Sana Mir Age Family Education
- Talking about her personal life she has moved from place to place in Pakistan a lot. The cricketer’s family background is that of a small humble family from Abbotabad. Her parents are Kashmiri. Her father served in the Pakistani Army and hence the family had to move a lot. Currently, Sana Mir age is 30. Sana Mir height is 5 feet 7 inches approximately. Her date of birth is 5th January, 1986. The wiki on Sana Mir mentions that she began her early studies in Rawalpindi and did her matriculation from Taxila.
- She completed her education (her Inter and bachelor’s) from one of the college that comes under the Karachi University. Her nationality is Pakistani. The commendable thing about Sana Mir is that she never compromised with her studies. But when it came to studying engineering or playing cricket, her father supported her in choosing the latter. She has no political affiliations.
- The cricketer profile of Sana Mir is quite strong. Her debut match in ODI category was on the 28th of December 2005 against Sri Lanka. Her ODI stats are as follows – she has played 66 ODI matches and has scored total ODI runs of 766. Her batting average is 14.18 and her top score is 49. There has not been any test debut for her. Her T20 stats are pretty admirable as she led her team to the first ever tournament wins in the categories of ODI and T20.
- She has taken 41 T20 wickets after playing 41 matches. Sana Mir bowling speed is medium pace ad she has given her best performance in ODI as 5/33 and in T20 as 4/13. She has survived much injury but that is part and parcel of the game. Being the captain of the team she has to resolve a lot of fights.
- Sana Mir batting style is right handed. The T20 runs of this cricketer are 324 in 41 matches. She is the best ever female Pakistani cricketer in the team and she has changed the game after she took the helm in the hands. She has not been in any controversy as of yet. The Pakistani bowler Sana Mir has instilled hope in her team members with so many wins. The cricketer Sana Mir was also chosen to do the Pepsi advertisement that was aired in Pakistan.
- She has captained all the matches from 2009 till now. She has taken a commendable number of wickets. Her bowling style is right arm off spin. She has not made many bowling records but the 4/13 is a very lovely performance. The T20 world cup 2016 is round the corner and her performance in the upcoming matches will define her ICC world ranking.
- She has also said that the country needs more sporting facilities to support its female players. For her she was really lucky to have the support of the family and has also called out to parents in Pakistan to be more accepting of their children’s career choices. Although she was a Vice Captain before this she learnt a lot from the previous captain Mumaaz. Sana Mir has redefined the Pakistani Women’s Cricket for everyone associated with it and has made it enjoyable for everyone.
Love Life Marriage
- The cricketer is too busy plying her favorite sport to indulge in love affairs. Sana Mir dating history is not generally talked about. She shares an amicable relationship with her team mates and does not have a boyfriend. She takes more interest in the game that in her love life. She has not been married yet and has said in an interview that a wedding is not in the cards right now.
- Sana Mir is at the peak of her Cricket career but her fans and followers always made gossips on her husband name. She said that all these gossips are distraction in her sports career and she doesn’t mind it at all. She also said that she is enough mature to find her groom herself. However she has said that in case she decides to get married then she will balance both personal and professional life. The husband of Sana Mir will be lucky to have a girl like her.
- On 4 May 2009, Mir was handed the Pakistan captaincy for the Women's World Twenty20. She had formerly been vice-captain under Urooj Mumtaz, who remained in the squad. Mir's duties as vice-captain were handed over to Nain Abidi
- Mir retained the captaincy for the forthcoming ICC Women's Cricket Challenge in South Africa.
- At the 2010 Asian Games, Mir led the team to a gold medal.
- By Winning the National Championship for the fourth time in a row, Sana Mir has become the most successful captain of Pakistan at domestic level. Her team has not yet to lose a game at domestic level in the past four years.
- Sana Mir also led the Pakistan team to their first ever tournament win in both the T20 and ODI formats when they played in Sri Lanka in 2011. The teams in the quadrangular cup were Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Ireland, and the Netherlands. She was also awarded the Women of the Match title in the T20 quadrangular-cup final against the Netherlands.
- At Domestic cricket, the ZTBL team has won the first ever BB tournament and 7th National championship under her Captaincy. This makes it 5 in a, Mir has become the first ever female cricketer from Pakistan to be awarded Tamgha-e-Imtiaz on 23 March 2012, for her services in cricket.
Top ICC ODI RankingsSana Mir, who is making us proud from last many years through her achievements in the field of cricket has once again made all the Pakistani's feel overjoyed and delighted by becoming Pakistan's first female cricket to top the ICC ODI ranking yesterday on 23rd October 2018 and she is the only Pakistani bowler in the women's cricket to secure the number one spot in this ranking.
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.