Raja Muhammad Javed ikhlas Biography
Raja Muhammad Javed Ikhlas age
Muhammad Javed ikhlas
Raja Muhammad Javed Ikhlas party
Raja Muhammad Javed Ikhlas BiographyMuhammad Javed is a well-known figure in Rawalpindi and has been representing his constituency for the last 35 years. He served as a Parliamentary Secretary for Forestry, Wildlife, and Fisheries in the past. In 2005, he also worked as a Mayor of Rawalpindi for five years from 2005 to 2010. He has remained a member of several committees of Punjab Assemblies. He is a recipient of the National Defense College Award.
Javed date of BirthJaved opened his eyes on 5th October 1955, in Rawalpindi. Currently, he is still living there from where he likewise contest the elections.
Javed Ikhlas FamilyHe is the son of Raja Muhammad Ikhlas Khan. The family of Muhammad Ikhlas khan is known as one of the most powerful families in Rawalpindi. Political Career
Provincial Assembly of Punjab
- Ikhlas started his career of politics in 1979 when he became a member of the Union Council for the first time. He served as its member for four years from 1979 to 1983. In the 1985 general election, he was appointed as a member of the Provincial Assembly from PP-11. This tenure lasted for three years. He was re-elected again in the 1988 general election and became a member of the Provincial Assembly for the second time from PP11.
- This time, he contested the election from the ticket of Islami Jamhoori Ittihad (IJI). He also became the Parliamentary Secretary for Wildlife, Forestry and Tourism Department. During this time, he also served as the President of the Pakistan Muslim League for Rawalpindi District. He also served as a Chairman of Ushar and Zakat Committee and as a part of the District Council from 1983 to 1991.
- His third tenure as a member of Provincial Assembly started in 1990. He was re-elected in the 1990 general election from PP-11. It was his second time contesting the election from the ticket of Islami Jamhoori Ittihad. This time, he became the Parliamentary Secretary for Physical, Housing and Environmental Planning, and Development.
Joined PMLNIn the 1993 general election, Ikhlas was elected as a member of the Provincial Assembly for the fourth time from PP-11. It was the first time that he contested the election as a member of PMLN. He was appointed as a member of the Public Accounts Committee. From the same constituency, Ikhlas was re-elected as a Provincial Member of Punjab Assembly for the 5th time in the 1997 general election.
- Soon after the military takeover of Pervez Musharraf, he left PMLN and Joined PMLQ. PMLQ was the party headed by Shujaat Hussain, who later after the 2002 election formed the government in Punjab. In 2005, Javed Ikhlas was selected as Vice Mayor of Rawalpindi. He was lucky to go to different countries on official visits as a Vice Mayor of Rawalpindi. In 2005, he went to the Philippines to join the loan negotiations with Asian Development Bank. He was also a member of the National Defense College that visited China in 2005.
- For his courses that he covered in China and training as a Vice Mayor of Rawalpindi, he was awarded the National defense College Award at the Management and Professional Department in Lahore.
- In 2008, he contested the election as a Candidate of PMLQ from NA-51. His opponent was Raja Pervez Ashraf, who had won the previous election in 2002. As contesting against a strong opponent, he could not win his seat and lost to Pervez Ashraf and received 74, 242 votes. Pervez Ashraf got 80247 votes.
- In 2013 election Ikhlas stood victorious as he contested the election as a candidate of the stronger party, PMLN from NA-51. He defeated Pervez Ashraf of PPP with a huge margin and received 121296 while his opponent got only 67241 votes. His party formed the government in the country and 2014 and he was made the Federal Parliamentary Secretary for Cabinet Administration and Development Division.
- The last election in 2018 was a challenging contest. From NA-58, three powerful candidates were lined up to contest the election. They were Pervez Ashraf from PPP, Raja Javed from PMLN, and Muhammad Azeem from PTI. The constituency was the same NA-51 but it was re-named as NA-58. Though, Javed had defeated much stronger candidate than him, Pervez Ashraf in the previous election but the 2018 election could not be predicted.
- On 25th May 2018, the election was held and Raja Pervez Ashraf stood first contesting against 10 other candidates. Javed Ikhlas got 21% votes and stood third. Muhammad Azeem from PTI got 28% votes and was declared second.