Mir Khalil ur Rahman Foundation is a Pakistan based non-profit organization formed in 2004 and is dedicated to using media as a tool for social betterment and for empowering people to engage with their communities. The driving force behind MKR Foundation, is the dynamic and generous personality of Mir Khalil Ur Rahman, founder of Jang Group, whose contribution besides creating colossal media empire under the most hostile economic circumstances was also to provide this nation a vision to read.
Keeping in view the inherit expertise “MKRF envisions that use the power of communication for social change can make this world just, more tolerant and free from poverty.”
MKRF works to develop a secure, productive and just communities as well as vibrant civil society through active research, learning and innovative development
- Leadership: We always want to be one step ahead through our innovative solutions for complex development issues.
- Participation: We ensure participation of multidisciplinary stakeholders from planning to execution as sustainable change that demands a broad expertise base.
- Empowerment: We believe in empowerment of communities providing them informed environment and making them socially, culturally and economically more active and vibrant.
- Transformation: We strive for change and transformation in result of empowerment.  MKRF works
Within defied mission & vision, MKR Foundation has a very holistic and integrated approach that seeks to bridge learning, development and communication to address pressing issues faced by the society, market and public sector, currently following thematic areas are the fundamental part of MKRF’s work:
Emergency response is one of the key areas of focus of MKRF’s work, which has proven its effectiveness during many worst crises of recent times , either it is crises of Tsunami, Earthquake or IDPs of Swat
or most recent devastating floods in the country, MKRF provides support to government intuitions, relief agencies having extensive experience and local organizations upholding local relationships. MKRF delivers help within days, when needs are most crucial and an immediate response can make the greatest impact on the lives who needs it. MKRF through its flagship emergency communication program ‘PUKAAR’ has collaborated with organizations of repute to pool physical and human resources and explore learning opportunities to reinforce emergency response capabilities.
Education is globally recognized as the basic of building block for human development and poverty reduction. Ranging from primary to higher as well as technical education, it gives an opportunity to learn, empower and contribute fully to the development of the lives of communities. MKRF has an active focus to impart education and promote it through its innovative projects:
- Community Technology Learning Centre
- In the field of education, IT Education has found its own place; Information Technology is growing and becoming driving force in IT intensive global society. MKRF has focused on this rapidly changing technology as well as need of IT education and development.
- Parho Aagey Barrho
- PAB is an educational campaign aiming to develop and improve reading habits in the country as well as increase awareness on importance of education in this challenging world. The campaign is a tribute to the legacy of Mir Khalil ur Rahman – Founder of Jang group.  MKRF PROGRAMMES
By getting involved with MKRF, business organizations, NGOs, students, youth, women, professionals having substantial experience in any field may be part of our programmes in any of following capacities.
- MKRF seeks partnerships with all sphere of society – businesses, donors, civil society organizations, government institutions to further its development agenda. Usually partnerships are made to mobilize human & physical resources and undertaking joint activities.
- Corporate: Corporations, businesses, trade organizations may partnered with MKRF through their Corporate Social Responsibility Programs & Cause-Related Marketing Programs
- Development: National and international NGOs, CSOs, development agencies, government department and institutions may join us a Partners-in-Development.  GET INVOLVED
Since its inception, MKRF has made its strategic thrust for networking and partnership from community based organizations to national and international organizations and institutions. MKRF works in partnership with governments, corporations, trade associations, broadcasters, media professionals and civil society institutions to deliver its programmes. We also partner with UN agencies, national and international NGOs for development programmes and projects.
Business or social development organizations including CBOs & NGOs may support us to achieve common development objectives.
- Jang Group
- Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry –CSR Committee
- HBL – Management Development Institute
- The Asia Foundation
- Lions Club International
- Boy Scouts Association
- PAF Museum
- PIA -Emergency Response Centre
- Asra Welfare Association  MKRF PARTNERS
Over Rs.1bn collected in Pukar Telethon RAWALPINDI
:Rs1,104,000,000 have so far been collected for the flood-affected people by the three Geo TV telethons organised by the Mir Khalil-ur-Rahman Foundation (MKRF) and Imran Khan’s “Pukar”.  Pukar Telethon
Created By: Naveed Khan
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks