Khusro Bakhtiar Biography
Khusro Bakhtiar Family
Khusro Bakhtiar with chineese ambassador
Khusro Bakhtiar joined PTI
Khusro Bakhtiar appointed as Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms
Khusro Bakhtiar BiographyMakhdoom Khusro Bakhtiar hails from Rahim yar Khan is a Pakistani Politician who is currently working as a member of the National Assembly after winning the Pakistan General Elections 2018 while being affiliated with Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf. He previously did Partnership with Jahangir Khan Tareen (when he was affiliated with Pakistan Muslim League N) by purchasing a sugar mill worth 27 Billion.
Bakhtiar date of birthHe was born on 7th July 1969 in Rahim Yar Khan. Currently, he still resides there from where he also contests the Elections.
Education of BakhtiarAfter completing his graduation from the University of Punjab he went to London from where he did LLB (Hons.) and a Bar-at-Law degree which he obtained from the London School of Economics and Political Science and Lincoln's Inn, United Kingdom.
Khusro Bakhtiar FamilyHis brother is a Pakistani Politician who is currently working as a member of the Provincial Assembly after winning the Pakistan General Elections 2018 while being affiliated with Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf. Before becoming the part of politics he has worked in the largest international financial institutions of the world, Citi bank for almost 10 years where he furnished as a Vice President.
- Soon after completing his education he came back to Pakistan and ran for the seat of the Provincial Assembly in 1997 Pakistan General Elections from the Constituency PP-236 (Rahim Yar Khan-V) while being attached to Pakistan Muslim League N and gave defeat to the candidate of Pakistan Peoples Party Makhdoom Ashfaq Ahmad.
- After completing his tenure he quit PMLN and join PMLQ and ran for the seat of the National Assembly in 2002 Pakistan General Elections from the Constituency NA-194 (Rahim Yar Khan-III) and defeated his opponent. In the same elections he ran for the seat of the Provincial Assembly from the Constituency PP-291 (Rahim Yar Khan-VII) but couldn't win. In 2004 he was appointed as Minister of State for Foreign Affairs. He remained at the post till 2007.
- In 2008 he once again ran for the seat of National Assembly from the Constituency NA-194 (Rahim Yar Khan-III) as a member of PMLQ but lost the seat to his opponent.
- In 2013 General Elections he ran from 3 different constituencies and won 2 of them. He chooses to be elected as a member of the National Assembly from the Constituency NA-194 (Rahim Yar Khan-III). Following his victory he joined Pakistan Muslim League N once again. On 9th April 2018 he along with few other members created a group named "Junoobi Punjab Sooba Mahaaz" which charged PML-N for not paying attention to the southern part of Punjab and requested the creation of separate province for southern Punjab. At the end of April he resigned from the National Assembly seat.
- Before 2018 Elections the group merged with Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf and he became a member of PTI. He once again ran for the seat of the National Assembly from the Constituency NA-177 (Rahim Yar Khan-III) and defeated his opponent. On 20th August 2018 he was appointed as Federal Minister for Planning, Development, and Reforms.