Message From Vice Chancellor
At the outset, I would like to extend my hearty welcome to all of you. I assure you that your sojourn here will shape you into well-groomed and responsible citizens of our society .This is the place where we help our youth to develop themselves to their potential.
This University has its main Campus at Khairpur, with one Campus in Shikarpur.
A proposal to establish two more campuses, one each in Ghotki and Kandhkot is under consideration.
Since its establishment, Shah Abdul Latif
University has consistently provided top quality education and training to students. The University has, therefore played a pivotal role in the development of Upper Sindh. The University currently comprises six faculties and twenty eight departments.
My vision is to ensure that our University will shine above the rest in the country.
My priorities are to ensure the welfare of our students, to improve academic quality, and to ensure the welfare of faculty members and administrative staff. I am pleased to tell you that the Higher Education Commission (HEC)
has recently ranked Shah Abdul Latif University as 5th best general university of Pakistan in medium category. It is indeed an honor for all of us.
Remember, you are ambassadors of our University. The society will recognize Shah Abdul Latif University as an institution from what you achieved. I wish you all the best in your future career as students of this University.  Vice Chancellor
To develop human resources & capabilities to meet national development needs through quality teaching, learning & research. “Youth Empowerment” is one of the main objectives of the University.  University Vision
- To provide affordable and accessible quality Under-Graduate, Graduate and Post-Graduate degree Programs, national and international in scope.
- To impart learner-centered teaching through qualified faculty using modern teaching aids and methodologies.
- To create and promote quality research environment, provide consulting faculties to Industrial/Business & services sector with a realization of needs of community and national responsibility towards economic growth and welfare.
- To build national character and put focus on production of quality graduates to contribute in the economic, industrial and social development of the country.
- To promote a campus environment that welcomes and honor women and men and an atmosphere that values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and academic freedom and integrity  University Mission
WHY STUDY SALU
Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur provides a unique opportunity to the students to study in the fields of Natural Sciences, Physical Science, Social Sciences, & Arts and Management Sciences. It is the only University in Upper Sindh which is catering for the academic needs in various disciplines.
Shah Abdul Latif University is one of the young and fast growing universities of Pakistan
. It is staffed by more than 200 well-qualified faculty members working in 26 departments. Most of the faculty members are young and foreign qualified. Teaching in SALU is very innovative. It is backed up by the state-of-the-art audio visual teaching tools to prepare students as per market demand and groom them to meet the challenges of competitive market of the day. As a result, most of the graduates of SALUhave secured professional and other jobs in public and private sector.  STUDY @ SALU
Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur is located in the heartland of Upper Sindh i.e. Khairpur, a former state that joined Pakistan in 1955. The main Campus is located near National Highway and is easily reachable by air, railway and bus services. Sukkur airport is on half an hour drive and Khairpur Railway station is (05) kilometers away from the main Campus.
The beauty of the University lies in the fact that it is surrounded by famous archaeological sites: Mohenjo Daro, Kot Diji Rohri Hills, Nara Desert, religious shrines of Sadhu Bella, Shrine of Sachal Sarmast, barrage and bridges (Lloyds Barrage and Lansdowne and Ayoub Bridges) and culturally rich land where people are very friendly and hospitable.
The present campus of the University covers an area of 340 acres land with lush green lawns, play grounds, and trees. It is located just three kilometers from Khairpur town. The landscape of the University includes three canals at a walking distance, which serve as an excellent picnic spots for the students and the faculty. The University has over 8000 students in various programs. About 70 percent of students are male and 30 percent female. There are eight students’/researchers’ hostels (including three for girls) The University also provides an abundant transport facility that fetches male and female students and majority of them commute daily from their homes.  STUDY @ SALU Location
Aims And Objectives
- 1) In this dynamic age of science & technology and competitive business environment, University provides opportunity for acquiring quality education and develops among the learners competitive edge, gaining new knowledge and insights into the fundamentals of Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and other disciplines to understand the world and universe in true colors.
- 2) Providing peaceful and congenial educational atmosphere without any break or disturbance in the morning and evening hours for imparting quality education.
- 3) In the University the teaching process will be to maintain the standard of excellence through the services of intellectuals, scientists, professionals, academicians and researchers.
- 4) Arrangements of local and foreign qualified faculty members for quality education, creating opportunity of foreign scholarships, training and development facilities for teachers for strengthening their teaching and research skills.
- 5) Development and innovation of scientific labs, computer labs, and installation of latest equipment in the laboratories for practice of the students and researchers.
- 6)Taking endeavors for the development of quality infrastructure for the students, faculty and supporting staff by providing classrooms furniture, lecture halls, well-equipped laboratories, sports complexes, playgrounds, hostels, transport and accommodation, etc.
- 7) Establishment of information system for quick academic & administrative information to students, faculty, administration & the public.
- 8) To provide higher education, by establishing important academic department on the Campus to impart education in various fields of Science, Arts & Commerce.
- 9) To devise design and develop new technologies suited to different and varied needs of the community and the nation.
- 10) To strengthen educational consultancy and advisory service of Shah Abdul Latif University in order to improve the socio-economic conditions in the region.  Aims And Objectives
- 1) Quaid-i-Azam Scholarship:- Every year the Ministry of Education, Govt. of Pakistan through the Higher Education Commission, awards one Quaid-i-Azam Scholarship for higher studies abroad. Students securing first and second positions in the University Examinations are eligible to compete for the Scholarship.
- 2) Merit Scholarship: - The merit scholarships are awarded every year for higher studies abroad by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of Pakistan through the Higher Education Commission. Students securing first and second positions in the Faculties of Arts and Science in the Master’s Program are entitled to compete for it.
- 3) Zila Council Scholarship: - The Zila Councils in province of Sindh offer a number of scholarships to the deserving University students on the basis of merit.
- 4) Mora Scholarship:- TheMora scholarships are awarded bythe Chairman Zakkat Committee of every District to the deserving students.
- 5) Scholarship (LU Biscuits):- The Scholarships from LU Biscuits are awarded by Nawabzada Hassan Ali Khan to the deserving students.
- 6) JICA: - TheJICA Scholarships are awarded by the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad to the deserving students.
- 7) Bhittai Scholarship: - TheBhittai Scholarships are awarded by Ms Sharood Hassan Ali Khan to the deserving students.
- 8) Freeships & Bursaries:- Full and half freeship in tuition fees and bursaries are granted each year to the deserving students as per following ratio:
- 9) Freeship 10% of the enrolled students and bursaries 2.5% of the enrolled students.  University Scholarships
ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
- Educational Counseling & Guidance Center
The students take educational course without realizing their potential, abilities and skills. The students will be provided guidance, counseling on the basis of scientific investigation to choose programs of studies suited to their genius. The students take course without realizing what vocation/occupation is best suited to them. Thus, there is a mismatch between what they choose and what they are best equipped for. This Center will help to minimize the mismatch and rush for disciplines that do not hold much promise for students’ future.
- Central Library
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Hostel Facilities  SUPPORT SERVICES
- Arts & Languages
- Institute of English Language and Literature
- -- Institute of Islamic Studies
- -- Institute of Foreign Languages (IFL)
- -- Sindhi
- -- Urdu
- Natural Sciences
- -- Biochemistry
- -- Botany
- -- Institute of Chemistry
- -- Microbiology
- -- Pharmacy
- -- Zoology
- Physical Sciences
- -- Archaeology
- -- Computer Science
- -- Geography
- -- Mathematics
- -- Physics & Electronics
- -- Statistics
- Social Sciences
- -- Economics
- -- Institute of International Relations
- -- Institute of Gender Studies
- -- Media Studies
- -- Pakistan Studies
- -- Political Science
- -- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto School of Law
- -- Sociology
- Management Sciences
- -- Business Administration
- -- Commerce
- -- Public Administration
- -- Department of Teacher Education
- -- Institute of Education  University Facilities
- Pre-Entry Score/Merit
- Procedure & Eligibility Criteria
- BS/B.Com/BPA/BBA/BA-LLB/Pharm-D Programs
- M.A/M.Sc/M.Com/MPA/MBA programs
- Distance Education Program
- MS/M.Phil & Ph.D programs
- Procedure to Apply For Admission
- The Fees Structure for Admissions
- Allocations of Seats
- Discipline & Rules
- Conduct and Discipline of Students
The Examinations Wing of Shah Abdul Latif University deals with the results and examinations of enrolled candidates from all affiliated colleges and University Internal Examinations.
t is divided into two major sections.
Annual Examinations Wings deals in all type of annual examinations held in all affiliated colleges of the University they offer Annual Degree program such as BA/BSc/B.Com/B.Ed./L.LB or MA/M.Ed etc.
Semester Examinations Wing deals in all type of semester examinations held in the University, its Campus and affiliated colleges offers professional degrees such as BS(CS/IT)/BBA/B.Ed or MBA/M.Ed etc.
Two Controller of Examinations Prof. Dr. Syed Asif Ali Shah Annual side and Mr. Barkat-ullah Qurechi Semester Side heads their respective sections. Annual Examinations
Created By: Zeeshan Ali
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks