Sardar Muhammad Yousaf
Sardar Muhammad Yousaf
- Sardar Muhammad Yousaf born on 1st June 1952 in small village jalgali of District Mansehra. He starts his politics against the federal system and fight for the rights of tenant and lower middle class.
- His political career started with membership of the district council in 1979, winning a provincial assembly seat in 1985 and 1990 independently. He won the Pakistan National Assembly seat for Mansehra for three consecutive terms (1990, 1993, 1996 and 2013).
- After being elected as District Nazim he worked hard for the rehabilitation of the survivors of the 2005 devastating earthquake. His major contribution is resolving the issue of NOC for the poor tenants. Now he has joined hands with the Hazara Action Committee for the rights of Hazarewal people and he is the convener of the Hazara Action Committee. His son, Sardar Shahjahan Yousuf who also won MNA twice and currently State Minister of PTT, was the first member who opposed the name Khyber-Pukhtunkhawa in the national assembly. He protested and Asif Zardari, president, to not use the name Khyber-Pukhtinkhawa during his speech to the joint session.
- Sardar Muhammad Yousaf , Recently came to prominence for opposing the renaming of the NWFP to Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.He criticised the President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari, for referring to the province as Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa – saying this was unconstitutional and done to please coalition partners. He along with other nazims of the Districts of Hazara Division opposed the name change. If the province was renamed in line with the proposal from the Awami National Party then, according to Sardar Muhammad Yousuf, a creation of a Hazara Province would be justified.
- In 2013 election, people of Mansehra again trusted him and knowledge his struggles, hard work for them and elected the Member of National Assembly from NA-20 huge lead on his opponent. PML (N) leader Mian Muhammad Nawaz sharif appreciated the result of Dist Mansehra . he took oath as Federal Minister for religious affair and Minority, faith and Harmony .
Personal DetailHe was born in Jalgali Batal Mansehra, Pakistan. He started his political career in 1979as he won a provisional assembly seat in 1985 and 1990
Brief SummerySardar Muhammad Yousuf is a Pakistani politician and is currently working as Federal Minister of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony and as a former District Nazim of Mansehra District in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Sardar Muhammad Yousuf is a member and holds many various party positions in Pakistan Muslim League. In 2013 he successfully organized Hajj Operation.
PML-N Muhammad YousafHe joined the PML-N political party in 2013; he invited Nawaz Sharif to a rally in city Mansehra during the election campaign and after that, he contested the election in 2013 on PML ticket from NA-20 constituency.
- Yousuf was elected the member of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the first time in Pakistani general election, 1985. He was re-elected as the member of the Provincial Assembly in Pakistani general election, 1990.
- In Pakistani general election, 1990, he was elected as the member of the National Assembly of Pakistan for the firs time. In Pakistani general election, 1993 he was re-elected as the member of the National Assembly for the second time and for the third time in Pakistani general election, 1997. He served as District Nazim of Mansehra District.
- Sardar Muhammad Yousaf has been sworn in as Federal Minister on June 07, 2013 in the first batch of ministers.
- Sardar Muhammad Yousaf son of Sardar Shah Zaman candidate of PML-N defeated PTI candidate, Muhammad Azam Khan Swati in the elections held on May 11, 2013.
- Sardar Muhammad Yousaf bagged 105432 votes while the runner-up Mr. Muhammad Azam Khan Swati got 73860 votes.