Woman Collage History
The Government College Women University Faisalabad (GCWUF) started its journey as an intermediate college in 1934. It was promoted to Degree College in the year 1944. The postgraduate disciplines were introduced in 1985. The long journey that started with the humble beginning reached its climax when it was granted the status of University on 3rd January 2013. The University is situated near Jaranwala Road not very far from the historical Clock Tower. The University is catering to the needs of more than six million people of the city and of equal number from the surrounding districts.
The University is offering educational degrees in various disciplines. The University is a hub of educational, social and cultural activities having a close liaison with business and industrial communities. Including the new campus, the University will have two campuses; the main and the new campus. More than eight thousand students are presently enrolled at GCWUF and this number is expected to exponentially increase. The GC Women University offers Ph.D programs in 7 disciples, MS/M.Phil programs in 16 disciplines, Master level programs in 20 disciplines, and Bachelor Programs in 25 disciplines.
The current faculty of GCWUF presents a blend of enthusiasm, sincerity and dedication. Already moderately equipped laboratories and a commitment to remain intact with modern teaching and research techniques are the main academic distinction of GCWUF. The GCWUF faculty comprises of highly quali.ed teachers with PhD., M. Phil/MS and M.Sc. serving in different faculties of the University i.e. Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Management and Administrative Science, and Faculty of Islamic and Oriental Learning. Fresh PhD faculty is also being placed at the University under the Interim Placement of Fresh PhDs (IPFP) Program. Under the Faculty Development Program, PhD scholarships with career opportunities are arranged through HEC
programs in various disciplines.
The Government College Women University Faisalabad has embarked on a new phase of history. The hallmark of the University’s educational philosophy is the reconstruction of human thought in all its facets on the foundation of social, moral and religious values. It is assured that they would be grounded in the welfare of both the students and faculty.
GCWUF mission is to provide students an enabling environment where dialogue is encouraged and ideas envisioned. It will provide the intellectual and physical infrastructure that will hold students to the highest moral and ethical values. University will achieve these goals with the cooperation of public and private sectors as well as the faculty and students of the Government College Women University Faisalabad.  Collage History
Vice Chancellor Message
The Government College Women University Faisalabad was enacted in January 2013. It is a civic University committed through its various degree programmes to increase the accessibility of female students to University-level study and to meet the educational needs of the society. The University is offering intermediate level classes in addition to BS, M.A, M.Sc., MS/M.Phil., Ph.D. level programmes. The University has highly skilled, experienced, qualified faculty and having diversity in the area of expertise. GCWUF is a platform where we provide freedom, diversity, creativity, conducive environment, knowledge, research to achieve excellence in the light of teachings of Islam and the guidelines of the Father of Nation Quaid-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah
Women education trends are increasing. Thus, female enrollment is our unique advantage. Being a Women University, the programmes are especially designed with special focus on areas that are more specific to the female employability and entrepreneurship. Higher Education is expensive world over; thus the mechanism is developed to ensure that marginalized and compromised students are accommodated through scholarships based on merit as well as need. Efforts are being made to develop new infrastructure with academic block, female hostels, administration block, library, auditorium, play grounds and other facilities.
I wish best of luck for your future in this prestigious institution.  Chancellor Message
IT Services Mission
The mission of the Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) is to enable the effective use of information technology in support of the University mission.  IT Mission
- Deliver information technology products and services that meet the needs of the University and achieve the highest level of satisfaction of the students, faculty and other university staff satisfaction.
Support the use and development of information technology to enable academic innovation in teaching, learning, research, and administrative activities of the university.
The ITS provides the following services:
- Network Management and maintenance
- Software installation and maintenance
- Hardware Repair and maintenance
- Web Designing and Development
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative Campus Management System (CMS) to support instructional, administrative and research functions of the university.  Collage Objectives
Being the only women University of the division, Government College Women University Faisalabad attracts students from all over the division including the suburban towns and villages. The University maintains two hostels within its premises to provide accommodation to students coming from other places. The Admission of students in the hostels is purely on merit and here merit means the distance of their Home district from GCWUF. Student after securing her admission has to submit an application in the office of Chairperson Hall Council, Prof. Dr. Nighat Bhatty on printed application form duly recommended by concerned head of the department. Students residing in the hostel have to strictly follow the rules and regulations made by Hall Council Office. All the dues have to be paid in time. If any student is found in violence of any disciplinary or financial rules, her admission may be cancelled by Chairperson Hall Council with confiscation of all types of deposited security if required.  Hall Council
Directorate Sports Mission
To promote close collaboration and healthy competition within departments of the University and participation of GCWUF Sports Team in Pakistan Inter Universities Sports Competition. Under the auspices of Higher Education Commission Islamabad.  Sports Mission
- To organize training programs for students.
- Capacity building of female players.
- To award cash prizes and sports scholarship to encourage the budding student players. Who won medal at Inter-Varsity and National Championships.  Sports Objectives
Brief Introduction of Director SportsThe directorate of Sports was established on 1st July 2013.
- A nation cannot safeguard its domestic and foreign interest and get its due status at national and international level without using the latest techniques of Physical Education and Sports Sciences in its professional and daily routine life.
- The department will play a vital role in promoting different games at national and international level and will strive to sensitize and humanize its students in enabling them to become the leader in the field of Physical Education and Sports Sciences.  Sports Objectives
Activities of Director Sports
- The directorate is striving to provide national and international players for promotion of sports at university a National level.
- To create healthy environment in the campus through sports activities.
- To organize sports competition among the departments and award the certificates and trophies to the position holders.  Sports Mission
- HEC Digital Library
- Press Releases
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Urdu and Persian
- Mass Communication
- Business Administration
- Applied Psychology
- Home Economics and Fine art
- Government College Women University
Created By: Zeeshan Ali
Edit By: nonePakpedia
Rate This Article No Thanks