Khanpur Dam Haripur
Model City Haripur
University of Haripur
IndustriesThere are many factories of various sizes on the Hatar Industrial Estate including the most modern SSP Fertilizer unit (Double A Fertilizers), and the presence of these industries means the district plays an important role in national economic development. One of the most prominent industries in the Haripur district is known as Cactus Fertilizer (formerly Pak-China Fertilizers) which is the largest producer of phosphate fertilizer in Pakistan with an enormous production capacity of 500 tons a day.Haripur's role in the agricultural field is also important. The district provides fruit and vegetables not only to Peshawar but also to Islamabad and the Punjab .
- Khan Sahib Abdul Majid Khan Tarin OBE, of Talokar, one of the earliest Muslim League leaders in Hazara
- Sahib HE Abdus Salim Khan, senior Pakistani diplomat and ambassador
- Field Marshal Ayub Khan military dictator and ( President of Pakistan ), who was from the village Rehana, a few miles from Haripur. His son Gohar Ayub Khan is prominent figures in Pakistani politics
- Air Marshal(R) Anwar Shamim. He also belonged to Haripur
- Raja Sikander Zaman Khan was born in Khanpur town. He remained Chief Minister of NWFP, and Federal Minister for Water and Power besides other offices he held during his political career
EducationIn 2000 2001, Haripur had 907 government primary schools, including 656 for boys and 251 for girls. In addition to government primary schools, 166 mosque schools were also in the district. The primary school population (59 years) consisted of 101,670 students, of which 52,240 (51.38%) were boys and 49,430 (48.61%) were girls.The district had 83 middle schools (56 for boys and 27 for girls), during 2001.
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Campus of the Hazara University