Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan Biography
Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan with his son
Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan elected as MPA
Iqbal Khan served as an acting governor of Punjab
Pakistan Muslim League N
Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan BiographyMuhammad Iqbal Khan hails from Kasur is a Pakistani Politician who is performing as a member of the Provincial Assembly for the sixth time after electing in the 2018 Pakistan General Elections. He is attached to Pakistan Muslim League N and remained the Governor of Punjab for a long time. He is an ex-Minister for Live Stock and Dairy Development. He is married and has seven children.
Muhammad Iqbal ageHe was born on 20th April 1945 in District Karnal, India. Later his family moved to Pakistan after the Partition. Currently, he is living in Kasur from where he also competes for the elections.
Education of IqbalHe did his schooling from D.B. High School, Bhai Pheroo. Afterward, he attained his degree of Bachelor from Islamia College, Civil Lines, Lahore. He has a degree in LLB that he acquired from the University of Punjab.
Muhammad Iqbal FamilyHe belongs to the Political family background. His father, Rana Phool Muhammad Khan, has worked as a member of the Provincial Assembly. One of his cousins, Rana Mohammad Hayat Khan, is likewise a Pakistani Politician who is a member of the National Assembly while his other cousin Rana Muhammad Ishaq Khan is also an MNA.
- He gave a start to his Political Career in 1983 when he appointed as a Vice Chairman of the District Council till 1987. Afterward, he made the Chairman of the District Council that he served till 1993.
- He elected as a member of the Provincial Assembly in 1993 By-Elections unopposed, but unfortunately, the Assembly dismissed before he took an oath.
- He again was chosen as a member of the Provincial Assembly in 1993 Pakistan General Elections from the Constituency PP-149 (Kasur) while associated with Pakistan Muslim League N.
- After completing his tenure, he again got a chance to serve as MPA in 1997 Elections from the Constituency PP-149 (Kasur). After holding the seat, he made the Provincial Minister of Punjab for Livestock and Dairy Development and also the Minister of Punjab for Forest, Wildlife, Fisheries, and Tourism.
- He ran for the seat of the Provincial Assembly again in 2008 Pakistan General Elections from the Constituency PP-184 (Kasur-X) from the same party and still faced victory. He appointed Speaker of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab. In October 2008, he appointed acting Governor of Punjab.
- In 2013 Pakistan General Elections, he again became a member of the Provincial Assembly from the Constituency PP-184 (Kasur-X) as a part of the Pakistan Muslim League N. In June 2013, he made the Speaker of the Provincial Assembly by securing maximum votes. In 2015 after the resignation of acting governor of Punjab Mohammad Sarwar, he appointed at his post. In November 2017, he turned into the principal speaker of the Punjab Assembly to serve two entire congregations full term from 2008 to 2018. He furthermore turned into the longest-serving speaker of the Punjab Assembly for having in the workplace for over nine years, successively.
- He again raced for the Provincial Assembly seat in the 2018 Pakistan General Elections from the Constituency PP-181 (Kasur-VIII) and won the seat. On 16th August 2018, he removed from the post of Governor of Punjab.