to have everything in terms of greenery you could ask for in a location. A famous peak that you will find your way about if you head to Rawalkot, or if you are not aware of it, you will learn about it while your stay in Rawalkot. Located 8800′ above sea level, this peak makes you feel like you are on top of everything.
- Head to Toli Pir in the final months of Spring; the climate is favorable. The rest of the months it is just chilling due to its high altitude. Also, in order to explore the area to its maximum potential, it is always advisable to visit from April to early October.
- Situated in the capital of Azad Kashmir, Muzaffarabad, this area is one of the top tourist attractions in Pakistan. Pir Chinsai is an astounding spot to explore. You are on the run for your patience as well as your safety. Despite its alluring location, you always require being very cautious of moving around.
- Its history would introduce you to Hazrat Shah Hussain – a Saint of Greater Kashmir, whose Shrine is basically located in this area. A state-of-the-art nature of excellence exuded in every corner of this area. The lavishing greenery is what attracts tourists from all across Pakistan. Surrounding the area are pine and oak trees which bloom during summer, while remain blanketed in snow during winters.
- Don’t mean to steal your words, but yes, this is a STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!
- Could you believe this is Pakistan? Certainly, this the kind of location that would force you to rub your eyes twice to acknowledge reality. The Leepa Valley definitely uplifts the value of Azad Kashmir as one of the top tourist attractions in Pakistan. Opened in May to November for voyagers in a most welcoming climate you can find in Azad Kashmir. Approaching in the area are high mountains and tall pine trees, this area is easily accessible from Muzaffarabad. There is also many facilities of commuting in local jeeps that operate from after you cross Reshian.
- It is known to be one of the forts in Pakistan you must visit. This fort is a top zone for archaeologists and travel fanatics who like to glimpse in the history of this region.
- You might think of it as a ruin now, but it has withstood many disasters and is in need of improvement. Yet, this area is a marvelous work of art. It is also known as Muzaffarabad Fort, so do not be confused. This location is a popular heritage site of Azad Kashmir which has seen many foreign tourists showing up as well.
- Simply offering everything that speaks of wonderful mother nature. Show up in this area during May to August; the climate is your friend and the facilities provided to reach here are top-notch. You can easily board a Jeep from Kel, Neelum Valley.
- If you are fond of camping, do not hesitate because many tourists also seem to find it as a perfect camping spot. Due to it being favorable for camping more than hoteling, you find other accommodation facilities here. The Shounter lake may be small but it is surely worth a sight should you board a Jeep from Kel. All in all, the magnificent geography of this area short lists it in one of the top tourist attractions in Azad Kashmir.
- Now that you are overwhelmed by the fanatic beauty of Azad Kashmir, plan your next vacation here. Imagine all these sights if you get to experience it all for real. Take your sense of adventure and love of your country in exploring Azad Kashmir.