BiographyShe was born in a village in Mardan District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.They are five brothers and one sister, and she is the eldest and only sister. Sh lived in a very small village but luckily studied in a primary school. When her male cousins, at least one year older to her, were admitted to school, she also wanted to go to school. The moment she saw them with school bags she would start crying and this would go on for hours. She was the first girl ever to be granted admission in my local school, and also the first student accepted under the age of five.After her secondary education she wished to stay at home but it was her father who persuaded her to pursue her medical career.After completing her ‘house job’ she moved to London with her husband (who with her father continued to be her biggest supporters) and specialized in pediatrics.
Motivation to Enter PoliticsShe told in her interview how she entered in Politics,On returning to Pakistan, she secured jobs at the Lady Reading Teaching Hospital, the Khyber Medical College and the Khyber Teaching Hospital where she established the first pediatrics preventive ward. While working as a Professor at the Khyber Medical College she was appointed Minister for Health, but sh still had no intention of joining main stream politics.Looking back she guess her motivation must have been her ancestral association with politics as well as her own interaction with politicians. From a very early age She saw her elders do things for others; this played a pivotal role for her and instilled a passion to work for the positivity of others.
DecisionShe took the decision to enter politics after her retirement. She joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (commonly known as PTI) as a Provincial Convener back in 2011. She was not allowed to take part in any inter-party elections yet she was nominated as a Member of the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Following this she appointed Special Advisor to the Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Social Welfare and Women’s Empowerment.
- Special Assistant to Chief Minister for Social Welfare, Women Empowerment and Disability ( June,2013 to Dec,2015)
- Head of Department of Pediatrics, RMI Peshawar.
- Minister for Health, 2002 till Dec,2002
- Head of Department of Pediatrics KTH ,KMC from 6-6-1999 till 13-04-2002.
- Acting Head Department of Pediatrics KTH from 04-04-1992 till 05-06-1992
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics KTH from 10-022-1980 to 12-9-1988
- Prof.Incharge Pediatrics "B" Unit KTH from 1988 to 1992.
- Assistant Prof. of Pediatrics from 02-02-1977 to 09-02-1980
- Senior Registrar Pediatrics, Lady Reading Hospital 1975 to 1977
- Member Executive Committee Pakistan Padiatric Association
- Member Editorial Board of Pakistan Pediatric Journal
- Member Pakistan Medical Research Society
- Member Pakistan Medical Association
- Clinical Secretary Pakistan Medical Association
- President Pakistan Pediatric Association Center 1998 till April 2000
- President Pakistan Pediatric Association Center 1982
- Presidential Gold Medal Award(in recognition of services to the children of Pakistan)
- Member Executive Committee of APWA
- Member National Commission on status of Women
- Member National Commission on Status of women
- Member Tanzeem Rissail-E-Wal-Mahroom
- Chairperson polio eradication committee
- Country Iran, Islamic Republic of:Purpose of Visit workshop on micronutients, iron fortification of flour
- Country ChinaPurpose of Visit Study of medicinal plants
- Country Viet NamPurpose of Visit Asian ENHR task force Regional meeting at Hanoi,Date of Visit 9th Dec 1997Date of Return 14th Aug 1997
- Country MalaysiaPurpose of Visit ICDC annual training course on implementing the international code of Marketing for breast milk substitutes Penang,Date of Visit 28th Sep 1998Date of Return 6th Oct 1998
- Country TaiwanPurpose of Visit Asian Congress of Pediatrics,Date of Visit 26th Mar 2000Date of Return 30th Mar 2000
- Country IraqPurpose of Visit Member of the national goodwill-gesture team
- Country EgyptPurpose of Visit 2nd inter regional IMCI case management course of Consultants EL-SHATBY Children Hospital Alexandria
- Country JordanPurpose of Visit Member of Delegation of National Commission on Status of Women
- Country AfghanistanPurpose of Visit Women division in the capacity of Health Minister
- Country United StatesPurpose of Visit Lactation Management Education Program in Sandiago,Date of Visit 26th Aug 1991Date of Return 20th Sep 1991
- Country ThailandPurpose of Visit 2nd Western Pacific Congress on Infectious diseases and chemotherapy in Thailand,Date of Visit 11th Dec 1990Date of Return 14th Dec 1990
- Country IndiaPurpose of Visit Seminar on Female Child in India
- Country JapanPurpose of Visit 6th Asian Congress on Pediatrics,Date of Visit 27th Mar 1988Date of Return 31st Mar 1988
- Country United StatesPurpose of Visit Course on Child Survival
- Country ThailandPurpose of Visit Primary Health Course
- Country United KingdomPurpose of Visit Clinical Course,Date of Visit 1st Jul 1971Date of Return 1st Sep 1971
- Country United KingdomPurpose of Visit Course in Internal Medicine,Date of Visit 1st Sep 1969Date of Return 1st Dec 1969
47 Candidates for Senate ElectionThe Senate’s election would be held on March 03.Six political parties including Pakistan People’s Party ( PPP), Muttahida Qaumi Movement -Pakistan ( MQM-P), Pak Serzameen Party ( PSP), Pakistan Muslim League Functial (PML-f), Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz ( PML-N) and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) have submitted 47 nomination papers for the 12 Senates seats from Sindh province.JI fielded Mushtaq Ahmad Khan and Abdul Wasay for general seats in KP and Muhammad Ghaufran has been nominated by QWP for general seat.As against the two seats reserved for women eight candidates have filed the papers including Mehr Taj Roghani and Noreen Farooq of PTI. PMLN has given ticket to Raeesa Dawood and Sobia Shahid.
Senate Election Results 2018PTI managed to bag five seats on its home turf, with Ayub Afridi, Faisal Javed and Fida Muhammad successfully bagging a general seat each. The PPP's Bahramand Tangi, JUI-F's Talha Mahmood, JI's Mushtaq Ahmed and the PML-N's Sabir Shah also won a general seat each.Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) candidate Mehar Taj Roghani was elected to one of the women's seats from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, while the other was taken by PPP's Rubina Khalid.PTI's Azam Swati and PML-N's Dilawar Khan were elected to the two technocrat seats for the province, Dawn News TV reported.PTI-backed cleric Maulana Samiul Haq of Darul Uloom Haqqani notoriety could bag only three votes.
- Permanent Contact:Deputy Speaker's Chamber , Provincial Assembly Khyber Road, Peshawar Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Phone #:+92 91 9210489
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.