- Besides Mumtaz Tamman and Hayat Tamman, eight other candidates are also contesting the elections. These include Raja Naseeb Khan, Muhammad Ayub, Pathan Khan, Malik Akhtar Hussain, Yar Muhammad, Yasir Malik, Ali Khan Awan and a female candidate Maqsood Begum.
- Earlier, PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif had awarded ticket to a party
- worker, Malik Kabir, but changed the candidate after reviewing the situation in the constituency.
Political History of Tamman
PML_Q Member Joining The PML_N
- Mr Taman said despite using the government machinery and resources, the former CM would face a historical defeat in the upcoming general elections as he had decided to contest from NA- 61 against the wishes of the people.
- Claiming that his family has political influence in Chakwal district and full support of Majid Malik, Mr Tamman expressed the confidence that candidates fielded by Pakistan People’s Party for National and provincial assembly seats would surely win the elections. Sardar Maqsood Hayat Tamman, former chairman of the Chakwal District Council and brother of Mansoor Hayat Tamman, was also present on the occasion.
- Senator Safdar Abbasi welcomed Hayat Tamman’s decision and hoped it would help increase the party’s vote bank in the area.
- Senator Abbasi said PPP would invite all the like-minded parties to build a consensus on benchmark for free and fair elections.
- “Charter of demands is in fact a benchmark for free and fair elections and it mainly focuses on empowerment of people through transparent polls,” he said.
- PPP-led Alliance for Restoration of Democracy (ARD) had held talks with the All Parties Democratic Movement (APDM) to draw a Charter of Demands for free and fair elections. Both the sides had agreed on 13 out of the 15 points of the charter except for two including reinstatement of former judges
Election 2013 Current Situation
- Sardar Mumtaz Khan is a Pakistani politician, and parliamentarian. He was elected a member of national assembly on a ticket of Pakistan Muslim League (N) from NA-61 (Chakwal) in Pakistani general election, 2013.
- General elections were held on 11 May 2013. Sardar Mumtaz Khan of PML-N won by 114,282 votes by defeating Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and became the member of National Assembly.
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.