Spiritual lifeHafeez Jalandhary was a child when he met Maulana Nawab ud din Ramdasi (1870–1946), a great saint of sub continent.Hafeez was reciting Naats in a mesmerizing voice.Maulana stopped and asked Hafeez about his occupation.Hafeez answered he left education and is very poor.Maulana took Hafeez with himself to Ramdas.Hafeez lived with Maulana a lot of years.Hafeez fell in so devotion with Maulana that they became a traditional follower (Mureed) of Maulana Ramdasi and attached himself till last breath.Hafeez was so devoted and love ful to his spiritual guider(Murshid) that according to shorish kashmiri , Hafeez and Haji Laq Laq used to sing spiritual verses and Qawwalis to Hazrat Khawaja Nawab Ud din.In "Shamsheer o Sana" , Hafeez expressed his feelings in a classical way.Hafeez Jalandhari , Haji Laq Laq and Mulana murtaza khan Maikash were famous lovers of Maulana Ramdasi.
MarriageHe first married in 1917, when he was seventeen years old. His first wife was his cousin "Zeenat Begum". They altogether had seven children, all of them girls and no boys. In 1939 he married for the second time with a young English woman and had one girl with her. This marriage ended in a divorce. His first wife died in 1954. In 1955 he married with Khurshid Begum. The third relation also gifted him one girl. Her name is Raza Hafeez and after getting married she became Raza Riaz.
Later lifeIn 1922–1929 he remained the editor of a few monthly magazines namely, "Nonehal", "Hazar Dastaan", "Teehzeeb-e-Niswan", "Makhzin". His first collection of poems Nagma-e-Zar was published in 1935. After the World War II, he worked as the director of the Song Publicity Department. During this same time he wrote songs that were much liked by the public.
DeathHe died on December 21, 1982 at the age of eighty two years. He was buried in Model Town, Lahore but later on his dead body was re-buried in the tomb near Minar-e-Pakistan.
AwardsFor his literary and patriotic services he was awarded with the most prestigious awards of Hilal-e-Imtiaz and Pride of Performance.
Hymn of KashmirA patriotic poetic song of Watan hamara Kashmir, is considered to be the official regional State anthem or State song for Azad Jammu and Kashmir, it was written in the mid-1960s, which was inspired by the conflict of Indo-Pak war II. Azad’s lyrics “Ae sarzameene paak/Zarray teray haen aaj sitaaron se taabnaak/ Roshan hai kehkashaan se kaheen aaj teri khaak/Ae sarzameene paak” (Oh land of Pakistan, the stars themselves illuminate each particle of yours/rainbows brighten your very dust) — were replaced six months after Jinnah’s death in September 1948. The National Anthem Committee chose Hafeez Jalandhari’s poem from among 723 submissions.
HafeeZ jalandhari poetry
- zindagaani hai toh dekha jaayega.
- Hashr ke din meri chup ka maajra,
- Muskura kar munh chida kar ghoor kar,
- Kar diya hai tum ne dil ko mutmaeen,
- Hazrat-e-dil kaam se jaaunga main,
- Doston ki bewafaai par ‘hafeez’
Hafeez Jalandhari Ghazal
- aa hi gaya wo mujhko lahad mein utarne
- aane wale jaane wale har zamane ke liye
- ab to kuchh aur bhi andhera hai
- ai dost miT gaya hun fana ho gaya hun main
- chale the hum ki sair-e-gulshan-e-ijad karte hain
- dil abhi tak jawan hai pyare
- dil ko virana kahoge mujhe malum na tha
- dil-e-be-muddaa hai aur main hun
- dur se aankhen dikhati hai nai duniya mujhe
- ek bar phir watan mein gaya ja ke aa gaya
- hairan na ho dekh main kya dekh raha hun
- hum hi mein thi na koi baat yaad na tumko aa sake
- husn ne sikhin gharib-azariyan
- ishq ke hathon ye sari aalam-arai hui
- ishq ne aql ko diwana bana rakkha hai
- jahan qatre ko tarsaya gaya hun
- kabhi zamin pe kabhi aasman pe chhae ja
- kam-baKHt dil bura hua teri aah aah ka
- kisi ke ru-ba-ru baiTha raha main be-zaban ho kar
- koi dawa na de sake mashwara-e-dua diya
- majaz ain-e-haqiqat hai ba-safa ke liye
- mazhaka aao uDaen ishq-e-be-buniyaad ka
- muddaton tak jo paDhaya kiya ustad mujhe
- na kar dil-jui ai sayyaad meri
- phir lutf-e-KHalish dene lagi yaad kisi ki
- shaiKH ka KHauf hamein hashr ka dhaDka hum ko
- tere dil mein bhi hain kuduraten tere lab pe bhi hain shikayaten
- uTho ab der hoti hai wahan chal kar sanwar jaana
- wafadariyan saKHt nadaniyan hain
- wo qafila aaram-talab ho bhi to kya ho
- wo sarKHushi de ki zindagi ko shabab se bahara-yab kar de
- ye mulaqat mulaqat nahin hoti hai
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.