MissionKeeping in view the inherit expertise “MKRF envisions that use the power of communication for social change can make this world just, more tolerant and free from poverty.”
VisionMKRF works to develop a secure, productive and just communities as well as vibrant civil society through active research, learning and innovative development initiatives.
- Leadership: We always want to be one step ahead through our innovative solutions for complex development issues.
- Participation: We ensure participation of multidisciplinary stakeholders from planning to execution as sustainable change that demands a broad expertise base.
- Empowerment: We believe in empowerment of communities providing them informed environment and making them socially, culturally and economically more active and vibrant.
- Transformation: We strive for change and transformation in result of empowerment.
Emergency ResponseEmergency response is one of the key areas of focus of MKRF’s work, which has proven its effectiveness during many worst crises of recent times , either it is crises of Tsunami, Earthquake or IDPs of Swat or most recent devastating floods in the country, MKRF provides support to government intuitions, relief agencies having extensive experience and local organizations upholding local relationships. MKRF delivers help within days, when needs are most crucial and an immediate response can make the greatest impact on the lives who needs it. MKRF through its flagship emergency communication program ‘PUKAAR’ has collaborated with organizations of repute to pool physical and human resources and explore learning opportunities to reinforce emergency response capabilities.
EducationEducation is globally recognized as the basic of building block for human development and poverty reduction. Ranging from primary to higher as well as technical education, it gives an opportunity to learn, empower and contribute fully to the development of the lives of communities. MKRF has an active focus to impart education and promote it through its innovative projects:
- Community Technology Learning Centre
- In the field of education, IT Education has found its own place; Information Technology is growing and becoming driving force in IT intensive global society. MKRF has focused on this rapidly changing technology as well as need of IT education and development.
- Parho Aagey Barrho
- PAB is an educational campaign aiming to develop and improve reading habits in the country as well as increase awareness on importance of education in this challenging world. The campaign is a tribute to the legacy of Mir Khalil ur Rahman – Founder of Jang group.
GET INVOLVEDBy getting involved with MKRF, business organizations, NGOs, students, youth, women, professionals having substantial experience in any field may be part of our programmes in any of following capacities.
- MKRF seeks partnerships with all sphere of society – businesses, donors, civil society organizations, government institutions to further its development agenda. Usually partnerships are made to mobilize human & physical resources and undertaking joint activities.
- Corporate: Corporations, businesses, trade organizations may partnered with MKRF through their Corporate Social Responsibility Programs & Cause-Related Marketing Programs
- Development: National and international NGOs, CSOs, development agencies, government department and institutions may join us a Partners-in-Development.
PARTNERSSince its inception, MKRF has made its strategic thrust for networking and partnership from community based organizations to national and international organizations and institutions. MKRF works in partnership with governments, corporations, trade associations, broadcasters, media professionals and civil society institutions to deliver its programmes. We also partner with UN agencies, national and international NGOs for development programmes and projects. Business or social development organizations including CBOs & NGOs may support us to achieve common development objectives.
- Jang Group
- Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry –CSR Committee
- HBL – Management Development Institute
- The Asia Foundation
- Lions Club International
- Boy Scouts Association
- PAF Museum
- PIA -Emergency Response Centre
- Asra Welfare Association
Over Rs.1bn collected in Pukar TelethonRAWALPINDI:Rs1,104,000,000 have so far been collected for the flood-affected people by the three Geo TV telethons organised by the Mir Khalil-ur-Rahman Foundation (MKRF) and Imran Khan’s “Pukar”.
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.