Murad Saeed Biography
Murad Saeed and Reham Khan
Murad Saeed age
Murad Saeed case
Murad Saeed BiographyMurad's career started in student politics. While studying environmental studies at Peshawar University in 2007, he was shocked by the emergency imposed by Musharraf. Soon, he invited like-minded people and formed INSAF, a forum for justice. There was no looking back then. It led him to become the head of different youth forums in PTI and part of the Central Executive Committee. Later he became Member of Parliament in 2013. He also became the youngest member of the assembly. The 89000 votes achieved by him were the largest mandate achieved ever in the 44 years history of Swat.
Murad date of BirthHe was born in Kabal Swat on 17th October 1986. Currently, he is the resident of the same district.
Education of SaeedHe has done Bachelor's in Environmental Science from Peshawar University. He also had to face a case of a fake degree in Peshawar High Court. Saeed was accused of passing three papers in one hour. Murad took the stay order from the court. In 2018, the petition was dismissed.
Murad Saeed FamilyMurad was born in Kabal Swat. His father’s name is Saeed Ullah. Being part of a Pushton family, very lesser information is shared by him.
- The career of Murad started as a student leader. He is the founder of the Insaf Students Federation in KPK and served as its president until 2010. Before entering parliamentary politics, he served as Secretary-General of Youth Affairs, Chairman Advisory Council PTI, and Chairman Monitoring Cell PTI. Even before the rise of Pakistan Tahreek Insaaf, he was considered as the backbone of the Party. His powerful speeches and strong narrative became his identity.
- He was given the ticket for the National Assembly. When the election was contested in NA-4, in 2013 Pakistan General Elections, he won it by a record-breaking margin of 89000 votes that had never been achieved in the last 44 years in Swat. His popularity rose to new heights when he started to represent his party on electronic media. His powerful arguments, emotional style, and rough-spoken Urdu made a fan base for him in Pakistan.
- In 2018, once again, he won the seat of the National Assembly from the Constituency NA-4 (Swat-III) and became two times a member of the Parliament. He defeated Salim khan, a candidate of ANP, and got 71600 votes. This time, his party also made the government in the country. Murad was appointed as Minister for state and Frontier Regions. Just after a few days, his ministry was changed and he was appointed as Minister State for Communications. Next month, he got an additional ministerial portfolio of Postal Services. After two months, he was elevated as Federal Minister for Communication and Postal Services.
Performance as a Minister
- When the government was established, the country was in severe economic crisis. All the ministers were assigned the task to cut down the expenses of their ministries and also generate revenue. Prime Minister had already stated that the ministries would be assessed after 3 months. Soon after few months, Murad turned out to be a role model as a minister for others. During 2018-19, his ministry generated revenue of 43 billion rupees.
- The previous year's revenue generation was 28.64 billion rupees. The total increase was 14 billion rupees (51%) in one year. His Ministry of communication generated 14 billion rupees, which is a 51% increase in just one year. Many new initiatives were taken, and the Ministry was updated.
- It introduced e-billing, e-tendering, and new mobile apps to enhance transparency. In the previous government, the ministry received 3591000 and 4852000 in terms of TA & DA but he did not receive a single rupee from the government and have not claimed yet. He also increased the revenue of National High Way to a record 52% compared to the previous government.