IntroductionThe functions entrusted to the Board are to organise, regulate and supervise Technical, Commercial and Vocational Education below degree level, in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and adjoining tribal areas. As such, the Board of Technical Education is an academic and examining body for polytechnic, commercial, vocational and other private technical institutions including computer training institutes of under-graduate level.Major responsibilities
- Migration of Candidates
- Correction/change in name, father's name and date of birth
- Awards of medals, scholarships, prizes
- Loss of Answer Book(s)
- Re-totalling of Answer Book(s)
- Appointment of Amanuensis
- Issuance of Duplicate Roll Numbers
- Withdrawal of Admission Forms
- Constitution of Examination Center
- Change of Centers of Examinations
- Penalty for Use of Unfair Means
- Issuance of Certificate
- Registration of Candidates
Boards ActThis Act may be called the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Old Name:-North-West Frontier Province) Board of Technical Education Act, 1972. It extends to the whole of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Old Name:-North-West Frontier Province) except the Tribal Areas. It shall come into force at once.
Composition of the Boardhe Board shall consist of the following members namely:
- The Chairman
- The Principal, Engineering College, University of Peshawar.
- The Director, Technical Education, Peshawar, or his nominee not below the rank of Deputy Director.
- The Director of Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, Peshawar.
- Three industrialists nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- One Principal or a member of teaching staff of an Institute nominated by the Controlling Authority
- One representative of Heads of Polytechnic or Technical Institutes elected by and from among themselves.
- One representative of the Heads of Commercial Institutes elected by and from among themselves.
- One person nominated by the Controlling Authority from amongst the Heads of Vocational Institutesï¿½
- One nominee of the Institute of Engineers, Pakistan.
Meetings Of The Board
- The Chairman may when he considers necessary and shall, on a requisition from at least five members of the Board, call a meeting of the Board.
- The quorum for meeting of the Board shall be five.
Jurisdiction Of The Board
- The Board shall exercise its powers within the territorial limits of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, and such other areas as may be notified by Government from time to time.
- Government may by general or special order, modify the jurisdiction of the Board with regard to such territorial limits or any institution therein.
Power And Functions Of The Board
- Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board shall have power to organise, regulate, develop and
- control Technical, Vocational, Industrial and Commercial Education.
- In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the power conferred by the preceding sub-section, the Board shall have the power to
Officers of the BoardThe following shall be the officers of the Board.
- The Chairman
- The Secretary
- The Controller of Examinations
- Such other officers as may be appointed by the Board
Duties of Chairman
- The chairman shall be appointed by the Controlling Authority on such terms and conditions as may be determined by the Controlling Authority.
- The Chairman shall hold office for a period of three years from the date of notification of his appointment and on the expiry of his term of office, shall be eligible for re-appointment; provided that
- When the office of the Chairman is vacant temporarily or otherwise, by reason of leave, illness or other
- It shall be the duty of the Chairman to ensure that the provisions of this Act and the Regulations and Rules are faithfully observed and carried out and he shall exercise all powers necessary for this purpose.
- In any emergency arising out of the administrative business of the Board and requiring in the opinion of the Chairman immediate action, the Chairman may take such action as he may deem necessary and shall report the action so taken to the Board at its next meeting for approval.
- The Chairman shall exercise such other powers as may be prescribed.
Duties of the secretary
- The Secretary shall, subject to the control of the Chairman, be incharge of the academic and administrative sector of the Boards office and shall cause the orders and decisions of the Board and the Chairman in all matters except those concerning the examinations to be carried out.
- The Secretary shall take all possible steps to ensure that the funds of the Board are spent on the purpose for which they are provided.
- The Secretary shall cause to be prepared and submit to the Board for approval the annual statement of accounts and budget estimates.
- All meetings of the Board and the Committees shall be convened by the Secretary under the directions of the Chairman. While preparing the agenda for meeting of the Board or a Committee, the Secretary shall carryout the directions of the Chairman given in this respect and no item shall be placed on such agenda or be considered in the meeting without previous permission of the Chairman.
- The Secretary shall record the minutes and maintain the records of the proceedings of the Board and the Committees.
- The Secretary shall conduct the official correspondence of the Board under the authority of the Chairman except the correspondence relating to the conduct of examination.
- All fees and dues payable to the Board and all sums received by the Secretary, shall be credited without delay to the account of the Board in a Bank of Treasury approved by the Board in accordance with the instructions issued by Government from time to time.
- The Secretary shall issue to successful candidates on behalf of the Board in the prescribed forms diplomas or certificates of having passed the examinations held by the Board.
- The Secretary shall perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Chairman.
Duties of the controller ExaminationThe Controller of Examinations shall, subject to the control of the Chairman, be incharge of the examinations sector of the Board office and shall:
- Cause the orders and decisions of the Board and the Chairman in all matters concerning the examinations to be carried out.
- Conduct official correspondence of the Board relating to examinations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Chairman.
Provident fund and pension
- The Board shall establish for the benefit of its employees such pension or provident fund or both as it may deem fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.
- Government may, by notification, declare that the provisions of the Provident Fund Act, 1925 (Act XIX of 1925), shall apply to such fund, and on making of such declaration that Act shall apply accordingly as if the Boards were Government and the said fund were the Government Provident Fund.
- Appoint examiners and supervisory staff to conduct examinations pertaining to Technical, Vocational, Industrial and Commercial Education below degree level and such other examinations as may be determined by the government.
- Prescribe courses of study for its examinations.
- Lay down conditions for recognition of institutions to ensure provision of requisite facilities in the affiliated institutions.
- Grant certificates and diplomas to persons who have passed its examinations.
- Institute and award scholarships, medals and prizes in accordance with the Regulations and Rules.
|1||Aafaq College of Computer Science National Bank Street Rangpur Road D.I.Khan||ACC D.I Khan|
|2||AAZAN Polytechnic institute G.T. Road Pabbi||APIP Pabbi|
|3||Abacus Polytechnic College Haripur||APC Haripur|
|4||Abaseen College of Technology Qaziabad Swabi||ACT Swabi|
|5||Abasein Computer and Commerce institute Ghazi||ACI Ghazi|
|6||Abasyn institute of Management & Computer Sciences Peshawar||AIMCS Peshawar|
|7||Abbott institute of Commerce Abbottabad||AICM Abbottabad|
|8||Abbottabad School of Art Abbottabad||ASA Abbottabad|
|9||abdullah institute of Technology Mansehra Road Abbottabad||AIT Abbotabad|
|10||ACCA Islamabad||ACCA Islamabad|
|11||ACCA Karachi||ACCA Karachi|
|12||AES College of Engineering and Technology Auqaf Complex D.I.Khan||AES D.I Khan|
|13||Afaq institute of Technology Lakki Marwat||AIT Lakki Marwat|
|14||Ahmad institute of Information Technology Lakki Marwat||AIIT Lakki Marwat|
|15||Aim Achiever Model School and College Swbi||AAM Swabi|
|16||Aim Polytechnic institute Sarai Naurang||AIM Sarai Naurang|
|17||Aisha institute of Modern Sciences for Girls Peshawar||AIMS Peshawar|
|18||Al-Asar institute of Technology Kohat||ACA Kohat|
|19||Al-Bukhary institute of Technology Battagram||AIT Battagram|
|20||Al-Falah institute of Technology Kohat||AFI Kohat|
|21||Al-Habib institute of Science and Technology Mingora Swat||HIS Swat|
|22||Al-Hadeed Technical Training institute Haripure||ATTI Haripure|
|23||Al-Hafiz College of Commerce & Management Sciences Lakki Marwat||ACCM Lakki Marwat|
|24||Al-Khidmat institute of Information Technology Peshawar||ALK Peshawar|
|25||AL-Khuzar Commerce College Chitral||AL-Khuzar Chitral|
|26||Al-Muslim College Charsada||AMCC Charsadda|
|27||Al-Nasir Computer institute Peshawar||ANCI Peshawar|
|28||AL-Noor Polytechnic institute Kohat||API Kohat|
|29||Al-Rehmania Technical Public School Haripure||ARTP Haripur|
|30||Al-Rehmania Technical Public School Haripure Gundaf Campus||ARTPG Haripur|
|31||Alfalah College of Sciences & Administration Peshawar||ACSA Peshawar|
|32||Ali College of Technology Haripur||ACT Haripur|
|33||ALI institute of Technology Abbottabad||ALI Abbotabad|
|34||Ali Polytechnic institute Gunduf Haripur||API Haripur|
|35||Ali Technical Public School Mangle Sharif Abbottabad||ATPS Abbotabad|
|36||Allama Iqbal Polytechnic institute Takht Bhai||AIP Takht Bhai|
|37||Ample College of Learning Dir||ACL DIR|
|38||ANSI Degree College Mardan||ANSI Mardan|
|39||Apostle College of Commerce and Management Main G.T.Road Nowshera||ACCM Nowshehra|
|40||Aptech institute of Information Technology Peshawar||AIIT Peshawar|
|41||AREA institute of Engineering & Technology D.I.Khan||AREA D.I Khan|
|42||Areds institute of Information Technology Abbottabad||AITA Abbotabad|
|43||Army Service Corps School Nowshera Cantonment||ASCS Nowshehra|
|44||Army Survey School Abbottabad||ASSA Abbotabad|
|45||Arqam Degree College Faqir Abad Peshawar||ADC Peshawar|
|46||Asia College of Commerce Nowshera||ACC Nowshera|
|47||Asian Skill Development institute Abbottabad||ASDI Abbotabad|
|48||Askari College of Commerce and Sciences Peshawar||ACCS Peshawar|
|49||Awan Public High School Topi Swabi||APSS Swabi|
|50||Awan Public School for Higher Studies (Commerce and Management) Topi ,Swabi||APHS Swabi|
|51||Bannu College of Technology, Commerce & Business Administration Bannu||BCCBA Bannu|
|52||Bannu institute of Education Science & Technology Bannu||BEST Bannu|
|53||BANNU Polytechnic institute Bannu||BPI Bannu|
|54||Batkhela institute of Technology Batkhela||BITB Batkhela|
|55||Bay Bay institute of Information Technology Mardan||BBIT Mardan|
|56||Bhara Kahu Polytechnic College Bhara Kahu Islamabad||BKPI Islamabad|
|57||Bolan College of IT Paharpur D.I.Khan||BCD D.I Khan|
|58||Booni institute of Education & Management Science Chitral||BIC Chitral|
|59||BRAINS Post-Graduate College of Information Technology Peshawar||BRAINS Peshawar|
|60||Bravo Professional Computer College Peshawar||BRAVO Peshawar|
|61||Bright Future College of Technical Education Chitral||BFCT Chitral|
|62||Bright Future institute of Science and Technology Malakand||BFI Malakand Agency|
|63||Bright Future Model School and College Sarai Naurang||BFM Lakki Marwat|
|64||Bright institute of Science and Technology Peshawar||BIS Peshawar|
|65||Bright institute of Technology and Engineering and Language Abdara Road Peshawar||BIT Peshawar|
|66||Bright Vision Model College Haripur||BVM Haripur|
|67||Bright Way institute of Technology,Rawla Kot, Azad kashmir||BWIT Azad Jamu and k...|
|68||Brighten Computer Academy Parachinar||BCAP Parachinar|
|69||Brilliant College of Information Technology Mardan||BCI Mardan|
|70||Bukhara College of Science and Tecnology Timergara||BCST Timergara|
|71||Bunair Polytechnic institute Swari Bunair||BPI Bunair|
|72||Burraq Academy of Software Engineering Kohat||BASE Kohat|
|73||Calypso System(Pvt) Ltd Dir Branch Lower Dir||CS Timergara|
|74||Calypso System(Pvt) Ltd Dir Branch Upper Dir||CCC Timergara|
|75||Capital Degree College Campus II||CDC Peshawar|
|76||Capital institute of Education & Research Hayatabad Peshawar||MPI Peshawar|
|77||Capital institute of IT & Management Sciences Peshawar||CIMS Peshawar|
|78||Capt Isfandyar Ahmad Bokhari Shaheed Vocational Training Centre Badabar Peshawar||CIBS Peshawar|
|79||Career Development institute Abbotabad||CDI Abbotabad|
|80||Career Dynamics institute Peshawar||CDI Peshawar|
|81||CDP Computer Training institute Peshawar||CDP Peshawar|
|82||CECOS Data institute Peshawar||CDI Peshawar|
|83||CECOS Frontier College of Business Education Peshawar||FCBE Peshawar|
|84||Center of Academics Bannu||CAB Bannu|
|85||Centre of Applied EPISTEMICS Peshawar||EPISTEMICS Peshawar|
|86||Chakdara institute of Technology Chakdara||CIT Chakdara|
|87||Chakdara Polytechnic institute Chakdara||CPIC Chakdara|
|88||Changhose High Tech institute of IT Latamber Karak||CHTL Karak|
|89||Charsadda College of Commerce Charsadda||CCC Charsadda|
|90||Charsadda Insitute of Technology Charsadda||CIT Charsadda|
|91||Charsadda institute of Technology Mandani Charsadda||CITM Charsadda|
|92||Charsadda institute of Technology Shabqadar Campus Charsadda||CITS Charsadda|
|93||Charsadda institute of Technology Umar Zai Branch Charsadda||CITU Charsadda|
|94||Chember College Of Commerce Chitral||CCC Chitral|
|95||Chilas institute of Technology Chilas||CIT Chilas|
|96||Chinar College of Commerce and IT Haripur||CCC Haripur|
|97||Christ Church College of Commerce & Computer Sciences Nowshera||Christ Nowshera|
|98||Christian Vocational Training Centre Mardan||CVTC Mardan|
|99||CIT College of information Technology D.I.Khan||CIT DI khan|
|ChairmanProf. Ghulam Qasim Tel:+92 91 9217441Email:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SecretaryMr. Muhammad Iqbal Tel:+92 91 9217410Email:email@example.com|
|ControllerEngr. Muhammad Ismail Tel:9217440|
|Computer Programming OfficerMuhammad Ismail Email:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Controller of Examinations-IMr. Malik Farid Email:+92 91 9217435|
|Assistant Secretary AffiliationSohail Gulzar Tel:+92 91 9217153Email:|