Talking With PPP Member
Former President of Pakistan Engineering Council
Spokesperson of Presidential Office
BiographyBabar was born in Peshawar and belongs to an ethnic pashtun family.He did his high-school, Babar was admitted in Peshawar University in 1959. At there, he studied for his double major where he received his B.A. in Fine Arts and B.A. with Honors in Pushto language from the Peshawar University in 1963. He was then admitted at the University of Engineering and Technology of Peshawar where he graduated and received his B.Eng. in Civil Engineering in 1965, and followed by his Sc.M in Civil engineering, in 1967, from University of Engineering and Technology of Peshawar. In 1981, he did a one year long course in French Language and received a diploma in 1981.
Political CareerFarhat served as the press secretary of former President Asif Ali Zardari from 9th Sep 2008 – 9th Sep 2013. He currently has a seat under technocrats and ulema category in the senate. He was appointed in March 2012 and will finish his tenure in March 2018.He is also an influential engineering figure and previously served as the President of Pakistan Engineering Council for a decade, known for improving the engineering practices in the country. Farhat is a member of the following committees;
- The dilapidated condition of Bacha Khan Airport
- The Drafting Committee of the Committee of the Whole
- The Performance of PIA, Defence
- Foreign Affairs
- Information Broadcasting and National Heritage
- Human Rights and The Project of China-Pak Economic Corridor
- Serves as the chairperson of The Right to Information Bill, 2016 Committee
President and ChairpersonHe has been a president and chairperson of PR Management, PIM Karachi, Pakistan Engineering Council (1983), Certificate, Pakistan Computer Bureau Islamabad (1994), Journalism and Mass Communication, Information Academy Islamabad.
- Managing Editor of English National daily The Frontier Post
- Speech Writer to the Prime Minister
- Press Assistant to Prime Minister
- Manager Royal Saudi Air Force Project, Transarabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Participated/presented papers in scores of national/international seminars, UN meetings and conferences on multilateral and bilateral issues including the following:
- United Nations Regional Conference on Disarmament, Beijing, China
- International conference on Nuclear Non-Proliferation in South Asia, ISS
- Third Bilateral Pak-US Forum at Berkeley, USA
- 7th OIC summit Casablanca
- Global Forum Singapore
- UN General Assembly Session
- Publications include ten volumes of press articles, columns, research monographs
ResignationFarhatullah Babar was removed as the spokesperson for the PPP and for the party's co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari. A day after the outgoing PPP Senator criticised his own party in a farewell speech.However, PPP leaders and Babar himself said that he had "resigned" as Zardari's spokesman, and the resignation was accepted by the former president. In his last speech in Senate before his term expires, Babar had on Tuesday warned against the "judicialisation of politics and politicisation of the judiciary" and the existence of a "state within state".
- Home Number: +92 51 2655589
- Mobile Number: +92 300 8552543
- Fax Number: +92 51 9204974
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Address: H.No.24-A, St-52, F-7/4, Islamabad
- Permanent Address: H.No 24-A, St.No.52, F-7/4, Islamabad