GREENSTAR SOCIAL MARKETING
Greenstar Social Marketing (GSM) was established in 1991 as a social enterprise, to improve the sexual and reproductive health of people in the country by increasing choices and access to quality modern family planning methods and contraceptives.
Distribution network of over 7,000 franchised clinics & 70,000 retail outlets. GSM is responsible for provision of approximately 53% of all contraceptives, distributed by the private sector, in Pakistan.  population services international
VALUES COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK
Competencies are the combination of knowledge, skills, abilities and other personal characteristics that are necessary for effective performance. The competencies needed in an organization are determined by its business strategy to ensure future growth and success. The introduction to the Greenstar Social Marketing Competency Framework is a key element in our approach to closing the “competency gap” by identifying those competencies that will ensure we have the organizational capabilities to be successful in the future.
The two sets of competencies required in the Competencies Framework are:
- Core Competencies ( Required of everyone)
- Professional Competencies (Job Family Specific)
GREENSTAR HEALTH AREAS
- Greenstar implements a total market approach in which those activities that are serving the poorest in rural areas will continue to be subsidized; while people in urban areas will increasingly pay closer to cost recovery prices for products.
- Greenstar’s primary goal is to increase quality reproductive health (family planning) services and reduce maternal mortality in all Greenstar regions including Karachi, Sukkur, Bahawalpur, Multan, Faisalabad, Lahore, Gujranwala, Islamabad and Peshawar.
- Our premise is that every pregnant woman is a client for FP services. The reach to these potential clients can be increased on the one hand by motivating our network providers for better FP counseling and on the other hand by providing access to better antenatal and post-natal services, including FP counseling and method adoption. FP services offered by Greenstar Social Marketing include provision of pills, injectables and condoms, IUD insertions, PPIUCD insertions, VSC, MVA and counseling for FP adoption.
- Our key objectives pertaining to Reproductive Health and Family Planning include:
- To improve quality of health service provision by Greenstar franchise providers, specifically training them in the new initiative of antenatal FP counseling and adoption of a FP method postpartum.
- To improve access and availability of quality reproductive health and maternal and child health services in low socio-economic class in the urban areas and rural areas through Public Private Partnership.
- To increase access to affordable reproductive health and maternal and child health products, particularly in rural areas  REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH & FAMILY PLANNING
- Greenstar has one of the most experienced health services team in the country which has spearheaded the provision of quality reproductive health and family planning services since 1991. The team is focused on delivering the highest standards of training to a vast network of healthcare providers thereby meeting the RH and FP needs of married women of reproductive age (MWRA).
- The team's compassionate and client-centered approach has made it possible for women across the country to access high quality, reliable reproductive health and family planning services regardless of their social status. The vast network of healthcare providers certified by our team is amongst the best in the sector and is striving hard to deliver high quality RH and FP services.
- The built-in quality assurance mechanisms in the Health Services Department leverage the use of robust tools. These include the Standards-Based Management and Recognition (SBM-R) tool, the Technical Clinical Assessment Tool (T-CAT) and Quality Theme Visits (QTV), for ensuring the provision of quality services, as well as client satisfaction, at the network clinics.  HEALTH SERVICES
- STRATEGIC GEOGRAPHIES
- In order to maximize the return on investment that through support of the development partners, GSM has adopted a `Rifled approach` instead of `Shotgun approach’. It now focuses predominantly on a total of 116/495 most populous Tehsils of the country and terms these as “Strategic Tehsils".
Investing its resources in advocacy given the enhanced provincial autonomy to set FP/MCH priorities in post devolution scenario. The broader goal is to influence development partners, policy makers, media and the community. This is also intended to create primary demand and establish FP/MCH as major health intervention for impacting the Government health care indices. GSM strategic advocacy is focusing on establishing FP and MCH as primary health care intervention among:
- Development Partners
- Community  STRATEGIC GEOGRAPHIES
RESEARCH MONITORING EVALUATION
The research department at GSM is involved during the design of any project or programme with donors and provides robust inputs to the programme team on proposal development, research requirements, and realistic timelines related to studies that can explore and assess impact. The research department also takes a lead in dissemination of findings from all research projects, both at national as well as international forums.
Monitoring and evaluation is an integral part of GSM. Through M&E, the programme results at all levels (input, output, outcome and impact) are measured to provide the basis for accountability and informed decision-making at both programme and policy levels. The GSM M&E mechanism contains donor agreed indicators and the targets to be achieved to demonstrate performance. In addition, indicators for efficiency and performance are also reviewed. Data is collected, processed and transformed into strategic information (SI), for informed decision-making at all levels.
The studies conducted by Research department are as follows
1. MAP Study
Objective: Assess the geographical coverage and quality of coverage of GSM products and services (GSM providers) in project rural and urban areas of Pakistan. Estimate measures of penetration of GSM services within rural and urban areas.
GSM conducts MAP survey on biannual basis on measuring the quality, penetration, volume and share of its social marketing and social franchise systems. The purpose of the Measuring Access and Performance (MAP) Survey is to provide evidence for social marketing & franchise decision-making in the areas of product and service delivery systems. The MAP study aims to improve the performance of social marketing & franchise programs in terms of health impact, behavior change, cost-effectiveness, equity, and efficiency. The study identifies areas of poor coverage or access, and, internally, will be used in strategic, project, and marketing planning. At present every district /Tehsil in Pakistan is divided into Union Councils (UC); the smallest administrative unit.
2. Tracking Results Continously TRAC
- Assessment of client perceptions regarding IUD and communication messages
- Assessing percentage of MWRAs who believe that IUD is a safe and effective contraceptive method
- Assessing percentage of MWRAs who know that side effects after IUD insertion will disappear within 3-6 months
We collect quantitative data about our social marketing programs by conducting TRaC studies. TRaC is a multi-round survey-based research approach that we use to gather information from a representative sample of our target populations. The data collected from TRaC studies allow us to understand characteristics of the groups we work with such as sociodemographics, health behaviors, knowledge about health products, and much more. This information is very useful to understand how to best design our social marketing programs as well as to assess if they are effective
3. Price Sensitivity Study
- The current prices at which clients are paying for family planning products (condoms, OC, pills, Injectable, IUDs,) & services
- To establish the range of acceptable prices (to consumers) for all family planning products to be purchased
- To establish the optimal price for all family planning products
4. Client Exit Survey
Greenstar conducts a semi-annual client exit survey for its social franchise network in to assess whether clients are satisfied with Greenstar Services offered and whether quality of care is up to a minimum standard.
The overall aim of the exit interview survey is to identify whether GSM services are meeting the needs of clients who attend the Greenstar facilities and to identify areas to improve clients satisfaction of their experience.
5. Manual Vacuum Aspiration Study
- Understand the providers attitudes and experiences of these services and challenges in promoting and providing these services
- Understand client's attitude and experience of these services along with the barriers to client uptake of post MVA FP adoption
- Determine support further needed from Greenstar to promote Post MVA FP adoption more broadly, improving provider's productivity and service delivery
- Inform the redesign of promotional materials, the design of mid-media campaigns and provider motivational activities, the revision of training and refresher materials, and the development of medical representatives' provider behavior change messages and tools.  RESEARCH, MONITORING & EVALUATION
Created By: Naveed Khan
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks