Syed Iftikhar Hussain Shah
Served as pilot in PMA
with Imran Khan
Ankara Scene wishes Ambassador Shah
joined PTI in 2016
ProfileLieutenant General Syed Iftikhar Hussain Shah was born on 14 March in 1949. He is a graduate of Royal Military College of Science Shrivenham (UK), Command and Staff College Quetta and National Defence College. Iftikhar Hussain Shah was commissioned in the Pakistan Army in October 1964 in 30th PMA Long Course and joined an anti-aircraft unit of the Regiment of Artillery. He later joined and graduated from Army Aviation School to become a pilot in the army.
CareerThe list of his huge career is summarized below:
- He has served as instructor at the Pakistan Military Academy, School of Army Air Defence and Air Force Staff College.
- He has served in Saudi Arabia and also in India where he was Defence and Army Attaché.
- In 1993, Iftikhar Hussain Shah served in Inter-Services Intelligence as the Deputy DG of External Wing under Lt Gen Javed Ashraf Qazi.
- He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General in 1996 and remained Director General Joint Staff in Joint Staff Headquarters and commanded Army Air Defence Command.
- After his retirement from the Army in the year 2000 he was appointed Minister for Communications and later he became Governor of NWFP, a position which he held for 4 and a half year.
- He has served as an Ambassador in Turkey. He has served as an advisor with UN in Pakistan.
- Presently he is working as the MD Zulfiqarabad Development Authority (ZDA).