HistoryThe Quaid-i-Azam has instructed that the creation of a new Ministry which is to work directly under him should be announced to the Press to-night,and also gazetted immediately. The Quaid-i-Azam has decided that the new Ministry will be called “The Ministry of States and Frontier Regions”.The Quaid-i-Azam has further directed that unless there is any serious legal or other objection, it must be stated in the Press Note that the new Ministry will function under the direct control, guidance and direction of Quaid-i-Azam and Governor-General of Pakistan and this portfolio will be his special care.
Chief Commissioner-ate for Afghan Refugees
- In 1979 to deal with the influx of Afghan Refugees into Pakistan an Office of Chief Commissioner for Afghan Refugees was established at Federal level declaring it as an attached department of Ministry of SAFRON.
- The main functions of that office are to deal the issue of Afghan refugees and coordinate with international agencies specially UNHCR
- There is a Commissionerate for Afghan Refugees in each Province except Sindh and having the Chief Commissionerate based in Islamabad
Cadet College RazmakCadet College, Razmak, North Waziristan Agency is an autonomous body of the ministry
- State and Frontier regions Division
- Tribal Areas;
- Administrative and political control in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas;
- Development plans and programmes of Federally Administered Tribal Areas;
- All matters relating to the FATA Development Corporation;
- Issues of policy directives to the Governments of NWFP and Balochistan regarding Tribal Areas;
- matters relating to the Durand Line;
- Ant-subversion measures;
- Agreement with the tribes;
- Application of laws to , regulation for , and altercations in tribal areas;
- Administrative reforms;
- Issue of import licenses to the tribes;
- Visits of foreigners to tribal areas;
- Policy regarding detribalization of the Tribal Areas;
- Powindah policy;
- Payment of Maliki allowance and individual service allowance ; and
- Nomination of candidates from the federally administered Tribal Areas for admission to various Medical Colleges against seats reserved for those Ares.
- Administrative control of t contingents of Khassadars and Levies.
- Employment of the contingents at (2) Above in the Tribal Areas of NWFP and Balochistan.
- Postings and transfers of Officers in the Federally Administrated Tribal Areas.
- Afghan Refugees.
- Affairs of the former and acceding States
SITUATION VACANTApplications are invited on prescribed proforma for filling up of the following purely temporary vacancies from the candidates who fulfill the criteria mentioned against each.
|S.No||Post||BPS||No of vacancies||Eligibility criteria||Age||Regional Quota|
|1.||Stenotypist||14||3 Regular 2 Deputation||i. Intermediate. ii. Minimum speed of 80/40 w.p.m in shorthand/ typing in English/Urdu respectively. iii. Must be computer literate||18-25 years||2-Merit 1-KP 2-Punjab* *(deputation post)|
- Candidates must mention their District Domicile on application forms.
- The required age limit included general age relaxation of 5-years. However age relaxation apart from general age relaxation, shall be allowed as per government rules.
- Test criteria will be available on PTS website www.pts.org.pk
- Candidates shall present original documents, alongwith a set of attested copy of all relevant documents, at the time of interview. In case any of the document is found fake or bogus at any stage, candidature of the particular candidate will stand cancelled. Even in case of selection, such fake documents whenever found, will lead to appropriate disciplinary action against such person.
- Incomplete application forms in any respect shall not be entertained by PTS.
- Age of the candidates shall be determined on the last date of advertisement.
- Final selection/recruitments of candidates shall be made after detailed scrutiny of candidates.
- Govt servants will require to produce NOC of their department at the time of interview.
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFO