Izhar Qazi was a famous actor
Izhar Qazi was a great legend
The big name of Pakistan
An very old drama of Izhar Qazi
Izhar Qazi giving a speech
Early lifeThe award-winning actor left his job with the Pakistan Steel Mills when he was lured to Lahore by the film industry, where his talent landed him a large number of roles. During an over two-decade-long career, Mr Qazi worked in more than a hundred films, including the hits Roohi, Baghi Haseena, Bangkok Key Sanam, Manila Key Janbaz, Aalmi Jasoos, Abdullah the Great, Janbaaz, Suhag Raat and Phoolan Devi. He worked opposite almost all the famous heroines of the time, including Babra Sharif, Babita, Kavita, Neeli, Reema, Madiha Shah, Saima and Nadira.
EarlyCareerIzhar Qazi made his film debut in 1986 by starring in Nazar Shabab's Ruby, as the lead actor, which was an instant hit.He excelled in the film despite the presence of veterans Mustafa Qureshi, Shafi Mohammad, Sabeeta and Rangeela. Although Javed Shiekh was cast initially for the lead role, his sudden disappearance from the cast (due to his visit to India with Salma Agha), forced the film distributor Satish Anand to send Izhar Qazi to fill the gap left by Javed Sheikh. During this time Jan Mohammad, another Pakistani film director, grew fed up with Javed and replaced Javed's role with Izhar for his film Bangkok ke chor. In only his third movie, Izhar acted opposite Shabnam (Pakistan's top film actress at that time) in a unique young-to-old character role. Most of his films were in Urdu but he also appeared in double version Urdu-Punjabi films, besides acting in his only Pushto film, Ghunghru do Kalashankoff, opposite Salma Agha.
Partnership with director Jan MuhammadSoon Izhar made a successful partnership with director Jan Muhammad and released hit films such as Manila ki bijlyan, Roop ki rani and Choron ka baadshah. He also made a successful acting pair with the late Sultan Rahi, releasing a series of successful Punjabi films such as Abdullah the great, Irada, Gujjar baadshah, Lahori baadshah, Pajero group, Ghunda and Dilari. Hence he was more of an action hero than a romantic one. Qazi's role in Sakhi baadshan and Bakhtawar, both earned him the prestigious Nigar Awards twice. He also received the National Award for best actor for his role in Masood Butt's Chiragh Bali.
Showbiz debut in 1982Izhar Qazi made his showbiz debut in 1982 by starring in Fatima Surraiyya Bajia's family television drama serial Ana.In one of the middle episodes of Ana in which he appeared for the first time, Izhar didn’t deliver a single dialogue. But his mere appearance on the screen and resemblance with Amitabh caught the eyes of every viewer in Pakistan. Debuting alongside another newcomer, Mehreen Ilahi, as the young romantic lead and proving his mettle opposite veteran television performers Shakeel and Ghazala Kaifi, Izhar became a household name through his first TV serial. His credentials were further strengthened by excellent acting in the serial Daira and Gardish, again standing out in presence of Shakeel and the late Pakistani actor Saqi.
Qazis last acting roleQazi's last acting role before his retirement was in the private TV serial, Pani Pe Naam, aired on PTV for which he received a nomination in the best actor category of Lux Style Awards in 2004. Soon after achieving moderate television success, Izhar Qazi played a gamble by leaving his job and venturing into films and remarkably again achieved instant Lollywood stardom.
- Ruby Urdu Sabeeta, Izhar Qazi, Rangeela
- Bangkok ke Chor Urdu Sabeeta, Izhar Qazi
- Dulari Punjabi Anjuman, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- Himmatwala Urdu Sabeeta, Izhar Qazi
- Manila ki bijliyan Urdu Sabeeta, Izhar Qazi
- Mera Insaaf Urdu Babra Sharif, Izhar Qazi
- Nachay Nagin Punjabi Nadira, Ismael Shah, Izhar Qazi, Rahi
- Nijaat Urdu Sabeeta, Izhar Qazi
- Bardasht Punjabi Anjuman, Izhar Qazi
- Choron ka Baadshah Urdu Kaveeta, Izhar Qazi
- Manila ke Janbaaz Urdu Kaveeta, Izhar Qazi
- Rakhwala Punjabi Nadira, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- Jangi Punjabi Anjuman, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- KalaPani P/U Babra Sharif, Izhar Qazi, Ajab Gul
- Manga Punjabi Anjuman, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- NumberOne P/U Salma Agha, Izhar Qazi
- Insaniyat Kay Dushman Urdu Anjuman, Sultan Rahi, Nadeem, Izhar Qazi
- Leader Urdu Kaveeta, Nadeem, Izhar Qazi, Hamayun
- Ghunda Punjabi Reema, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- Ghunghru do Kalashankoff Pashto Salma Agha, Izhar Qazi
- Iradah P/U Madiah Shah, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- Jannat Urdu Rubi Niazi, Izhar Qazi, Mohsin Khan
- Nagin Sapera P/U Madiha Shah, Jan Rambo, Izhar Qazi
- Sapni P/U Nadia, Izhar Qazi, Sonia
- Betaj Badshah P/U Neeli, Reema, Nadeem, Izhar Qazi, Abid Ali
- Zamana P/U Sultan Rahi, Neeli, Javed Sheikh, Gori
- Ghail Urdu Babra Sharif, Izhar Qazi, Ghulam Moh.
- Kala Raj Punjabi Saima, Sultan Rahi, Izhar Qazi
- Kalay Naag Punjabi Saima, Izhar Qazi
- Aulad ki Qasam Urdu Reema, Babur Ali, Shabnam, Nadeem, Izhar
- Hawwa ki Beti Urdu Sapna, Izhar Qazi, Nargis
- Daaman aur Chingari Urdu Saima, Izhar Qazi, Nargis
- Parcham Urdu Sana, Shaan, Arbaz Khan, Izhar Qazi