IntroductionTwenty-one year old Meera is often referred to as the Madhuri Dixit of Pakistan in her country. She began her acting career at the age of 14 in 1996 with a movie named Chief Saab, which was directed by Javed Sheikh. Meera is most popular actress in Pakistan fashion industry. Meera’s birth name was Irtiza Rubab but she changed it after the few years of her birth. She has an attractive personality. Meera knew very well that she could make her name in film industry also.
BreakthroughShe appeared in ads for Pepsi and Lux while still in her mid-teens. She continued to model for various agencies in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad and became one of the country’s top supermodels. At this point, Meera was also approached by various directors in Lahore to sign on for roles in their movies. She signed with two directors including Samina Peerzada who was making her debut as a director in Inteha (1999). Peerzada signed Meera on as the lead in her directorial debut – and Meera was sensational.
- Regular host of the Top 20 Music Countdown on PTV.
- Graduated from Kinniard College in Lahore.
- Signed on as a teen model while still in high school.
- Voted one of Pakistan's most beautiful stars of 2000.
- Is an active model, making appearances across Pakistan on a regular basis.
- Beat out Reema and other established stars for her role as Sara in the blockbuster Inteha (1999).
- Is single, and lives with her parents in Lahore.
- Owns a range of high performance vehicles in Lahore but rarely drives on her own. She says she doesn't trust herself behind the wheel.
- Was the first Pakistani actress to work in a Co-Production with India - when she starred in Nazar (2005).
- Is the second of six siblings. She has one sister and four brothers.
- Her sister owns a hair salon in Pakistan, while her brothers are studying abroad.
- Meera has now relocated to Mubmai, India to continue more work in Indian films. The move has obviously caused more disgruntlement in her native Pakistan, although she is not the first Pakistani actor to move to Mumbai for career purposes.
- The first Pakistani actress to successfully cross-over into India's Bollywood film industry.
- Pakistani superstar Meera lodged an Official Complaint against Faisal Saif in Punjab (Pakistan) chief minister's cell where she claimed that the Film Maker is behind the conspiracy to kill her.
- Can be seen briefly in the remix music video for the song 'Woh Lamhe' for the movie Zeher (2005).
- Is currently in India shooting for Mahesh Bhatt's new project.
- Completed her second Bollywood Comeback feature film with Film Maker Faisal Saif.
- A controversial MMS was released featuring Meera and her husband Captain Naveed.
- Her sister Aqsa Rubab auditioned for the film Gangster. Kangana was eventually signed.
- Starred in Hyder Kazmi shelved film " Draupadi"(2005). Starring Amar Upadhyay, Meera. Directed by Rakesh Parmar.The film was shot in London.
Meeras ControversiesesMeera Her first very controversial news was due to the fact there was a kissing scene with Sir Taji in Mahesh Bhatt’s movie, “Nazar ” Meera also received death threats for doing the scene.. Meera stood her ground and did say that she is an actress and that she has not done anything wrong.There were rumours of her being fined for kissing in a Bollywood Movie. The director of the movie,Mahesh Bhatt defended Meera and appealed to President Musharraf to help the cause of India-Pakistan friendship through exchange of entertainers. The other major controversy surrounding the actress was when she was married or a short term to a Pakistani businessman Atiq-Ur-Rehman, who was already married.
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.