Ministry of Textile Industry is to be a credible, effective, efficient and dynamic organization creating an enabling environment for sustainable growth of entire textile sector in the country.
Fedral Minister Message
- Textile sector is an important part of Pakistan’s economy, and it contributes over 58% to the total exports of the country. Due to intrinsic importance, the Government of Pakistan created a separate Ministry of Textile Industry in 2004 to boost up the textile sector.
- Textile sector is the most prominent sector in the economic growth, and it is a major employment provider; 40% of the total work force is engaged in this sector. Under the WTO post quota scenario, the country appears to have the potential of becoming aleading force in the world-wide textile. MINTEX has successfully re-energized domestic industry that will be a vital and more growth is expected covering more relating sectors.
- Textile Industry is confronting new challenges in the context of shortage of Electricity and Gas, overall recession in the global economy and also liberalizedglobal trade; Government is much aware of this fact and anticipated efforts are being made to make the textile and clothing sector more dynamic, competitive and to maintain its inherent strength by providing a level playing field to the industry as compared to the regional competitors.
- In the end, I would like to express my gratitude for the Officers/Officials of the Ministry for their contribution in enabling this Ministry to play an effective role in serving the textile industry.
Federal Secretary Message
- The textile sector in Pakistan has an overwhelming impact on the economy, contributing 57% to the country’s exports. In today’s highly competitive global environment, the textile sector needs to upgrade its supply chain, improve productivity, and maximize value-addition to be able to survive. The objectives of the Textile Industry Division are to formulate strategies and programme to enable the textile sector to meet these challenges and attain global competitive.
- The Division also assists the sector in acquiring benchmarks and compliance standards, specialized trainings and skill development, enhancing productivity, and carrying out research for better technologies to make it progressive and forward-looking.  Secretary Message
Trade Development Authority
The Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) was established in 2006. TDAP is the successor organization to the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) and is mandated to have a holistic view of global trade development rather than only the export promotion perspective of its predecessor. It is designated as the premier trade organization of the country. TDAP
Trading Corporation of Pakistan
Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP) is the principal trading arm of the Government of Pakistan. Established as an international trading house in 1967, the Corporation has gradually moved from barter, through commodity exchange to cash trade. TCP undertakes import of essential commodities to help ensure their availability to the common man at affordable prices. TCP
National Tariff Commission
The function of the Commission are to advise the Government on tariff measures or other form of assistance to provide protection to the indigenous industry, and promoting exports. Measures to counter dumping and other unfair measures adopted in respect of import and sale of foreign goods in Pakistan. NTC
State Life Insurance Corporation
State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan in the state owned life insurance company. It was formed in 1972 when life insurance business in Pakistan was nationalized and 32 life insurance companies were merged and consolidated. SLI
Pakistan Institute of Trade and Development
Pakistan Institute of Trade and Development, formerly Foreign Trade Institute of Pakistan (FTIP) was created in 1989 to provide specialized trainings to officers of Commerce and Trade Group. PITD
Pakistan Tobacco Board
Pakistan Tobacco Board (PTB) is a statutory semi-autonomous department of Government of Pakistan under Ministry of Commerce. Pakistan Tobacco Board oversees the promotion of the cultivation, manufacture and export of tobacco and tobacco products in Pakistan. PTB
Pakistan Reinsurance Company
Pakistan Reinsurance Company Limited (PRCL) is a public sector company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Commerce is the sole reinsurance organization operating in Pakistan..Formerly called the Pakistan Insurance Corporation, Pakistan Reinsurance Company Limited was established in 1952. PRCL
PRCLs Role in Economic Development
The role of PRCL in economic development of Pakistan is significant. PRCL awareness of increasing requirements of insurance and reinsurance of a progressive economy is making great efforts in coming up to national expectations. This progress signifies the consolidation of the position, both at home and abroad, encouraging further expansion.
International Cooperation Business Relations
PRCL is actively collaborating and participating with its international counterparts in the field of insurance and reinsurance. This is being achieved under the aegis of Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) with the object of reducing the outflow of Foreign Exchange and improving the standard of insurance and reinsurance services in the region. PRCL has been one of the pioneers and founder members of the Federation of Afro-Asian Insurers and Reinsurers (FAIR).
National Insurance Company Limited
National Insurance Company Limited was established in 1976 to provide insurance cover to the Government/Semi Government organizations. National Insurance Company Limited is 100% owned by Government of Pakistan and working under the administrative control of Ministry of Commerce. NICL
Pakistan Horticulture Development and Export Company
Pakistan Horticulture Development & Export Board (PHDEC), an autonomous body under the administrative control of Ministry of Commerce has been mandated with the development of horticulture industry of Pakistan with focus on exports. Its functions, include provision of improved marketing infrastructure like establishment of agro processing zones, cold chain system, processing plants for value added products. The implementation arrangements are preferably under the public private partnership (PPP) modality with a clear exit strategy. PHDEC envisions the vitalization of a dynamic and market driven horticulture sector, which is resilient, sustainable and responsive to meet the challenges of globalization. PHDEC
Directorate General of Trade Organizations
Directorate General of Trade Organisations is working as an attached department of Ministry of Commerce. It was established in 2007. The core function of this Directorate is to process the applications for grant of licenses and registration of trade bodies. It also oversees the elections and results of Office Bearers and Executive Committee members of trade bodies and ensures that Trade Organizations Act and Rules made there-under are being followed. DGTO
Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design
Engr.Khurram Dastgir Khan with Director General of WTO, Roberto Azevedo (2nd June 2015)
The Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, commonly referred to as PIFD, (formerly known as Pakistan School of Fashion Design) is a design institute specialising in design education. It offers a four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree. PIFD
Created By: Saad Miran Asghar
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks