BiographySaher Tareen is a new emerging talent in Pakistani Fashion industry, the designer is known for designing prÃ©t luxurious collection. Saher Tareen is an emerging new fashion designer and has showcased her chic prét collection at 10th PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2014. Recently, the designer revealed Luxury Pret Capsule Collection “Neo Nouveau ” inspired by the Art Nouveau Movement of the early twentieth century on Fashion Parade. The aim of the collection is to bring these elements together in an up to date and edgy way thereby merging high art with ready to wear fashion. Saher is the new face of Pakistan fashion industry and she has received welcoming response by the fashionistas in prét fashion landscape.
CareerShe started making sketches for her friends in fifth grade, so since she was ten there was something there.When she realised that she has a unique point of view to express as a designer, there was no going back! She is a completely self-taught and have learnt on the job, through experimenting endlessly with fabrics and patterns. Of course there has to be a natural flair, otherwise it doesn't work. For her Fashion at its best is a work of art. Designing is an intensely creative process. When asked about her mentor she said that she dont have a mentor , but she respect the history behind BuntoKazmiâs design house. she love the old world charm of Guddo of Sozankaar. Sana and Safinaz are two women in the industry whom she admire. And she is excited by the innovation of the more contemporary designers as well.
Interview with Seher Tareen
- Fav. vacation spot: A London.
- What perfume do you wear: I love collecting perfumes so it keeps changing according to my mood. Currently, Do Son by Diptyque.
- Fav. restaurant: An Italian restaurant from my college days in Toronto, Bellini's.And The Promenade at The Dorchester in London. It's a tie.
- What makes you impatient? People being disorganised while travelling!
- Addicted to: Chocolate.
- Secret talent: Math.
- You hate it when you see people wearing: Anything for the sake of being trendy.
- Your closet is a shrine to? Delicious things.
- Favourite designer: Georgina Chapman of Marchesa.
- Oldest item in your closet? My grandmother's saris.
- Brain or brawn:Â Brain!
- Love or money: Strength of character trumps both.
- Fav. piece of furniture in your home? It's not furniture, but two paintings in my bedroom; one that my mother painted for me, and another that I painted for my son.
- In your DVD player right now: Empires (documentaries about various empires through history).
- Book on your bedside table drawer: To be honest I prefer reading articles. The last book I read was in audio form.
- Most typically Pakistani thing about you: I speak Saraiki.
- Who/what makes you laugh uncontrollably? Only a few (lucky) people!
- When are you happiest ? When I m with my son.
Zohra Rehman and Seher Tareen New Collection
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.