Multan International Airport View
Multan International Airport Side View
Multan International Airport Inner View
Multan International Airport Rumway
- The airport also have the advanced CIP Lounge, State Lounge can be used by all first and business class passengers. The airport also introduced some dedicated ultramodern lounges. It has one business class lounge for premium passengers, one domestic economy class lounge, and one international economy class lounge.
- There are a number of banks and ATMs that passengers can use at the airport.
- The Airport offers many services to its Passengers and visitors, it has many restaurants, beverage and snack counters, Duty-free shops, Mosque, mobile recharging and Wi-Fi / internet points for the ease of passengers & visitors.
- On ground handling Pakistan International Airline, Shaheen Airport Services (SAPS), Airblue Ltd, Royal Airport Services (RAS) and Gerry's dnata are its handling agents
- Cargo Services are provided by Pakistan International Airline, International Cargo Service is provided by Emirates
- Multan Flying Club MFC is efficiently working as a flying institution in Multan
- (IATA: MUX, ICAO: OPMT)
- After the independence of Pakistan from the British raj, Pak Air, started operations from Multan Airport. In 1957, PIA started its operations from Airport. In 1963, due to growing numbers of flights and higher aircraft necessities, the runway, taxi-ways and aprons where constructed then new control tower was constructed to meet the technological changes. In 1971, as PIA had acquired Boeing aircraft, so the runway was extended to 2,743 by 30 m to handle more aircraft and more passengers at a time. The terminal building was also extended in 1977.
- In 1980–1988, the airport runway was braced for the arrival of the Airbus A300. Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority upgraded the airport in 2005. The runway was upgraded.
- In 2010, PM Yousuf Raza Gilani carried out the ground breaking ceremony for the terminal building and inaugurated the first PIA flight.
- In June, 2010 achievement of new rigid runway of 10500 feet length prepared with Cat-I AFL system and ILS / localizer system. In January, 2011 new Fire station was started including 8 x garages to meet the ICAO Fire Category-9. In July, 2011 new apron was started which was capable of handling 2 wide body and 2 narrow bodied aircrafts. In April, 2012 AFL operation was Shifted of to new vault room.
- In May, 2012 ASF staff colony was completed and in June, 2013new ATC tower was fixed.
- In September, 2013 new car parking facilities and its operations for straight reporting of Hujjaz at the airport with discontinuation of Haji Camp. In October, 2013there was an Inauguration of new CAA Mosque by DGCAA.
- In August, 2014 CAA colony, CAA officers and staff Messes and new cargo building was constructed. In December, 2014 new 11 KV electric supply connection was installed in the airport
- Since this Airport has been constructed so many airlines all over the world are being part of it after Pakistan’s liberation. Here are the names of some big Airlines:
- From Asian Airlines including Middle East: Air India, Sri Lankan Airlines, Kazakhstan Airlines, Uzbekistan airlines, Syrian Airline, Jordanian airline, Kyrgyzstan Airlines, Kuwait Airways, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Kuwait Airways, Gulf Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Malaysian Airline, Philippine Airlines etc…
- From Europe: Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Scandinavian Airlines, KLM Dutch Airlines, Air France,
- From Australia: It was only Qantas Airlines which was operating from Australia.
- From Africa: Nigeria Airways, Ethiopian Airlines etc
- One business class lounge for premium passengers.
- One domestic economy class lounge.
- One international economy class lounge.
- One CIP lounge for VVIP and foreign diplomats.
- Subway, Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, refreshment and gift shops available within lounge.
- Duty Free shops available at international arrivals & international departure lounge.
- Free internet WiFi Facilities powered by Wateen Telecom.
- Mobile charging stations within departure lounge provided by Voice Mobile / United Mobile Pakistan
- Prayer rooms available in the Departure Lounge separately for Ladies & Gents.
- All International departing passengers are required to check the validity of passport and ticket information prior to the departure. Also passengers are required to check the information on security, immigration and customs from the airport website prior to the departure.
- To ensure a smooth departure from MIAP Airport, passengers are advised to check information on guidelines for liquids, aerosols and gels in carry-on baggage on airport website when packing baggage.
- Departing passengers are advised to arrive at the airport 01 to 02 hours (for Domestic Flights) and 04 hours (for International Flights) prior to the scheduled time of departure of the flight.
- Passengers can find the location of check-in counters for their respective airline on the display monitors located in briefing area on top of the briefing counters.
- For more information, please contact to the respective airline. The Airlines information is available at the BBIAP Website.
- Air Conditioning
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Disabled Access
- Flight Information Monitor